ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Dallas Mavericks @ Toronto Raptors 11/28 7:30 TSN 1,2,4

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Re: GT: Dallas Mavericks @ Toronto Raptors 11/28 7:30 TSN 1, 

Post#361 » by HeartBreaking » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 pm

BrunoSkull wrote:Image

made this last nite

should've been the opposite
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
BrunoSkull
RealGM
And1: 110,436

Post#362 » by BrunoSkull » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:08 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:
BrunoSkull wrote:Image

made this last nite

should've been the opposite

true :lol: but Jonas is angry, u hv to feel his anger!
kingcns187
Senior
And1: 648

Post#363 » by kingcns187 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 pm

to add to that comment, some were out ALL night with some groupies lol
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#364 » by Jstock12 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:12 pm

thunderforce wrote:I wonder if Bebe is long and fast enough to guard Dirk , I mean if Bargs could do it how hard could it be . So many times we can use his length and height but until he gets experience he can't play but if he never plays he will never get experience .

It doesn't matter if he's long or quick or whatever. Dirk is borderline unguardable, he'll get his shot off.

pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#365 » by pbj » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Looking for Demar and GV to have 2nd consecutive 50% or better games
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#366 » by vini_vidi_vici » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:18 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg334Kzh-lU[/youtube]

K time to be productive so I can watch the game tonight.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#367 » by thunderforce » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
thunderforce wrote:I wonder if Bebe is long and fast enough to guard Dirk , I mean if Bargs could do it how hard could it be . So many times we can use his length and height but until he gets experience he can't play but if he never plays he will never get experience .

It doesn't matter if he's long or quick or whatever. Dirk is borderline unguardable, he'll get his shot off.

Maybe but I would think a 7 foot defender with a 7 foot 7 wingspan would have more luck guarding a 7 foot shooter than Barnes who is 6 foot 8 . But that is just me .
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#368 » by Jstock12 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:29 pm

thunderforce wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

Maybe but I would think a 7 foot defender with a 7 foot 7 wingspan would have more luck guarding a 7 foot shooter than Barnes who is 6 foot 8 . But that is just me .

It doesn't matter to Dirk.

TakeItOut
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#369 » by TakeItOut » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Hey, guys! I'd like to ask kinda off topic questions.
1. Does anyone know which games the Raptors will play in purple. (without Mavs)
2. And why fans in Air Canada Center is booing on Sweet Lou???
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#370 » by Kabookalu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Dirk would probably tear him to mincemeat but I'd like to see James Johnson on Dirk. What makes Dirk so hard to stop is that his footwork and skill level is so otherworldly that he can blow by defenders, and pull up for a jumper as his defender has their back turned thinking he's driving in for the lay up. Match him up with a smaller forward and he'll bully them with his strength.

James Johnson is one of the strongest players in the league. He has the athleticism to keep Dirk in front of him, the strength to not be pushed around, and the wingspan to contest his shot.

It might be our best bet, but still, it's Dirk. Lamar Odom had all of these tools James Johnson had and was eaten alive in the 2011 playoffs.
Read on Twitter
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#371 » by Kabookalu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 pm

TakeItOut wrote:Hey, guys! I'd like to ask kinda off topic questions.

They're chanting "LOUUUUUUUU" not boo.

Read on Twitter
TripleMKE
Sixth Man
And1: 3,342

Post#372 » by TripleMKE » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Take at look at this road trip coming up... :lol:

I'd be happy with 2-4 to be honest...
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#373 » by HeartBreaking » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:41 pm

TripleMKE wrote:Take at look at this road trip coming up... :lol:

I'd be happy with 2-6 to be honest...

I would expect 8-0
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#374 » by LLJ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:43 pm

I'd be happy with 2-6 to be honest...

This is basically the hardest stretch of the season. We could go 0-8 in it and still get 50 wins this season.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,003

Post#375 » by JaysRule15 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Spoiler:
CB4Champ wrote:Game 16

The Outsiders Cometh!!! Yelled an excited youth as he ran through his Neighbourhood of Regent Park.

The Outsider's home after a triumphant win over the Hawks, have the city in a shock of seeing a team from Toronto atop an entire Sports league Conference. The Team was getting props from the city of snow and ice and the fans were in a fever pitch.

The Outsiders Backup PG(Vasquez) broke out and had a game that made him a fan delight last year. Him and his fellow Outsider, Backup SG(Lou), led the team to a well earned win and were touching down in the city.

As they walked back from the plane, some of there loyal fans were there with signs cheering. Outsider knew his city as hardworking, and blue collar and he was surprised to see the fanbase cheering them from coming off the plane. The Outsiders appreciated the love of their fans and all the Outsiders stayed and signed autographs and took pictures with the fans and the youth. To see all the fans happy in 20 years of downs and few Ups, Outsider realized that much more, how the city needed a winner. Outsider then went to the Outsider SG Dubbed Example and asked him "Man, We come a long way", The Outsider dubbed Example then told him "This city loves hardworkers, Why I felt that they had to know that I will not leave them like players of the past, Many former players forced there way out, said it smelled different in the City, not knowing that the City cared for them even when others would mock them, Thats not me" Outsider looked at the Outsider dubbed Example and saw on his face a determined looked. Righteous anger was welling up in him as he lived through one of the players mocking the city. Then Example let out a hearty Laugh and said "You know What? This team won't let the fans down, We got Them" Outsider laughed with him and it seemed the laughing was contagious because all the fellow outsiders were laughing along also. Outsider then remembered a verse from the Bible from one of it's Kings:

Proverbs 17:22
Jubilee Bible 2000
A joyful heart shall do good like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones

Outsider knew that the healing of the city had begun, and he was just as determined as His Brother in the change to make the people Joyful.

As the team went to practice, they were in union in discussing the strgety against the team known as the Mavericks. The Outsiders Vet Backup C(Hayes) stood up and when he stood the team went quite, he said" We can't take these guys lightly, they are top 8 in the lead and the west is where dominance is known. We must stick together and find a way of containing The One named Disco, Contain him, we contain the Mavs", All the outsiders nodded their heads and then the Outsiders Backup SF(James) was sitting beside outsider and said "Thats Why I'm Here". Outsider's best perimeter Defender was preparing himself for the matchup. He knew the team will be counting on his size and quickness to disrupt The Champion known as Disco the German, Who led his team to the Top when many doubted him. Disco(Dirk) was another player whos game is dubbed unguardable. His moves were as unpredictable as the Outsider dubbed quirky one. The Matchup will see if the Vet Champion could rally his team to crush the hopes of the Outsiders and bring them down from the sky. The Outsiders backup SF(James) Known as the Avalanche because when he drives to the basket, people bounce of of him and none were strong enough to withstand his force, knew his D would be on display and needed to Counter The Mavs Champ. Outsiders then huddled together and said a prayer. Then an Eagle flying by Cawed and the team knew it was gametime.

At the Game the team was preparing and Outsider was wondering just how good was the Champ of the Mavs dubbed Disco. He was wathcing him taking 3's and his mouth dropped open. He counted 37 shots taken and 37 shots made and it looked like the Vet did not even break a sweat. He recollected another man who shot just as effortlessly The Man dubbed Legend(Larry Bird), He knew if the Outsiders Backup SF dubbed Avalanche could not slow down this man the team could be in for a uphill battle. Then as if reading his mind Outsider dubbed Avalanche stood beside him. "Impressive huh Youngsta", Outsider looked at him"The Guy did not miss 1 three" Uh huh, Nodded Avalanche A smile coming across his face. Outsider knew that the Outsider Dubbed Avalanche was the wildcard of the team. Hot headed but cool, Quick to defend his mates and did not take guff from no one. He intimidated bigger players then him and none wanted to get on his bad side. After boucning around the Assoication for his hot temper, teams were weary of him, but Knew that Avalanche had Game Changing talent. Finally with the threat of being out of the league, The City of Toronto came calling as a final hand to give him another chance. He was paid less then most on the Team, but money did not drive Avalanche, he knew his chances were running out and he felt loyalty to Toronto the team that took a chance on him in a trade with Chicago and then scooped him up after Memphis gave up on him. He was determined to make it work. The Head of the Team Named Masai, reached out to him and told him in his words "James, Your hot heaedness, and ego has made many teams turn their back on you, You could be out of the league, You must contain your ego and let it fuel your game, This city will back you, but You must control yourself, If you can't make it in Toronto, then no other team will bend for you and you will be OUT!!" These words shook Avalanche to the core, and he knew that the City of Ice and Snow was a place of redemption.

Then Avalanche with a smile on his face and a Look of A man eager for the challenge went back to the huddle.

The Outsiders were building each other up and Example was speaking to the team. Outsider was looking around at the Fans and saw the happiness in there eyes and smiles, the diverse crowd was already chanting "Lets Go Raptors, Outsiders Be On It!" and it warmed him, and he and his fellow outsiders wanted to keep the inning feelings going not just for them, but for the city who had not won a title in any major sport in 23 long and depressing years. The Team was Praying and after Started a Chant of there own The Ousiders PG)LOwry) said"123 Teamwork! then they broke the huddle. As they stepped on the court a Teen fan Yelled "THE OUTSIDERS COMETH, THEY ON IT". Tip Off was just seconds away.

To be continued

Sweet read as always.

TakeItOut
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#376 » by TakeItOut » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Choker wrote:
TakeItOut wrote:Hey, guys! I'd like to ask kinda off topic questions.

They're chanting "LOUUUUUUUU" not boo.

Thanks!

Please answer if someone knows about throwback nights schedule or something like that!
wow09
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,559

Post#377 » by wow09 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
thunderforce wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

It doesn't matter to Dirk.

No one guards dirk. I will absolutely never forget his performance in the finals vs The Heat. As a younger fan that was probably the best finals appearance I've been able to watch.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#378 » by witnessraps » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 pm

celtics beating the bulls right now, let's grow that lead!!!!
hell_razor
Banned User
And1: 4,567

Post#379 » by hell_razor » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:46 pm

rip raptors
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,003

Post#380 » by JaysRule15 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I can expect us to beat the Bulls, Suns, Nuggets and Clippers. It's the Warriors and Blazers that scare me. 3-3 would be a great record here.

Return to Toronto Raptors