ImageImageImageImageImage

SotD: White Squad 3rd in NetRTG among qualifiers.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

SotD: White Squad 3rd in NetRTG among qualifiers. 

Post#1 » by vini_vidi_vici » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:45 pm

So I was messing around with the lineups last night, and thought this was interesting a) because of the amount of mins White Squad has played, b) because of their NetRTG.

Among 36, 5 man lineups who have played >= 100 mins, they are third in NetRTG with a +18.4.

I understand with injuries/tighter rotations/etc.. alot of lineups dont/wont qualify but its still pretty good. Maybe they could be a PO team in the east hah.

iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,583

Re: SotD: White Squad 3rd in NetRTG among qualifiers. 

Post#2 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Starters doing alright too.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#3 » by vini_vidi_vici » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Starters doing alright too.

13th, its why I cut them in aswell. +7.2.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,088

Post#4 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:23 pm

I love watching the opposing team's feed to get a different view of things. Usually it's boring at the beginning when theypreview the Raptors because it's all "Lowry's a bulldog playing at an all-star level", I mean every game! Obviously they're reading the script given to them by Matty D and co.

But during the games, when they start to appreciate just how much firepower is coming off the bench for the Raptors, that's when it get's fun. Last night against Orlando it went on and on, because White Squad was just killing their starters in the 4th. But my favourite was the Wizards blow-out, when they realized we were running prime Sixer Lou W. and Greivis (He could start for many teams!) Vasquez out there, and they were clearly in awe.

The team doesn't have a superstar, but only the Spurs have a better bench (assuming Patty Mills comes back and hasn't lost a step). In an era where coaches are starting to be more concerned with keeping their starters fresh though the season and into the playoffs, it's a hell of an asset.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#5 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:I love watching the opposing team's feed to get a different view of things. Usually it's boring at the beginning when theypreview the Raptors because it's all "Lowry's a bulldog playing at an all-star level", I mean every game! Obviously they're reading the script given to them by Matty D and co.

Can't say I blame them too much in that regard. Lowry is the primary reason the team is where it is and has been playing at a top 10 level for over a year now. Most NBA fans in the US still aren't aware how good he is.

If I'm an opposing broadcaster summarizing what the Raptors are, I'm leading with him first. Then you can justifiably get into the rest of them.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
joediamond
Banned User
And1: 404

Post#6 » by joediamond » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:35 pm

keep in mind, this is almost solely against bench players.

They would get crushed against starting lineups night in night out. They tend to feat on scrubs, while Amir and JV take on the big boys for the vast majority of the time. Any big boy C has its way with the bench.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#7 » by m83588333 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:38 pm

joediamond wrote:keep in mind, this is almost solely against bench players.

They would get crushed against starting lineups night in night out. They tend to feat on scrubs, while Amir and JV take on the big boys for the vast majority of the time. Any big boy C has its way with the bench.

Actually teams are playing starters extra minutes because the second unit could take a small lead and turn it into a blowout. Middle of the season when teams rest starters the second unit can put up monster numbers.
Using Tapatalk
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#8 » by Mikistan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Wtf is "white squad"
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,583

Post#9 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Mikistan wrote:Wtf is "white squad"

In practice the starters wear red jerseys (or black?) and the bench guys wear white jerseys.

Or the team is super racist so the bench players are white squad because they aren't as good at basketball as black squad.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#10 » by m83588333 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:

In practice the starters wear red jerseys (or black?) and the bench guys wear white jerseys.

Or the team is super racist so the bench players are white squad because they aren't as good at basketball as black squad.

The mulatto group ain't bad. Lou is part Native American.
Using Tapatalk
Rapsfan151
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#11 » by Rapsfan151 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 pm

They definitely "feast" on other team's bench players but so do all bench players. When they are playing well they are a really good 2nd unit and at times, last night being an example, can hold their own against other team's starting lineups.

The interesting thing for me is how good Handsborough's numbers are. Often times he looks like he makes bonehead plays and doesn't really do anything well but when he is on the floor the team has played really well.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#12 » by Rapcity_11 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:19 am

But, but, but Casey' rotations are trash.....

Thanks VVV.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#13 » by CrookedJ » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:35 am

m83588333 wrote:
joediamond wrote:keep in mind, this is almost solely against bench players.

Actually teams are playing starters extra minutes because the second unit could take a small lead and turn it into a blowout. Middle of the season when teams rest starters the second unit can put up monster numbers.

Great point about our bench messing with other teams rotations. I hadn't thought of that. Can't leave your second unit out there against ours or it gets run over.

Sent from an app on a device, neither of which I will endorse without compensation.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#14 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:58 am

The military arm of the White movement, a loose coalition of anti-Bolshevik forces in the Russian Civil War.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#15 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:59 am

m83588333 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

The mulatto group ain't bad. Lou is part Native American.

I'm the Chief now!
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#16 » by Kabookalu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:00 am

They'd be first in the league if it wasn't for Casey.
Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors