ImageImageImageImageImage

Vince Carter on Tim and Sid at 2pm

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Re: Vince Carter on Tim and Sid at 2pm 

Post#141 » by Mattd97 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:to say im choosing things to fit my agenda,

Your denigration of Vince Carter in multiple threads today very clearly exposes your dislike and agenda with regard to this issue.

when im talking about his actual accomplishments that show his place in the league at his prime, while youre cherry picking two career advanced stats. its basic logic, if youre going to claim he is one of the best SGs of all time, youre going to have to show he was at least one of the best at any time. he was a top 2 guard never, top 4 once, and top 6 twice. thats not even close to one of the best ever. but youre going to continue with this for whatever reason so have fun doing what you do best.

While that isn't true at all (statistically Carter was a top 2 SG in both 99-00 and 00-01), his prime wasn't being talked about, his career was. By being 25th all time in VORP and 46th all time in win shares, he's placed quite clearly among the top 10 at his position for his career (longevity matters). How providing top 10 value at your position in history doesn't make you one of the best players at that position, I'm not sure, but you're the one with the ridiculous bone to pick with the guy.

alright, feel free to see anything ive said today as unreasonable and personal, and feel free to believe that vince carter is one of the best SGs in NBA history. do you.
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,320

Post#142 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:47 am

Mattd97 wrote: and feel free to believe that vince carter is one of the best SGs in NBA history.

I sure will as you'd have to be denying statistical fact to think any other way. Such denials are going to get even more ridiculous after he makes the HOF.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#143 » by Tacoma » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:18 am

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:
There is no bitterness, as is there little to no respect. I do not hate Vince, I just do not respect him as a player.

And you're so very convincing in that regard.

Why? Cause I observed his antics as a fan, and have a recollection of those antics?

The more you talk the more bitter you sound. Quite while you're ahead.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#144 » by MrBojangelz71 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 am

Tacoma wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:And you're so very convincing in that regard.

Why? Cause I observed his antics as a fan, and have a recollection of those antics?

The more you talk the more bitter you sound. Quite while you're ahead.

You need to educate yourself on the word bitter. Please do tell, what exactly have I said about VC that was bitter?
Mr_Basketball
Banned User
And1: 160

Post#145 » by Mr_Basketball » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 am

raptoradical wrote:
Mr_Basketball wrote:
raptoradical wrote:Hope Mr Basketball didn't ruin the thread

How could I ruin this thread? You already ruined it before I had a chance.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using RealGM Forums mobile app

And the funny thing is, I knew you were gonna come back with something. I know your not trying to compare posts lol. How old are u? Either way you come off real childish dude.

Of course I'm going to "come back with something". You accused me of ruining the thread. I'm not just gonna let that pass. If I accused you of "ruining the thread", than you would "come back with something" as well.

So congratulations on being a psychic and knowing that I would "come back with something".

To the contrary, it was you acting childish when you accused me of "ruining the thread" completely unprovoked. I hadn't said anything to you prior to your childish comment. Nor had I ruined the thread. Your posts are terrible to be honest.
endo
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#146 » by endo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:58 am

Mr_Basketball wrote:
raptoradical wrote:
Mr_Basketball wrote:
How could I ruin this thread? You already ruined it before I had a chance.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using RealGM Forums mobile app

And the funny thing is, I knew you were gonna come back with something. I know your not trying to compare posts lol. How old are u? Either way you come off real childish dude.

Of course I'm going to "come back with something". You accused me of ruining the thread. I'm not just gonna let that pass. If I accused you of "ruining the thread", than you would "come back with something" as well.

So congratulations on being a psychic and knowing that I would "come back with something".

To the contrary, it was you acting childish when you accused me of "ruining the thread" completely unprovoked. I hadn't said anything to you prior to your childish comment. Nor had I ruined the thread. Your posts are terrible to be honest.

Listen, you are contributing nothing to this thread, so please stop.

You've already had several posters call you out - so stop being delusional and accept the fact that you messed up and embarrassed yourself.

Be a man and stop trying to defend your actions and in the process dig an even bigger hole than the one you currently reside in.
Mr_Basketball
Banned User

Post#147 » by Mr_Basketball » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:01 am

endo wrote:
Mr_Basketball wrote:
raptoradical wrote:And the funny thing is, I knew you were gonna come back with something. I know your not trying to compare posts lol. How old are u? Either way you come off real childish dude.

You've already had several posters call you out - so stop being delusional and accept the fact that you messed up and embarrassed yourself.

Be a man and stop trying to defend your actions and in the process dig an even bigger hole than the one you currently reside in.

I already addressed this "please stop" nonsense. I told you guys: i will stop posting when all of you guys stop posting. If you're not willing to stop posting, than don't tell me to stop posting. It just makes you a hypocrite.

So maybe you should heed your own advice, and please stop. If you guys stop posting, so will I. If you don't, neither will I. The ball is in your court.

PS, you haven't contributed anything to this thread either.
endo
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#148 » by endo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:03 am

Keep on digging
Mr_Basketball
Banned User

Post#149 » by Mr_Basketball » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 am

endo wrote:Keep on digging

LOL. From the guy who said I contributed nothing to this thread. Please tell me what exactly you have contributed to this thread. Don't change the subject either. I asked you a question, and I'd like an answer. What have you contributed to this thread?

LOL! Keep on digging.

Rapsfan151
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#150 » by Rapsfan151 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:28 am

Christ you guys are terrible.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,437

Post#151 » by KL78192020 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:36 am

I like Vince and what he did, but at the same time he could've done more. The stat I look at is FTA, I mean the most he ever made it to the free throw line was 7 times a game (which was pretty short lived).

Demar goes to the line 8 times a game, yet Vince has so much more god given natural talent, he just lacked the aggressiveness at times to attack the rim and just put in that extra effort consistently. Demar may not be as talented as him but he gives 110%.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,320

Post#152 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:37 am

ozzykhan16 wrote:Demar may not be as talented as him but he gives 110%.

Not on defense, he doesn't.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#153 » by Boogie! » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:44 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
ozzykhan16 wrote:Demar may not be as talented as him but he gives 110%.

Not on defense, he doesn't.

honestly, if we had prime vince carter instead of demar derozan on this team, we'd be a championship contender… easily… i don't give a **** about this whole work ethic crap people keep trying to spin about carter… like i said, at some point moral victories don't mean ****… you're either productive or your not… and vince carter at his best was extremely productive.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
PenguinBoxer
Senior
And1: 552

Post#154 » by PenguinBoxer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:47 am

even demar would tell you he is not half the player vince was in his prime.

Vince was the face of the league. get that through your heads.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#155 » by kingkirk » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:50 am

I am looking at this from an outsider's view so i won't even pretend to know what you guys went through during the exit of VC, but i will say this.

As a kid, growing up as a Bulls fan, i happily rocked a Toronto jersey. My team sucked in the early 2000s. I was young, impressionable and no one on my team worth rooting for.

Vince Carter was a global icon. He is the only Raptor to be one imo.

I remember when the 2000 Olympics were starting, and at home, the coverage of that team was only focused on one guy - Vince Carter.

He put this team on the map, and the franchise owes him that.

He also owes the franchise because they put him on the map, and with it all ended, he could have handled himself MUCH better.

That said, both sides have given and taken in this relationship. The best thing for your organisation is to let bigones be bigones and just move on and start fresh.

This guy is going to the HOF. He is top 5 in all major categories within your franchise. Carter 15 jerseys still remain. I know i still have mine. People will be watching the dunk contest 20 years from now and he will still be repping the Toronto jersey.

Let it all go, for the sake of the franchise. It's not a good thing for a team to be forever against it's greatest player.

I know some of you will never forgive or forget. I get it. But, as an NBA fan, it would be a sweet to see things mended here, and hopefully the video tribute from the other day is a step in the right direction.

Return to Toronto Raptors