ImageImageImageImageImage

Credit to Casey and his coaching

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Re: Credit to Casey and his coaching 

Post#41 » by JackedFinancier » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:35 am

DonMega wrote:I gotta admit, casey is the best coach this team ever had. He does make bone headed moves but it's clearly working this season and the team respects him.

--Sent from my Note Pro 12.2

hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,664

Post#42 » by hyper316 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:57 am

the best part of his coaching is able to turn lowry's career around and respect the coach
Sheldon Cooper
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Post#43 » by Sheldon Cooper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:26 am

Do people criticizing Casey's offensive sets realize this team is amazing offensively? Without a superstar player who can draw double and tripple teams all night. The only team offensively more efficient than the Raptors right now are the Mavericks but they are nowhere nearly as good defensively. Chew on that for a second. Let it fully sink in.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#44 » by m83588333 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:16 am

Sheldon Cooper wrote:Do people criticizing Casey's offensive sets realize this team is amazing offensively? Without a superstar player who can draw double and tripple teams all night. The only team offensively more efficient than the Raptors right now are the Mavericks but they are nowhere nearly as good defensively. Chew on that for a second. Let it fully sink in.

Toronto has a stacked roster. Thank MU for the offense. Good coaching is coaxing passable defence from the Mavs, Bucks overcoming poor athleticism like the Spurs
Using Tapatalk
m83588333
Analyst

Post#45 » by m83588333 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:16 am

Toronto has one of the highest payrolls in the NBA.
Using Tapatalk
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#46 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

I love these stats:

Pace adjusted rankings

Opponent 2nd chance points: 8th
Opponent points off turnovers: 1st
Opponent fast break points: 5th

Good job Casey.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#47 » by J-Roc » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:24 pm

At some point he'll have to change good approach from developing a "program" and coaching "young guys" to trying to win a championship. My main worry with Casey is he's not suited to the latter.
moneyjones1234
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#48 » by moneyjones1234 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:05 pm

The type of threads and posts i see on here are so stupid sometimes it feels like people were watching the raptors for the first time. Casey was an idiot but he has improved so much this year. He deserves a majority of the credit for the raptor success. Tired of hearing complaints about him.
moneyjones1234
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#49 » by moneyjones1234 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:07 pm

J-Roc wrote:At some point he'll have to change good approach from developing a "program" and coaching "young guys" to trying to win a championship. My main worry with Casey is he's not suited to the latter.

He was a key figure in the Mavs championship run. How can he not coach a championship team?
justinmacd
Senior
And1: 525

Post#50 » by justinmacd » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Hate how little he trusts JV but I am starting to warm up to his rotations a bit.

These guys are going to be able to stay fresh deep into the season because of the reduced minutes.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#51 » by J-Roc » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm

moneyjones1234 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:At some point he'll have to change good approach from developing a "program" and coaching "young guys" to trying to win a championship. My main worry with Casey is he's not suited to the latter.

He was a key figure in the Mavs championship run. How can he not coach a championship team?

Might be different as an assistant. The role of an assistant is so different, never really having to deal with conflicts.

I'm just hoping that in the latter half of the season Casey will talk about real expectations.
Sheldon Cooper
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Credit to Casey and his coaching 

Post#52 » by Sheldon Cooper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:47 pm

m83588333 wrote:
Sheldon Cooper wrote:Do people criticizing Casey's offensive sets realize this team is amazing offensively? Without a superstar player who can draw double and tripple teams all night. The only team offensively more efficient than the Raptors right now are the Mavericks but they are nowhere nearly as good defensively. Chew on that for a second. Let it fully sink in.

Toronto has a stacked roster. Thank MU for the offense. Good coaching is coaxing passable defence from the Mavs, Bucks overcoming poor athleticism like the Spurs

Right... The roster is so stacked that majority of the people on this board wanted to tank for Andrew Wiggins last season! Or did acquiring Lou Williams and James Johnson push it over to stacked? We have a grand total of one All-Star appearance among the players on this 'stacked' roster. And exactly one top-5 draft pick.

As for being near the top of NBA salary wise, that is even dumber than your 'stacked' comment. NBA has a salary cap so most teams that are not in the luxury tax bracket are in the similar payroll range. There are teams over the cap but we are not one of them. Check out what Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes are making this season, then check their offensive contributions, then come back to me.

Ignorance is bliss.
m83588333
Analyst

Post#53 » by m83588333 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Sheldon Cooper wrote:
m83588333 wrote:

Right... The roster is so stacked that majority of the people on this board wanted to tank for Andrew Wiggins last season! Or did acquiring Lou Williams and James Johnson push it over to stacked? We have a grand total of one All-Star appearance among the players on this 'stacked' roster. And exactly one top-5 draft pick.

As for being near the top of NBA salary wise, that is even dumber than your 'stacked' comment. NBA has a salary cap so most teams that are not in the luxury tax bracket are in the similar payroll range. There are teams over the cap but we are not one of them. Check out what Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes are making this season, then check their offensive contributions, then come back to me.

Ignorance is bliss.

Raptors were bad for a long time. Years of lottery picks. BC drafted pretty well, MU won recent trades by a lot leads to a stacked roster. GM is responsible for the regular season, coaches post season. OKC is good because of Presti not Brookes.
Using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Raptors