ImageImageImageImageImage

Jonas stats when playing 30+minutes

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

maxpower88
Senior
And1: 174

Re: Jonas stats when playing 30+minutes 

Post#21 » by maxpower88 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:38 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:JV doesn't have the conditioning to play 30+ minutes at a high level.

Exactly. Even when he has a good game, by the end of the games he's much slower, labouring more as he runs back across court.
mad-man
Rookie
And1: 727

Post#22 » by mad-man » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:39 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:JV doesn't have the conditioning to play 30+ minutes at a high level.

You dont know this and neither do we. Id like to see him play a game for 38-40 mins and see what his production is.
-Demar Derozan: "We haven't did nothing"
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#23 » by sca » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Not totally on topic, but one strategy I'd like to see if that when we get up by 10-15, hitting JV for like 2-4 straight post-ups.

Slow the game down, limit their chance of running their way back into the game, we get high efficiency shots.

Granted, he's got to get better at passing out of the post, but I think the benefits outweigh negatives.

The only problem I have with this is that Jonas being a bit turnover prone, so this strategy can become counterproductive with turnovers leading to easy offense for the opposing teams.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#24 » by VinBaker6 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:42 pm

mad-man wrote:

You dont know this and neither do we. Id like to see him play a game for 38-40 mins and see what his production is.

Its pretty clear when watching, he's not used to his body weight. He labors in the 2nd halves of games

S/O to TZ!
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#25 » by sca » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:03 pm

youngtea wrote:
JN wrote:He gets more minutes when he is playing better. So of course his stats will tend to be better in those games.

Not essentially the case on the offensive side. There are games he went 4/5 or 6/7 and only got 21-25 minutes.

(All stats are from the last two seasons)

Jonas PER36 stats when playing 30+ minutes:
16.1 PTS / 11.2 REB / 0.6 AST / 1.2 BLK / 1.8 TO / 3.4 PF / .560 FG% / .779 FT%

Jonas PER36 stats when playing 20-29 minutes:
14.1 PTS / 11.6 REB / 1.1 AST / 1.2 BLK / 2.5 TO / 4.6 PF / .522 FG% / .755 FT%
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
maxpower88
Senior
And1: 174

Post#26 » by maxpower88 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:06 pm

mad-man wrote:

Bro, do you not have eyes? He's clearly fatigued later on in games.
MVP-
Starter
And1: 2,394

Post#27 » by MVP- » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:24 pm

maxpower88 wrote:
mad-man wrote:

He has eyes of lust for JV.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#28 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Like it doesnt surprise me casey only gives him minutes wqhen hes literally destroying the competition. I mean it would probably take some sort of catastrophic injury to chuck hayes to get him 30 othyerwise, and i hope to god chuck hayes never gets injured.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#29 » by HeartBreaking » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Not totally on topic, but one strategy I'd like to see if that when we get up by 10-15, hitting JV for like 2-4 straight post-ups.

Slow the game down, limit their chance of running their way back into the game, we get high efficiency shots.

Granted, he's got to get better at passing out of the post, but I think the benefits outweigh negatives.

surest way to get the other team back in the game. Hes a turnover machine
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#30 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 pm

13-2, 13-2, 13-2. That is all that matters. I am a horse with blinders on, I only recognize short term impact, intelligent conversation and developed ideas are too hard for me to understand.

Let me grab the simplest argument and hold onto it otherwise I may have to acknowledge that the coach letting my favorite player do what he wants when he wants without repercussions is a bad thing.

I am happy we are 13-2 but only an idiot would say that because we have a good record that every aspect of the teams development is beyond questioning.

Walmart provides food and goods at prices that makes them a hefty profit and provides poorer families a better chance to feed and clothe their children. Does that mean people should ignore the fact that they don't pay a lot of their employees a living wage?
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Post#31 » by Duffman100 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:surest way to get the other team back in the game. Hes a turnover machine

13.3% Turnover Percentage? He's really not that bad at all.
youngtea
Sixth Man
And1: 1,045

Post#32 » by youngtea » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Young Moosehead wrote:13-2, 13-2, 13-2. That is all that matters. I am a horse with blinders on, I only recognize short term impact, intelligent conversation and developed ideas are too hard for me to understand.

Let me grab the simplest argument and hold onto it otherwise I may have to acknowledge that the coach letting my favorite player do what he wants when he wants without repercussions is a bad thing.

I am happy we are 13-2 but only an idiot would say that because we have a good record that every aspect of the teams development is beyond questioning.

Walmart provides food and goods at prices that makes them a hefty profit and provides poorer families a better chance to feed and clothe their children. Does that mean people should ignore the fact that they don't pay a lot of their employees a living wage?

No one is questioning Casey and his rotations. We are talking about if he is more productive when he gets more minutes....
TDotsfinest97
Banned User
And1: 5,953

Post#33 » by TDotsfinest97 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Young Moosehead wrote:13-2, 13-2, 13-2. That is all that matters. I am a horse with blinders on, I only recognize short term impact, intelligent conversation and developed ideas are too hard for me to understand.

Worst analogy, never say that again, please.
Young Moosehead
Veteran

Post#34 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:57 pm

youngtea wrote:

No one is questioning Casey and his rotations. We are talking about if he is more productive when he gets more minutes....

I know no one is. Neither am I.

I was expressing frustration with opening yet another thread to see someone mindlessly posting our record as a reason that any element of the team is beyond reproach.
Young Moosehead
Veteran

Post#35 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:01 pm

TDotsfinest97 wrote:

Worst analogy, never say that again, please.

I admit, its not a great analogy. A Hitler analogy would have been worse though. Hyperbole for the win.
mad-man
Rookie
And1: 727

Post#36 » by mad-man » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm

MVP- wrote:
maxpower88 wrote:
mad-man wrote:

He has eyes of lust for JV.

I'm saying I dont know, and I'd rather base my decision on fact. I'll leave the "eye" test to you guys
-Demar Derozan: "We haven't did nothing"

Return to Toronto Raptors