ImageImageImageImageImage

2014-15 Trade/Signing Idea Thread V3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Re: 2014-15 Trade/Signing Idea Thread V3.0 

Post#321 » by RonaldArtest » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:47 pm

TyCobb wrote:Nah, need some picks attached. And no GV either.

You think Lin and Easy Ed will get you picks? Maybe a second or two, but a first rounder? Doubt it.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#322 » by sweetcity » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Lin was a DNP CD last night, Lakers arent getting picks for him
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#323 » by sweetcity » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Toronto In - David West + Isiah Cannon
Houston In - Terrence Ross
Indiana In - Clint Capela + Landry Fields + Chuck Hayes

Toronto In - Jared Dudley
Milwaukee In - Grevais Vasquez

Lowry - Cannon
DeRozan - Williams
Dudley - Johnson
West - Paterson
JV - Johnson

I like the vets and toughness on this team. I dont think we can win the east without JV improving or a new free agent added regardless
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#324 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Nah, need some picks attached. And no GV either.

You think Lin and Easy Ed will get you picks? Maybe a second or two, but a first rounder? Doubt it.

The Lakers don't have anyone that could command a 1st round pick in return. Maybe Randle, but he's out for the year.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Loyal Laker Guy
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#325 » by Loyal Laker Guy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Jordan Hill could fetch a 1st rounder
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#326 » by Geddy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 pm

As much as I dislike Vasquez's play I would rather have him on the team over Lin.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#327 » by nitrous » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:01 am

Geddy wrote:As much as I dislike Vasquez's play I would rather have him on the team over Lin.

Biggest reason I would like to see Vasquez traded is then we can hopefully overcome this SF deficiency that requires a bench caliber PG to play our SF role.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,442

Post#328 » by KrazyP » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:20 am

Wilson Chandler
Arron Afflalo

for

Lou Williams
James Johnson
Landry Fields
2015 1st round pick

I dont really know where the Nuggets head is at in terms of whether they want to rebuild with cap space and youth or if they simply want to continue re-tooling to see if they can hit gold. Depending on what direction they want to go the above trade may or may not make sense. That said, the trade above lets them clear out cap space while still having decent players on the roster (Lou and Johnson could actually flourish in the system the Nuggets run) and they add a 1st rounder in the process.

For the Raps, Ross still has upside so he should be kept around but for a team thats gunning to make noise in the playoffs, he's too volatile to depend on as your starting SF. Chandler/Afflalo are both tough defenders that can hit the 3....Derozan/Ross/Afflalo/Chandler would give the Raps a nice balanced SF/SG rotation...something they dont have right now.

It should be noted that from an advanced stats perspective, Lou Williams and James Johnson blow Chandler and Afflalo out of the water but sometimes its more about fit than stats.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,093

Post#329 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:21 pm

KrazyP wrote:
It should be noted that from an advanced stats perspective, Lou Williams and James Johnson blow Chandler and Afflalo out of the water but sometimes its more about fit than stats.

They both can hit the 3 at a .340 to .350 clip, and have a reputation for being able to play defence. Sign me up!

I've often wondered if a massive Nuggets-Raptors deal is awaiting the return of McGee, to see if he still has his athleticism and some maturity. Masai was obviously in love with the "kid" (who's now 27 years old) at one point. His contract term is KD friendly.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#330 » by sweetcity » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:44 pm

KrazyP wrote:Wilson Chandler
Arron Afflalo

for

Lou Williams
James Johnson
Landry Fields
2015 1st round pick

I dont really know where the Nuggets head is at in terms of whether they want to rebuild with cap space and youth or if they simply want to continue re-tooling to see if they can hit gold. Depending on what direction they want to go the above trade may or may not make sense. That said, the trade above lets them clear out cap space while still having decent players on the roster (Lou and Johnson could actually flourish in the system the Nuggets run) and they add a 1st rounder in the process.

For the Raps, Ross still has upside so he should be kept around but for a team thats gunning to make noise in the playoffs, he's too volatile to depend on as your starting SF. Chandler/Afflalo are both tough defenders that can hit the 3....Derozan/Ross/Afflalo/Chandler would give the Raps a nice balanced SF/SG rotation...something they dont have right now.

There is no chance I include a first in that package the way Masai drafts - remember the late round picks of Fournier, Faried, Bruno, Miller etc
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#331 » by sweetcity » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Toronto In - Donatas Montejunas, Jason Terry, Corey Brewer
Houstin In - Lou Williams, Terrance Ross. Tyler Hansbrough

Raps

Lowry - Vasquez
DeRozan - Terry
Brewer - Johnson
Johnson - Paterson
Val - Montejunas
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#332 » by StopitLeo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:05 pm

sweetcity wrote:Toronto In - Donatas Montejunas, Jason Terry, Corey Brewer
Houstin In - Lou Williams, Terrance Ross. Tyler Hansbrough

Raps

Lowry - Vasquez
DeRozan - Terry
Brewer - Johnson
Johnson - Paterson
Val - Montejunas

Interesting, I would definitely do it. Not sure Houston gets much of a return though. Terry/Brewer combo is better than Williams/Ross (since Ross basically has no added value IMO). And I don't think they would consider moving Dontas just because they picked up Josh Smith. The only improvement they get is Hansbrough, who would be a nice big in their rotation.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#333 » by HangTime » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 pm

We need to bring in 5 shot blocking bigs and see if we can find a diamond in the rough.

We should check out the international bigs, whose contracts end in March (I think).
Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#334 » by Tim Horton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Steve Nash+ Lin's expirings for Fields,Hayes,Hansbrough expirings
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,442

Post#335 » by KrazyP » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:38 pm

sweetcity wrote:
Arron Afflalo

for

Lou Williams
James Johnson
Landry Fields
2015 1st round pick

There is no chance I include a first in that package the way Masai drafts - remember the late round picks of Fournier, Faried, Bruno, Miller etc

1. The draft is always a total crapshoot after 20 regardless of who your GM is.

2. Between Bebe, Bruno, 2015 pick, 2016 pick and the 2016 NY/Den pick, the Raps will not have the room/minutes to develop that many young guys all at once. Some of the picks will be traded in a package to improve the team.

3. I wouldnt call a guy like Quincy Miller a great draft pick considering the Nuggets actually dumped him after 2 years and he couldnt even land on an NBA roster this year until a week ago when the Kings decided to give him a 10-day. Even a guy like Fournier isnt something I'd write home about...good player but his upside is career journeyman SG. Faried is great, Bruno is high upside with huge bust potential.

4. You can often trade for draft picks at the end of the draft.....last year, in what was to suppose to be the "deepest draft ever", you had teams like the Griz willing to give their pick away for free just to shed salary.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#336 » by sweetcity » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:56 pm

KrazyP wrote:
sweetcity wrote:
Arron Afflalo

for

Lou Williams
James Johnson
Landry Fields
2015 1st round pick

1. The draft is always a total crapshoot after 20 regardless of who your GM is.

2. Between Bebe, Bruno, 2015 pick, 2016 pick and the 2016 NY/Den pick, the Raps will not have the room/minutes to develop that many young guys all at once. Some of the picks will be traded in a package to improve the team.

3. I wouldnt call a guy like Quincy Miller a great draft pick considering the Nuggets actually dumped him after 2 years and he couldnt even land on an NBA roster this year until a week ago when the Kings decided to give him a 10-day. Even a guy like Fournier isnt something I'd write home about...good player but his upside is career journeyman SG. Faried is great, Bruno is high upside with huge bust potential.

4. You can often trade for draft picks at the end of the draft.....last year, in what was to suppose to be the "deepest draft ever", you had teams like the Griz willing to give their pick away for free just to shed salary.

I see what your saying, but dont forget, Masai is a scout first, its got to be hard for him to give up picks regardless
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#337 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:34 pm

While I understand the resistance to the idea that Masai would move a pick;
We already have Bebe and Bruno eating up spots 14 and 15 on the roster, I just can't see us adding another rookie to the roster when the two guys already on the roster seem pretty far from contributing.

I would not be surprised to see Masai convert an expiring (or expirings) along with the 2015 1st to upgrade the roster.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#338 » by sweetcity » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:43 pm

What about

Toronto In - David West - Ian Mahinmi - CJ Watson
Indiana In - Raptors 2015 1st - Grevais Vasquez - Landry Fields - Chuck Hayes

Raps

Lowry - Watson - Williams
DeRozan - Williams
Ross - Johnson - Coboclo
West - Paterson - JJ
JV - Johnson - Mahinmi
AlwaysFresh
Sixth Man
And1: 1,693

Post#339 » by AlwaysFresh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:25 pm

I kinda want to keep Grievis and Chuck. Trashquez can go off some nights and get us the W. And Chuck seems like a strong veteran leader that this team needs to have.
#FireCasey
#Idgt
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#340 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 pm

For my 0.02;
Chandler and West seem like the most logical targets.

I think Fields, Hayes, and Stiemsma outbound along with a 1st are far more likely pieces to move that Hansbrough, Williams or Vasquez; And if we find ourselves with an open roster spot after any deal I can't see Masai not signing Jordan Hamilton.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!

Return to Toronto Raptors