ImageImageImageImageImage

LOWRY'S STARTING!!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Torontos_raptor
Junior
And1: 104

Re: LOWRY'S STARTING!!! 

Post#341 » by Torontos_raptor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:19 pm

gcsw wrote:
MEDIC wrote:
vascular wrote:
I was thinking of that. He must be thinking 'How come they don't do me like that :roll: ' lol

OH well, he can freakin enjoy his ESPN, warm weather and millions of dollars lol

If Bosh had half the cajones Lowry has, Canada would have gotten him in as a starter. Canadians love tough athletes.

Lowry just plays hard & physical ever game & doesn't ask for attention. Exactly what Canadians love.

Bosh has blamed "playing in Toronto" for so many of his misfortunes.

The Lowry situation proves the complete opposite can be true if you are the right guy.

Lowry is an all star starter BECAUSE he plays in Canada. He benefited......he didn't suffer any misfortune like some ex players would like people to believe.

No. There was no twitter voting back then. It's Twitter votes along with the whole wethenorth movement that got Kyle voted in. It's a lot easier to retweet something than to pick 5 players on NBA site. It was mainly basketball fans who were voting back then. With twitter, there are a lot of non basketball fans voting, because it's so easy to do and Canadians will do it for pride. Past years, I only voted once. This time, I voted multiple times because it takes less than a second to do so and you can do it everyday.

Not to the same degree as Kyle. Bosh didn't have the same background story. True underdog story, 9 years in the league, 1 month of out of mind basketball - with the teams 1b (Demar) sidelined, complete physicality in a nation that loves hockey. Kyle is really the perfect mix. This is what got everyone outside just the Toronto market to vote. Bosh would've secured local votes and maybe some basketball loving pockets around the country, but not to the same reach as Kyle. I wrote pretty much the exact same thing in my ranting blog post right after his selection: http://sportsranthouse.blogspot.ca/
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#342 » by Young_Buc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:07 pm

MEDIC wrote:
vascular wrote:
Mack11 wrote:Lol Bosh is prob lowkey hurt the fans never put in the votes for him when was here. Enjoy that reserve role in your big market city, chris lol

I was thinking of that. He must be thinking 'How come they don't do me like that :roll: ' lol

OH well, he can freakin enjoy his ESPN, warm weather and millions of dollars lol

If Bosh had half the cajones Lowry has, Canada would have gotten him in as a starter. Canadians love tough athletes.

Lowry just plays hard & physical ever game & doesn't ask for attention. Exactly what Canadians love.

Bosh has blamed "playing in Toronto" for so many of his misfortunes.

The Lowry situation proves the complete opposite can be true if you are the right guy.

Lowry is an all star starter BECAUSE he plays in Canada. He benefited......he didn't suffer any misfortune like some ex players would like people to believe.

Pretty much this. Lowry isn't starting in the all star game in ANY other market outside of maybe NY (Carmelo for no reason) or LA (Kobe the same)
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#343 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:09 am

watch now Drake's gonna be at the ASG putting his chains on Kyle and sayin we started from the bottom n shi

Return to Toronto Raptors