ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry on his current play - "Im Trash" (DeMar says same)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Re: Lowry on his current play - "Im Trash" (DeMar says same) 

Post#61 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 am

At least they are self aware.
Credits to Jstock12
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#62 » by J-Roc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:51 am

Sorry I can't be impressed with "self aware". Let's see some action on the court. And heck, if they feel like they need to jack up shots because JJ clogs things, why don't they speak up to the coaching staff.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,165

Post#63 » by Anatomize » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:32 am

Queue the oscar the grouch pic with Lowry's head
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#64 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 am

#datcontractyear

Kidding, I got faith in Lowry, can't keep the Bulldog of Baystreet down.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#65 » by dballislife » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:46 am

both lowry and demar have been horrible...but especially lowry

the first half of the season lowry was a 24 PER player...since that portland game...lowry has been playing like a 15 PER player

my gawd that is a HUGE difference, wtf happened to our boy lowry?
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Gianni13
Junior
And1: 808

Post#66 » by Gianni13 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:48 am

Lowry = tired/sore
Derozan = Injury set him back

I have faith they will bounce back in playoffs. Both these boys have heart. If we lose, we are losing with a fight.
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Re: Lowry on his current play - "Im Trash" 

Post#67 » by asuran » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:56 am

artsncrafts wrote:He is not wrong.

Although he can help himself by looking to pass more and shoot only good shots. Same with Demar. These guys have talent they just constantly make poor decisions.

Athletes always believe that they can break out of their slump with the next move or shot they try to make. A lot of times it just doesn't turn out that way and that's when we, the observers say the athlete is making bad decisions.

Coaches need to be the ones to tell these athletes/players a slump means it is a chance to showcase the other parts of their game.
When a coach encourages or not put a stop to these shots it only enhances this slump for all to see.
Coaches are there as an observer that can make changes during the game to make sure his players play the game in the most efficient way on offense and defense.
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 888

Post#68 » by bonjovi0308 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 am

ATM Westbrook is very Lowry-ish, 4-18, 0-4 for threes currently against the Suns. But hey at least he still grabbed 6 rebounds and dishing out 8 assists and the game is not finished yet...

Talking about heroball and ego...how could both Lowry and DD have a bigger heroball mindset than Westbrook is beyond me.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,165

Post#69 » by Anatomize » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:32 am

bonjovi0308 wrote:ATM Westbrook is very Lowry-ish, 4-18, 0-4 for threes currently against the Suns. But hey at least he still grabbed 6 rebounds and dishing out 8 assists and the game is not finished yet...

Talking about heroball and ego...how could both Lowry and DD have a bigger heroball mindset than Westbrook is beyond me.

lol.. now is definitely not the time to criticize Westbrook..

oh they're just 9-1 in their last 10, while Westbrook is averaging near 29 ppg with Durant out of the lineup. Over 20 points and 10 assists in his last 4. Westbrook gets way too much hate around the league, dude is a straight up baller.
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 888

Post#70 » by bonjovi0308 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 am

Anatomize wrote:
bonjovi0308 wrote:ATM Westbrook is very Lowry-ish, 4-18, 0-4 for threes currently against the Suns. But hey at least he still grabbed 6 rebounds and dishing out 8 assists and the game is not finished yet...

lol.. now is definitely not the time to criticize Westbrook..

oh they're just 9-1 in their last 10, while Westbrook is averaging near 29 ppg with Durant out of the lineup. Over 20 points and 10 assists in his last 4. Westbrook gets way too much hate around the league, dude is a straight up baller.

My intention is not hating on Westbrook, but criticizing Lowry and DD. Westbrook is on the other level compared to our own two.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#71 » by gp2015 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:23 am

Gianni13 wrote:Lowry = tired/sore

I have faith they will bounce back in playoffs. Both these boys have heart. If we lose, we are losing with a fight.

Derozan was trash before the injury as well.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Re: Re: Lowry on his current play - "Im Trash" 

Post#72 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:I hear there's a Lowry hate brigade right now. I wonder how soon it will empty out once he returns to form?

Nobody is hating on Lowry, just constructively criticising since we know what he's capable of.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#73 » by pbj » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:21 pm

gp2015 wrote:
Gianni13 wrote:Lowry = tired/sore

Derozan was trash before the injury as well.

I'd say he was worse before.. the shooting was still crap, but at least he's setting guys up now, and he seems a little more active on defense since returning
RaptorsCity12
Sixth Man
And1: 2,899

Post#74 » by RaptorsCity12 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:37 pm

At least they're acknowledging that they're playing like trash right now. There's players that will play trash and keep chucking up shots to "shoot their way out of the slump".
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#75 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:42 pm

RaptorsCity12 wrote:At least they're acknowledging that they're playing like trash right now. There's players that will play trash and keep chucking up shots to "shoot their way out of the slump".

That is more or less what they've been doing, though, regardless of the contrite quotes.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
RaptorsCity12
Sixth Man
And1: 2,899

Post#76 » by RaptorsCity12 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:
RaptorsCity12 wrote:At least they're acknowledging that they're playing like trash right now. There's players that will play trash and keep chucking up shots to "shoot their way out of the slump".

That is more or less what they've been doing, though, regardless of the contrite quotes.

Also very true.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#77 » by dTox » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:

Yep, and the fact that Demar likes contested shots over open, doesn't really indicate he's learning from his experience.
TBZ for the win
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#78 » by Death Knight » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:38 am

nitrous wrote:Oh goodie, Casey reigning in: :lol:
Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun · 28m ago

Casey on Lowry: "He's being hard on himself. Nobody's playing good basketball, but I'm more concerned about defence."
0 replies 5 retweets 2 favorites

Keep chucking as long as you play defense. :roll:

Clearly that's not true. Good or bad defense, Demar and Kyle are allowed to chuck all the shots they desire.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#79 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:57 am

Death Knight wrote:
Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun · 28m ago

Casey on Lowry: "He's being hard on himself. Nobody's playing good basketball, but I'm more concerned about defence."
0 replies 5 retweets 2 favorites

Clearly that's not true. Good or bad defense, Demar and Kyle are allowed to chuck all the shots they desire.

Can we just agree that this is a marathon and not a sprint and if they hit the wall now and face a top ranked team in the West like GSW getting smoked is no surprise? Do we think because we aren't the equal of GSW that that mandates blowing things up? We're struggling probably because of wear and tear not the rotations or the offence.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#80 » by Death Knight » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Death Knight wrote:

Can we just agree that this is a marathon and not a sprint and if they hit the wall now and face a top ranked team in the West like GSW getting smoked is no surprise? Do we think because we aren't the equal of GSW that that mandates blowing things up? We're struggling probably because of wear and tear not the rotations or the offence.

After a long all star break when everyone, excluding Lowry, had a chance for a vacation? Even for Lowry he had his share of rest. The Raptors didn't play until Friday following the all star weekend.

Return to Toronto Raptors