ImageImageImageImageImage

Support Kyle Lowry All-Star Vote

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Snowcrash
Analyst
And1: 118

Re: Support Kyle Lowry All-Star Vote 

Post#81 » by Snowcrash » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:27 pm

CptLouHefner wrote:I chose Lowry, Wade, Lebron, Gasol and Vucevic

What if Wade beats out Lowry for the second guard spot by one vote?

Yeah, it's unlikely but bottom line, you didn't do Lowery's chances of an all-star spot any favours by voting for Wade.

If people really want to make sure KL gets in, their second choice for Eastern guard has to be a player who has no hope of finishing in the top 2.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#82 » by mintsa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:27 pm

When do the first returns come out ??

We'll see then if were wasting our time or not.
CptLouHefner
Banned User
And1: 243
Location: Somewhere getting suspended for trolling the garbage ass Knicks team.

Post#83 » by CptLouHefner » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Snowcrash wrote:

Yeah, it's unlikely but bottom line, you didn't do Lowery's chances of an all-star spot any favours by voting for Wade.

If people really want to make sure KL gets in, their second choice for Eastern guard has to be a player who has no hope of finishing in the top 2.

I chose those that were the most deserving. I'm not going to be like 90% of the voting population that chooses based on politics. I recognized the players that have been playing great thus far; Lowry being amongst them.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#84 » by bluerap23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Keep the momentum going
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#85 » by Zeno » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Might as well ask this here just confirm I didn't imagine it. Did James Johnson In fact do a "burger eating" celebration of a Lowry post-up in last's game?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
bluerap23
Head Coach

Post#86 » by bluerap23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:15 pm

CptLouHefner wrote:
Snowcrash wrote:

I chose those that were the most deserving. I'm not going to be like 90% of the voting population that chooses based on politics. I recognized the players that have been playing great thus far; Lowry being amongst them.

Well you seem to be a Lou Williams fan. Why not vote for him? He may not deserve to start, but he definitely has earned some votes.
CptLouHefner
Banned User

Post#87 » by CptLouHefner » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:16 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:
Snowcrash wrote:What if Wade beats out Lowry for the second guard spot by one vote?

Well you seem to be a Lou Williams fan. Why not vote for him? He may not deserve to start, but he definitely has earned some votes.

I'm also a fan of Chuck Hayes, should I vote him in as well?
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#88 » by team edward » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:33 pm

CptLouHefner wrote:
Snowcrash wrote:

I chose raptors only. Why help anyone else? Part of a winner take all democracy is voting strategically.
Swag
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Post#89 » by Swag » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:12 pm

I've been voting for Lowry, JV, Amir, DD and James like crazy...

Lets make sure we vote in Lowry
CptLouHefner
Banned User

Post#90 » by CptLouHefner » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:34 pm

team edward wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:
Snowcrash wrote:What if Wade beats out Lowry for the second guard spot by one vote?

I chose raptors only. Why help anyone else? Part of a winner take all democracy is voting strategically.
+

But yet I always hear this forum complain about guys like Kyrie getting voted in unfairly. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#91 » by team edward » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:19 am

CptLouHefner wrote:
team edward wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:

+

But yet I always hear this forum complain about guys like Kyrie getting voted in unfairly. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Theres no fair about it. It is a popularity contest, plain and simple.
bluerap23
Head Coach

Post#92 » by bluerap23 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:16 am

CptLouHefner wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:

I'm also a fan of Chuck Hayes, should I vote him in as well?

But Lou has actually played well enough to deserve some votes.
CptLouHefner
Banned User

Post#93 » by CptLouHefner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:23 am

If we're talking 6th man of the year, sure. All-star consideration? You must be joking.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#94 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:36 am

CptLouHefner wrote:
Snowcrash wrote:

How does Wade deserve the start over Jimmy Butler? Team performance and individual performance gives strong nod to Butler over him. I think he has been the best guard in the East so far.
CptLouHefner
Banned User

Post#95 » by CptLouHefner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:21 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:

How does Wade deserve the start over Jimmy Butler? Team performance and individual performance gives strong nod to Butler over him. I think he has been the best guard in the East so far.[/quote]

So battling adversity and bouncing back after everyone pretty much said you've become an injured riddled wash up doesn't count for anything? Wade has come back tremendously strong after Bron bolted. Butler has a much better team around him, so obviously his team is going to have more wins. The Bulls still haven't impressed me much, as Miami is only 5 games behind them.

The individual performance part is what confuses me. Wade plays 7 less mins per game and is averaging more pts and is shooting a better percentage. He's also shooting over 40% from 3; when can we honestly say that Wade has shot that well??? He's playing out of this world right now. Give the man some credit.
Rainsong
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#96 » by Rainsong » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:23 am

Speaking of the All Star Game, how does the league decide who gets to participate in the competitions the night before?

It'd be cool if Patman's name could be thrown into the hat for the 3Pt contest...

And toss in JJ for the dunk contest...

Sent from my A0001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#97 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:45 am

CptLouHefner wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:

How does Wade deserve the start over Jimmy Butler? Team performance and individual performance gives strong nod to Butler over him. I think he has been the best guard in the East so far.

So battling adversity and bouncing back after everyone pretty much said you've become an injured riddled wash up doesn't count for anything? Wade has come back tremendously strong after Bron bolted. Butler has a much better team around him, so obviously his team is going to have more wins. The Bulls still haven't impressed me much, as Miami is only 5 games behind them.

The individual performance part is what confuses me. Wade plays 7 less mins per game and is averaging more pts and is shooting a better percentage. He's also shooting over 40% from 3; when can we honestly say that Wade has shot that well??? He's playing out of this world right now. Give the man some credit.[/quote]

Really you want to say the Bulls haven't impressed you and are only 5 games ahead of Miami? Toronto is only ahead of the Bulls by two games despite our erratic play and assortment of injuries. They destroyed Toronto in your house and also have wins against Clippers, Trailblazers and Grizzlies. We can revisit your thoughts on the Bulls after Monday night... :)

Washington will be after that so things should be much clearer.

PS Butler destroyed Wade just like Derozan head to head.
Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Post#98 » by Rejected » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:52 am

I find it hard to pick 3 starting forwards in the east. The East front courts are just terrible. You really see why the west is the better conference when making all-star selections.
CptLouHefner
Banned User

Post#99 » by CptLouHefner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:33 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Really you want to say the Bulls haven't impressed you and are only 5 games ahead of Miami? Toronto is only ahead of the Bulls by two games despite our erratic play and assortment of injuries. They destroyed Toronto in your house and also have wins against Clippers, Trailblazers and Grizzlies. We can revisit your thoughts on the Bulls after Monday night... :)

Washington will be after that so things should be much clearer.

PS Butler destroyed Wade just like Derozan head to head.

So, the whole point of that idiotic post was to find a way to troll the Raptors? I was comparing two players not playing for my team, yet you find a way to go on some incoherent tangent about the Raptors.

We're only ahead by two games? I take it math isn't your strong suit. Look at the standings again, genius.

You beat us by 7, that's considered "destroying?" We were "destroying" you before having a bad 3rd quarter. You also mentioned injuries as being the reason for your not-so-impressive record; are you forgetting who we've been missing for the last 3 weeks because of an injury? We have wins against the Grizz, Suns, Wizards, Hawks(x2), Cavs, and Kings(before they went on a losing streak); so whoopty-doo, would you like a cookie?

Get back under your bridge, troll.
CptLouHefner
Banned User

Post#100 » by CptLouHefner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:38 am

Rejected wrote:I find it hard to pick 3 starting forwards in the east. The East front courts are just terrible. You really see why the west is the better conference when making all-star selections.

You think Vucevic, Lebron, Bosh and Gasol are terrible?

Return to Toronto Raptors