ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolstat: JV was too tired to finish game

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,794

Re: Wolstat: JV was too tired to finish game 

Post#41 » by Duffman100 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:38 pm

I thought last night was a good chance to Steamy some minutes. Size, shot blocking, might have made it a bit harder on AA.
mcgrady_1
Veteran
And1: 3,159

Post#42 » by mcgrady_1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:40 pm

JV bummed a smoke off me the other day. Maybe he just needs to quit smoking.
Financials
Sixth Man
And1: 1,859

Post#43 » by Financials » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Wizdome wrote:
Clementine9 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:When he subbed out in fourth, he was huffing and puffing like me after playing 5 minutes of Y ball.

The Y has some of the toughest competition in the world. You get guys out there who are 5'8, 140lbs, 43 years old, just killing it with old man strength and crafty veteran moves. They'll just beat you down and embarrass you. Have to work hard.

The Y ain't no joke. Thing about it though is you never know who's gonna go off on you, unless that one guy who's 6 ft come play and just destroys everyone.

I cant wait til im 30+, destroying kids and-1 dreams seems so glorious. The old man white shooter that just rains buckets on everyone is a legend at every Y location. There is always one.
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#44 » by Clementine9 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Financials wrote:
Wizdome wrote:
Clementine9 wrote:
The Y has some of the toughest competition in the world. You get guys out there who are 5'8, 140lbs, 43 years old, just killing it with old man strength and crafty veteran moves. They'll just beat you down and embarrass you. Have to work hard.

The Y ain't no joke. Thing about it though is you never know who's gonna go off on you, unless that one guy who's 6 ft come play and just destroys everyone.

I cant wait til im 30+, destroying kids and-1 dreams seems so glorious. The old man white shooter that just rains buckets on everyone is a legend at every Y location. There is always one.

Those shooters are usually slightly overweight too. Make sure you work hard to fit the part!
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#45 » by redeye514 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
HeartBreaking wrote:Ive been saying hes too out of shape to have huge minutes but was just ignored. The dude huffs and puffs down the court on the regular

You can't be serious. He played 18 minutes straight. He's 7 feet tall and weighs 250lbs. It's harder to play 18 straight minutes than two 9 minute intervals with a 5 minute rest.

I mentioned this in the PG thread.

18 straight f-ing minutes for JV!!!! Casey went into the second half basically saying 'no matter how well you play, I know I wont play you late 4th, so hear, go run around for 18 min"...
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#46 » by omar36 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:04 pm

i still think this is progress. hes getting more mins recently so im happy. now casey needs to manage more and we gunna get rolling
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#47 » by pkiskool » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:20 pm

Financials wrote:
Wizdome wrote:
Clementine9 wrote:

Turned 30 last year and I have to say, ball is getting more and more fun with the understanding and maturity for the game.
I am half of what I was physically when I was 20, but just so much more wiser understanding the game and know how to be "good" when playing at the Y or pickup game with the coworkers etc.
So many ways to impact the game even if you aren't raining threes... that's what makes basketball fun.
Financials
Sixth Man
And1: 1,859

Post#48 » by Financials » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Clementine9 wrote:
Financials wrote:
Wizdome wrote:

Those shooters are usually slightly overweight too. Make sure you work hard to fit the part!

Oh I think I will be okay! I already have my headband / matching wristband combo to keep the sweat off my shooting hands and out the eyes.

Next up, finding a solid pair of And-1's to keep on ice for my 30th bday.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#49 » by blastttOFF » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 pm

then rest him in the beginning of the fourth quarter, not the end. :crazy:
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#50 » by visionquest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Props to Wolstat for stating his observations plainly without fear of reprisal from team or players.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#51 » by Clutch Carter » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 pm

2.4 miles isn't that much TBH. After a couple of minutes on the bench and a tv timeout I can't see how he'd was too tired to come back to play 4-5 minutes.

It's just more of the usual, every time he has a great game and sits to finish, there is always some random excuse.

Even if that was the case, maybe you shouldn't have played your most impactfull player last night 18 straight minutes without a break if you wanted him to finish... but you really didn't so don't try to play that game Casey.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#52 » by omar36 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:2.4 miles isn't that much TBH. After a couple of minutes on the bench and a tv timeout I can't see how he'd was too tired to come back to play 4-5 minutes.

It's just more of the usual, every time he has a great game and sits to finish, there is always some random excuse.

Even if that was the case, maybe you shouldn't have played your most impactfull player last night 18 straight minutes without a break if you wanted him to finish... but you really didn't so don't try to play that game Casey.

u arent accounting for battling other bigs, that tires most people out really fast.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#53 » by Clutch Carter » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm

omar36 wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:2.4 miles isn't that much TBH. After a couple of minutes on the bench and a tv timeout I can't see how he'd was too tired to come back to play 4-5 minutes.

u arent accounting for battling other bigs, that tires most people out really fast.

I'm not saying he wasn't exhausted when he left, he clearly was, but 2.4 miles isn't really that much distance when you consider even fat middle aged soccer moms can run 3 miles every other day in 30 minutes.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#54 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

I been saying that's why he hasn't got the 4th Q mins, his conditioning isn't very good
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Swag
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Post#55 » by Swag » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:12 pm

JV's agent should do his client a favor and demand a trade, his hard work for positioning on the offensive end goes for nothing. I could feel his frustration in my living room. These scrubs look him off like their superstars
Swag
RealGM

Post#56 » by Swag » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:17 pm

In Casey's eyes both Chandler and Dirk are big Small Forwards which is his reasoning for playing small with Amir and Patterson (if he can play tonight).
dsquared
Junior
And1: 624

Re: 

Post#57 » by dsquared » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Swag wrote:JV's agent should do his client a favor and demand a trade, his hard work for positioning on the offensive end goes for nothing. I could feel his frustration in my living room. These scrubs look him off like their superstars

It won't change while Casey is still here.

Think about this, if you picked up on this from being a casual fan, how many times do you think our coaching staff has seen Demar&Co completely ignore JV and done nothing about it? Hell, Casey probably encourages them to do it. It's sure as hell never been the game-plan to actually feed Val.
JJ From Deep
Sixth Man
And1: 2,090

Post#58 » by JJ From Deep » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:32 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:Ive been saying hes too out of shape to have huge minutes but was just ignored. The dude huffs and puffs down the court on the regular

He's not out of his shape. Its just that at his size, its taxing on the body, especially when he makes a bunch of energy plays like he did last night. More weight, more impact on the muscles/bones = lungs doing more work.
Swag
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#59 » by Swag » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:03 pm

dsquared wrote:
Swag wrote:JV's agent should do his client a favor and demand a trade, his hard work for positioning on the offensive end goes for nothing. I could feel his frustration in my living room. These scrubs look him off like their superstars

It won't change while Casey is still here.

Think about this, if you picked up on this from being a casual fan, how many times do you think our coaching staff has seen Demar&Co completely ignore JV and done nothing about it? Hell, Casey probably encourages them to do it. It's sure as hell never been the game-plan to actually feed Val.

Casey has publicly stated multiple times that JV isn't ready, isn't a finished product, still very young and requires time - all of these points are directly taken to heart by his team when they continue to look him off and treat him likes he's Perkins, with no ability to score around the basket. If Casey demanded his team look for JV, it would benefit not only JV but also these scrubs who like to chuck horrible shots.
Da1RealRapsFan
Banned User
And1: 1,522

Re: Re: Wolstat: JV was too tired to finish game 

Post#60 » by Da1RealRapsFan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Hero wrote:Part of it is his conditioning no doubt. I mean just recently Deandre played 43 mins and he looked fine. Dwight used to play heavy mins game in game out. Could Casey have managed his minutes better? Yes, but don't act like it's only his fault.

I love how JV Homers cry and whine when he doesn't play, then cry and whine that he plays too much. Bunch of **** children.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Toronto Raptors