ImageImageImageImageImage

Some Of you need to look in the mirror

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dsquared
Junior
And1: 624

Re: Some Of you need to look in the mirror 

Post#121 » by dsquared » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:37 am

Someone needs to watch Whiplash (seriously though, watch it great movie)... the 2 most dangerous words in the English language are 'good job'.

No one is holding this team to the standard of debacles we've watched over the past decade, that's just silly. I want this team to be great, I want this team to have the chemistry of a San Antonio who can sit 3 starters and still beat the best team in the league. We complain because we know this team can do more, we react sometimes with anger and disappointment because the product out there on the court is just 'ok', it's not great, and while we have people like you and the army of apologists here saying 'that's ok they tried, get em next time' this team WILL NEVER BE GREAT.
raptors2019
Analyst
And1: 5,871

Post#122 » by raptors2019 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 am

Casey needs to watch whiplash. super great movie BTW.
bananaman
Starter
And1: 627

Post#123 » by bananaman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:01 am

Expectations rise once you achieve a certain level of success. Obviously the guys calling for us to blow the team up and tank are man-children, but there's nothing wrong with measured criticism. People are much more likely to make a post when they're frustrated or pissed off with the team, rather than just making a positive post about how great this season has been.
raptorfanatic88
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#124 » by raptorfanatic88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 am

dsquared wrote:Someone needs to watch Whiplash (seriously though, watch it great movie)... the 2 most dangerous words in the English language are 'good job'.

No one is holding this team to the standard of debacles we've watched over the past decade, that's just silly. I want this team to be great, I want this team to have the chemistry of a San Antonio who can sit 3 starters and still beat the best team in the league. We complain because we know this team can do more, we react sometimes with anger and disappointment because the product out there on the court is just 'ok', it's not great, and while we have people like you and the army of apologists here saying 'that's ok they tried, get em next time' this team WILL NEVER BE GREAT.

I agree with you that we should not be complacent with the team. I think this team has a potential to be greater than what it is now if the young guns mature, and key guys start trusting their teammates more. With this expectation, being angry after pathetic letdowns is only natural. I for one, have to restrain myself from throwing remote at times. However, angry as I may be, I would never want to tear the team apart, fire Casey, trade Demar, etc as some of the members have been suggesting. The apologists, including myself I suppose, you have mentioned were mostly those who voiced against these drastic measures.
You can't build a team like San Antonio in quick fixes, aside drafting a HOF like Duncan. It requires patience, tolerance, and continuity. By no means I am saying we should not criticize the team heavily. We should point out Lowry/Demar chucking brick after brick, questionable rotation from Casey. However, the ultimate goal should be to seek improvement, not implosion of the team.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#125 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:47 am

barrist wrote:Yeah no.. this is the same BS people say when people who criticize the country or its government for some policy and they get told to "love it or leave it" or they're not "real Canadians". You can love your country or your team and still have things you're not happy about..

These type of "we're winning so shut up" threads are more annoying than the knee jerk reactions you're crying about. Not to mention the title of this thread is condescending as ****.

We're not "blessed" for anything, it's a basketball team.. if the opinions on this board are that offensive to you that's on you, it's just a game, a game most fans like to discuss, complain about, etc etc.

If we're a contender like you say we are this season, then the team should be judged at a higher standard shouldn't it? not compared to the standards of the garbage seasons we had before...

^This. Wish i could and1 this x1000
Thank you Clutch0z24
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#126 » by raptorstime » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:29 am

Lock this thread up
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#127 » by bballsparkin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:34 am

team edward wrote:You must be in advertising or politics if you think you can spin the RealGM hatred spewed after every loss as "cautious optimism".

Nah, I've been reading realgm since 2006 and it seems about what it has always been like on here. Personally I read some posts and skip others. Only difference is now the team is winning. I would say concerns with the Raptors ability to sustain winning ball in the playoffs is valid. And winning in the playoffs is the real test. Overall I'm happy with the teams play and hope that they can provide a good battle in round two at minimum. Any more than that is gravy. I think some people are letting the record effect their expectations. I agree with your original sentiment that the Raptors are in a good position. No bad contracts. Young players with promise. Chemistry and a weak east to capitalize on. There are cons too though. Guards who neglect bigs and take bad shots far too often. Overall lack of ball movement. Questionable defense at times. GV needs to raise his game. The Raps need a strong second PG. That's all I got for now...

edit: and I'd say the 2001 team is the best team until another Raptors team betters there playoffs performance. which ideally would be this year.
ThomasMRiddle
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#128 » by ThomasMRiddle » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 pm

raptorstime wrote:Lock this thread up

Please.

Its the only way to stop the trolls from endlessly bumping.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#129 » by Danchan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:13 pm

dsquared wrote:Someone needs to watch Whiplash (seriously though, watch it great movie)... the 2 most dangerous words in the English language are 'good job'.

Raptors is 2nd in the east. The team you want to watch is the new Orleans pelicans :lol:
ThemCrookedRefs
Head Coach
And1: 11,190

Post#130 » by ThemCrookedRefs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:54 pm

I posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here...

Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#131 » by Throwback24 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:14 am

We are blessed to be winning, but there's nothing wrong with being critical of a team that's free falling. We all want the same thing, and that is playoff success.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,946

Post#132 » by refshateRaps » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 am

Throwback24 wrote:We are blessed to be winning, but there's nothing wrong with being critical of a team that's free falling. We all want the same thing, and that is playoff success.

What do you mean? Everything is great. Did you not look in the mirror yet?
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Some Of you need to look in the mirror 

Post#133 » by Korr » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:29 am

ThomasMRiddle wrote:
raptorstime wrote:Lock this thread up

Please.

Its the only way to stop the trolls from endlessly bumping.

Look in the mirror

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
joseph227
Senior
And1: 1,588

Post#134 » by joseph227 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:40 am

Did OP kill himself?
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#135 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 am

ThemCrookedRefs wrote:I posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here...

37 year old kobe with no knee cap, blown achillies and a torn rotator cuff put up a triple double against lebron james with a bunch of scrubs. At kobe's worst demar cant hold a candle to him.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#136 » by Danchan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 am

joseph227 wrote:Did OP kill himself?

Why? We are BLESSED!
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#137 » by J-Roc » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:58 am

Or look at the boxscore.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#138 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:58 am

So blessed....
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
firekil
Rookie
And1: 1,209

Post#139 » by firekil » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 am

Is this one of those fun house mirrors? Because I'm not having fun anymore.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,786

Post#140 » by Lord_Zedd » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:08 am

I think we all need to look at the 5.3% FG performance

Return to Toronto Raptors