ImageImageImageImageImage

2014-15 Trade/Signing Idea Thread V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Re: 2014-15 Trade/Signing Idea Thread V2.0 

Post#1381 » by navyblue » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:I'm against moving Patterson but would do it to get Bosh back

To TOR: Chris Bosh + Justin Hamilton
To MIA: Patrick Patterson + Landry Fields + Chuck Hayes + 2015 1st + NYK 2016 1st

Would be my best offer.

Cap relief, young stretch PF and picks.

Lowry / Vasquez
Derozan / Williams
Ross / J.Johnson / Bruno
Bosh / Amir / Hans
Val / Stiesma / Hamilton / Bebe

not on board with getting bosh. and giving up assets to do so. has 4 years and 100 mil left after this season. its a total all in move for a team that isnt there yet. lets spend one more off-season accumulation assets before a move like this. so much cap space this offeason to use. can definitely get top rotational player this offseason.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#1382 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:53 am

What is Kyle Lowrys value? Obviously we are not moving him but just wondering what we could get for him. I think there are 10 names I would want 4 are guys that we can't get (LeBron James, Durant, Curry and Davis) my buddy was think that we trade Lowry and Hansborough plus Fields for Wiggins, Rubio and Shabazz Muhammad

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#1383 » by sweetcity » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 am

We have young assets in Bebe, Bruno, and 3 first round picks coupled with cap space.... I like where we stand, but I think its fairly obvious after tonight, we need an upgrade at the 4
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#1384 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:28 am

Terrence Ross for Vince Carter + Jordan Adams
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#1385 » by Chriscross » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:32 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Terrence Ross for Vince Carter + Jordan Adams

I'm only trading Ross for an upgrade. Neither Carter or Adams are upgrades

PS. Have to say, 37 year old version of VC is very overrated on these boards
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
tamamada
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#1386 » by tamamada » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:17 am

what do you guys think of Joe Johnson?
Cons: age, huge contract
Pros: veteran, post game, distributer, closer, match up, 3pt threat, and a decent rebounder.
His game shouldn't disturb our chemistry, and could elevate us to another level.

You think the Nets will let him go for Fields, Hayes, and Vasquez? If not then perhaps we can put Ross in the deal to balance it out?
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#1387 » by chuckdevlin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:41 am

Tor: Jefferson and Pargo, j Taylor waived
Mil: Fields, Hayes, Hansbro 2015 1st
Cha: Pachulia, Henson, Dudley

JV/Jefferson/Stiemsma
Amir/PPat/Bebe
Ross/JJ/Caboclo
Dd/Lou/min
Lowry/Vas/Pargo

Biyombo/Pachulia/Zeller
Mwill/Henson/Maxiell/vonleh
Stephenson/MKG
Dudley/Henderson/Hairston
Walker/Roberts/Neal
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Splinter
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1388 » by Splinter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:09 am

chuckdevlin wrote:Tor: Jefferson and Pargo, j Taylor waived
Mil: Fields, Hayes, Hansbro 2015 1st
Cha: Pachulia, Henson, Dudley

JV/Jefferson/Stiemsma
Amir/PPat/Bebe
Ross/JJ/Caboclo
Dd/Lou/min
Lowry/Vas/Pargo

Biyombo/Pachulia/Zeller
Mwill/Henson/Maxiell/vonleh
Stephenson/MKG
Dudley/Henderson/Hairston
Walker/Roberts/Neal

Al Jefferson has more value than that, I think
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#1389 » by kidr1211 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:What is Kyle Lowrys value? Obviously we are not moving him but just wondering what we could get for him. I think there are 10 names I would want 4 are guys that we can't get (LeBron James, Durant, Curry and Davis) my buddy was think that we trade Lowry and Hansborough plus Fields for Wiggins, Rubio and Shabazz Muhammad

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Minnesota hangs up the phone
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#1390 » by kidr1211 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 pm

omg
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1391 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:57 pm

navyblue wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:I'm against moving Patterson but would do it to get Bosh back

To TOR: Chris Bosh + Justin Hamilton
To MIA: Patrick Patterson + Landry Fields + Chuck Hayes + 2015 1st + NYK 2016 1st

Would be my best offer.

Cap relief, young stretch PF and picks.

Lowry / Vasquez
Derozan / Williams
Ross / J.Johnson / Bruno
Bosh / Amir / Hans
Val / Stiesma / Hamilton / Bebe

not on board with getting bosh. and giving up assets to do so. has 4 years and 100 mil left after this season. its a total all in move for a team that isnt there yet. lets spend one more off-season accumulation assets before a move like this. so much cap space this offeason to use. can definitely get top rotational player this offseason.

Agreed. We can make a run at Milsap, Tobias, Jordan Hill etc... Bosh is still a great player, but I don't think this team is as elite as our record indicates and adding Bosh would not put us over the top. We currently have the 16th best defensive efficiency rating and you don't become a real contender with mediocre defense.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#1392 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 pm

This is aweful. Truly aweful. Why not just sign someone like K.J. McDaniels as a free agent? VC looks done as a player and nobody in their right mind would trade any asset of any kind for him.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#1393 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Sorry guys I meant Ross for VC+Adams+2 first rounders
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#1394 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:31 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Sorry guys I meant Ross for VC+Adams+2 first rounders

I'm really only interested in trading Ross if it's in a package for a starting SF or PF.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1395 » by Dalek » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Splinter wrote:With the news that Gallinari has to have another surgery, and Denver sliding down the standings, what are the chances that they look to clear the decks by the trade deadline? As in what are the chances that we can get their 2016 first for taking on their bad contracts? Say for example we trade Fields, Hayes, Hansbrough for Hickson, Gallo and that first.
How much tweaking would that need? That would net them 17 million in savings next year. For us we would get that pick, and Hickson could easily take the minutes that Hans/Hayes get. Not exactly a great rim protector or rebounder, but he's on the same level as the two he is replacing. Gallo is a decent buy-low target as well.
For Denver, this would essentially clear the dead weight off of their salary cap. If they could swap McGee for straight expirings, then they would have a significant amount of cap space this offseason

I love trading for Hickson, and have petitioned for a deal centred on him since we have expirings that could give a cost savings back to Denver. A couple concerns on your idea. I believe we have a partial hold already on Denver's 2016 pick, since this pick or NY's 2016 comes to us (likely the worse pick of the two) after the Bargnani deal. Secondly, Gallinari just blew out his knee again, so it likely wouldn't be able to occur unless the Raps waive a physical. Plus, why would they do all that just to secure Hickson and Gallo, who may not recover after what will be his third procedure.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1396 » by Dalek » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Splinter wrote:With the news that Gallinari has to have another surgery, and Denver sliding down the standings, what are the chances that they look to clear the decks by the trade deadline? As in what are the chances that we can get their 2016 first for taking on their bad contracts? Say for example we trade Fields, Hayes, Hansbrough for Hickson, Gallo and that first.
How much tweaking would that need? That would net them 17 million in savings next year. For us we would get that pick, and Hickson could easily take the minutes that Hans/Hayes get. Not exactly a great rim protector or rebounder, but he's on the same level as the two he is replacing. Gallo is a decent buy-low target as well.
For Denver, this would essentially clear the dead weight off of their salary cap. If they could swap McGee for straight expirings, then they would have a significant amount of cap space this offseason

I love trading for Hickson, and have petitioned for a deal centred on him since we have expirings that could give a cost savings back to Denver. A couple concerns on your idea. I believe we have a partial hold already on Denver's 2016 pick, since this pick or NY's 2016 comes to us (likely the worse pick of the two) after the Bargnani deal. Secondly, Gallinari just blew out his knee again, so it likely wouldn't be able to occur unless the Raps waive a physical. Plus, why would they do all that just to secure Hickson and Gallo, who may not recover after what will be his third procedure.
Splinter
Senior

Post#1397 » by Splinter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Dalek wrote:

my whole premise was we get their pick for taking on 17 million in salary next year. We have the lesser of theirs and the NYK pick in 2016 already, so after this we would have ours, Denver's and new york's pick. Great place to be to hypothetically trade for a star, or for a sign and trade...
Splinter
Senior

Post#1398 » by Splinter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Dalek wrote:

my whole premise was we get their pick for taking on 17 million in salary next year. We have the lesser of theirs and the NYK pick in 2016 already, so after this we would have ours, Denver's and new york's pick. Great place to be to hypothetically trade for a star, or for a sign and trade...
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#1399 » by sweetcity » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Toronto In - Mason Plumlee + Jerome Jordan (Waived)

Sacramento In - Deron Williams

Brooklyn In - 2015 Raptors 1st, Ben Maclemore, Derrick Williams, Jason Thompson + Tyler Hansbrough + Landry Fields + Reggie Evans, + Ramon Sessions + Ryan Hollins + Fillers

I believe Plumlee would be a great fit beside JV, willing to give up a first for him
Splinter
Senior

Post#1400 » by Splinter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Dalek wrote:

The whole idea is to get that 2016 pick of theirs by taking on 17 million in salary next year. We would then have 3 first rounders in 2016, ideal to make a big push for kd etc

Return to Toronto Raptors