ImageImageImageImageImage

Demar: "I hate taking wide open shots"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Re: Demar: "I hate taking wide open shots" 

Post#121 » by HeartBreaking » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:14 am

Danchan wrote:You'd think a player who played basketball for 10+ years with supreme work ethics would have accumulate enough experience to know better.

hes an idiot, he sucks. His lack of natural talent will always hinder him, and that includes his basketball IQ.
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#122 » by Danchan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:16 am

also, HIGH FIVE! death knight~

I always knew this day would come when we prove victorious.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,558

Post#123 » by dTox » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:27 am

He highhandedly ruined the Raptors for me, I just can't stand watching him hoist predictable shots after shots, gives me flashbacks of Mike James era, at least MJ was scoring much more effectively. I haven't found myself walking away from a Raps game in quite some time but this is back to back games for me
TBZ for the win
Crane08
Senior
And1: 249

Post#124 » by Crane08 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:21 am

Demar fanboys, he can slash to the basket at an ELITE LEVEL right? lmaoo (I'm calling you out Choker)
"...Butler is in that next tier. Fred and Pascal are getting close though" 8-)
Lazy
Starter
And1: 2,548

Post#125 » by Lazy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:16 pm

He wants to be like Kobe so bad :lol:
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#126 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Baiting
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#127 » by Chaos Engine » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Lazy wrote:He wants to be like Kobe so bad :lol:

Kobe at 37 might still be better than Demar. At least Kobe knows how to pass.
HeartBreaking
Starter

Post#128 » by HeartBreaking » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Chaos Engine wrote:
Lazy wrote:He wants to be like Kobe so bad :lol:

Kobe at 37 might still be better than Demar. At least Kobe knows how to pass.

might? put a healthy kobe on our roster and we are a better team. Better handles, and does what demar does and can shoot a 3, even tho his percentages dipped im confident he would shoot better on our team because of the threats around him.

Plus he has a no bull attitude
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
HeartBreaking
Starter

Post#129 » by HeartBreaking » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:01 pm

anyone who supports demar should look in the mirror, and check out there eyes. The eye test clearly shows someone with mediocre handles who takes bad shots. The fact that he became an allstar is mindblowing, and is an over achievement of extreme magnitude.
PaulieWal wrote:

That's Kevin Harlan.
joshgc
Veteran
And1: 5,457

Post#130 » by joshgc » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:16 pm

I'll reserve judgement till the playoffs.
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#131 » by mango2209 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Let's not the get carried away. Demar is on a good contract. There's no reason to trade him. While he's not a franchise player, he's a great player to have. Sign another all Star and we're set for a champion ship run
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Re: Re: Demar: "I hate taking wide open shots" 

Post#132 » by mango2209 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:35 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:anyone who supports demar should look in the mirror, and check out there eyes. The eye test clearly shows someone with mediocre handles who takes bad shots. The fact that he became an allstar is mindblowing, and is an over achievement of extreme magnitude.
he's a top five shooting guard in the league. Unless you have Klay or harden, you're not gonna get an upgrade from Demar. All we need is a better offensive assistant coach and another all Star Calibar player to share the scoring load.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#133 » by Snooch » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Wow, a top five shooting guard. Who cares about that

Also the only things that a person care argue makes demar a potential top five SG is negated with an upgrade elsewhere

Dear is best served on another team and this one restructured.
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Re: 

Post#134 » by load management » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:01 pm

mango2209 wrote:Let's not the get carried away. Demar is on a good contract. There's no reason to trade him. While he's not a franchise player, he's a great player to have. Sign another all Star and we're set for a champion ship run

Here are the players I would rather have at the 2 spot than Demar (no particular order):
James Harden
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Brandon Knight
Gordon Hayward
Kawhi Leonard
Monta Ellis
Kevin Martin (if healthy)
Kyle Korver
Danny Green
Kobe Bryant
Trevor Ariza
Wesley Matthews
Victor Oladipo
Dwyane Wade
Robert Covington
Tyreke Evans
Goran Dragic
Isaiah Thomas
Khris Middleton
Bradley Beal
Joe Johnson
Nicolas Batum
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Eric Gordon
Wilson Chandler

They are all playing better this year.
**** the Tony Brothers
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Re: 

Post#135 » by Chaos Engine » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:54 pm

mango2209 wrote:Let's not the get carried away. Demar is on a good contract. There's no reason to trade him. While he's not a franchise player, he's a great player to have. Sign another all Star and we're set for a champion ship run

His contract expires when the cap is set to go up like crazy and we'll be stuck paying him an insane amount if we want to keep him. Trade his ass before the rest of the league notices how mediocre he truly is.
joseph227
Senior
And1: 1,588

Post#136 » by joseph227 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:15 pm

mango2209 wrote:
HeartBreaking wrote:anyone who supports demar should look in the mirror, and check out there eyes. The eye test clearly shows someone with mediocre handles who takes bad shots. The fact that he became an allstar is mindblowing, and is an over achievement of extreme magnitude.
he's a top five shooting guard in the league. Unless you have Klay or harden, you're not gonna get an upgrade from Demar. All we need is a better offensive assistant coach and another all Star Calibar player to share the scoring load.

A top five shooting guard can have the worst shooting season in the last 15 years? LOL
chevycheck
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#137 » by chevycheck » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Demar speaks the truth.He essentially admitted to taking no shot reps over the summer. His obsession with dribble drills trumped getting in 1000 shot attempts a day. It's even more evident in his free throw percentage too. Wtf happened to the elbow jumper, clank and no bank. His corner 3 is his most reliable jimmy lol,
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#138 » by Kenyon009 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:04 pm

It's becoming more and more clear that DeRozan can't be a starter on a championship team. He takes contested mid range shots aka the worst shot available in basketball. He doesn't play good enough defense, pass well enough, or have any good intangibles. His PER and TS% suck along with his DRtg. I'd trade him for the highest lotto pick I could get in the draft this year if we could trade DeRozan and NY/DEN pick for a top 5 pick this year I'd be all over it. It give us a lot of cap room and we could sign another player like Dragic who would be miles better at SG than DD.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,151

Post#139 » by tsherkin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Again, I think people are reacting a little harshly to a season that is a) marred by injury and b) a wild outlier compared to basically all of his previous term with the Toronto. He isn't THIS bad normally, and we're going to have the pendulum swing the other way when his J returns.

Demar is what he is: a guy who will typically score at around league average efficiency if you ask him to shoulder a good chunk of the burden. He's got a very clear ceiling and we're not using him to best effect, most of which really isn't on him. He's been passing pretty well this year and his D has not been bad. He has utility as a decoy for Lowry, only now Lowry is having a slump which coincides with Demar's.

Naturally, fans are reactionary and Demar has been very, very bad this year, so it is somewhat understandable. A tad wearisome, of course, the more so because this isn't news that he's struggling in this role. Last year's RS had many forgetting the previous seasons where we were having much of the same discussion regarding his role and whether or not it was a sound plan to divert that much of the offensive burden onto his shoulders.

He isn't this bad, that's kind of a known quantity already.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#140 » by Danchan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 pm

joseph227 wrote:
mango2209 wrote:

A top five shooting guard can have the worst shooting season in the last 15 years? LOL

he's not top 5 shooting guard, off the top of my head: Harden, Klay, Wade, korver, Ellis, Beal, 37 yr old Kobe are all better. when you count the numerous hybrid guard/forward like Tyreke Evans and Gordon Hayward that can easily do DD's job, Derozan is not even close to being a top guard in the league at this point.

There are tons of guys that are currently performing better, then there are ones that are close and have potential to surpass him in the next season.

Return to Toronto Raptors