ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Danchan praises derozan

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: PG Danchan praises derozan 

Post#301 » by Kabookalu » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm

None of the big 3 of player highlights (Dawk Ins, GD Highlights Extra, Down To Buck) have any highlights of last night for Jonas or DeRozan.

Stupid refs undermining the Raptors again.
Read on Twitter
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#302 » by lolwut » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Gntts wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:JV vs the Pistons last night 9/16 56.3 DFG%. Thats +7.0 over their avgs.
AJ vs the Pistons last night 4/10 40 DFG%. Thats -8.2 under their avgs.
PP vs the Pistons last night 5/10 50 DFG%. Thats +6.4 over their avgs.

So while people claim he was abusing the bigs and he was, he was giving it up on the other end too. Not only was he was not good FG%, he was getting put in more situations as evidence with the volume.

To further DGs earlier point.

The Starters (with TR) with PP have a +6.2 NetRTG.
The Starters (with TR) with JV have a +2.7 NetRTG.

Guys all this is common knowledge. It was like this last year too, the PP/AJ combo is better than any of the 2 with JV, Rapcity must have posted that 100s of times last year.

DG, its a lost cause, no one cares about the team, its JVGM not RGM. Now ive gotta go respond to guess what, more JV notifications.

The difference between JVs DFG% vs the Pistons of +7.0 over their avgs is a single shot: the average would be 8/16, it was 9/16.
In the case of PP, the difference was only 0.64 shot.
One shot can easily go either way irrespective of your defense.

Yup, no point comparing stats from a single game to a team's season average. For all this talk about stats, I'm surprised VVV forgot about the issue of small sample size. Percentages go out the window when one tick in any statistical category can result in a 10% swing either direction.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
OlFlashy
Rookie
And1: 363

Post#303 » by OlFlashy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 pm

:wink:
Death Knight wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
OlFlashy wrote:
I can't believe people complained about JV not being on the floor at the end. Pistons fans could complain the same about why Drummond was glued to the bench as well. Do fans here honestly think they know better than Casey or Stan Van Gundy? That's rhetorical, bc we already know the answer :)

Drummonds a bad defensive player and can't hit his free throws. Svg also knows by taking away Drummond Casey would sit jv also. Svg actually knows what he's doing.

I can see this, as the secret is out that Casey lets opposing teams dictate how the game is played, thus whatever SVG puts out there, Casey is going to follow suit. JV was killing them, so SVG did what he needed to do to take JV out of the game, which is to sit Drummond.

Everytime JV gets off to a fast start, I already know it's going to slow down trastically come second half. His career high being 31 is pathetic.

I think you fail to give Casey the credit he deserves. In the era of the three ball, classical lumbering big men like JV are more and more useless. If the 3pt shot is always better as per the analytics folks, then you can ALWAYS create that situation by going "small" (bc big lumbering centers can't cover the perimeter). But you can't create an equally advantageous mismatch by going "big," bc now you've traded your 3s for 2s -- a sure way to lose the game. And if you happen to think that isn't true bc now the big has a bigger scoring advantage inside, recognize that even a small player can guard the rim ("small players" can be 6"8+ nowadays, as long as they can stretch or hit the 3 --eg, PPat).

Thus once a coach goes small, the other coach would be foolish not to match. That is why you never see coaches try to buck the trend by going "big" like you are asking Casey to do. Falsely framing it like opposing coaches always dictate Casey's subs and not the other way around doesn't help either -- you are making this claim without basis.

The truth is, there are situations and minutes for big lumbering players to be in the game, but when other teams go "small," there is no place for a player like JV to be on the floor.
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#304 » by vado » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
DG88 wrote:
vado wrote:
That 29-15 record was built when the team was hot at the start of the season. I don't think anybody can be happy with how this team has been playing in January.

I guess Drummond/Monroe dropped all those points on Jonas and nobody else. I suppose Monroe's 8 offensive rebounds had nothing to do with the fact that Amir Johnson had 2 rebounds the entire game. How can you justify sitting our player with the most rebounds and blocks in the game in the 4th?

So you have nothing to complain about until we go through a tough stretch? Did you not think that the team would go through struggles during the season?

It's already been shown statistically that the Amir/Patterson frontcourt is better defensively, which is why they're in at crunch time

To further DGs point, I only referenced Net not DRTG. Heres team DRTG while on the court.

JV/AJ 106.7
JV/PP 108.1
AJ/PP 100.1

This isn't baseball and Dwane Casey isn't Billy **** Beane. At some point the stats don't show the whole story for a developing young 22 year old center. If he's having that good of a game and the team is struggling midway through the 4th throw him in.

Return to Toronto Raptors