ImageImageImageImageImage

Demar: "I hate taking wide open shots"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Re: Demar: "I hate taking wide open shots" 

Post#41 » by TheGameWinner » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Sakic wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:lol even i hate taking wide open shots... its actually more pressure for me as well.

That's why you're scrubbing around at the local Y, and are not in the NBA.

That's alright, I might be scrubbing --- but i'd wreck you any day, any amount of $$. :lol:
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Re: Re: 

Post#42 » by RaptorNews » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:
Swag wrote:Wiggins. Wiggins. In hindsight, we should of tanked for Wiggins. He's already better than Derozan

I'd urge you to see our team record and theirs

Switch Derozan with Wiggins and both team records would be the within a couple of games of what they are now
GoSu
Rookie
And1: 1,760

Post#43 » by GoSu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Scrub.
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,321

Post#44 » by MainEvent » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:
Swag wrote:Wiggins. Wiggins. In hindsight, we should of tanked for Wiggins. He's already better than Derozan

Right.. because basketball is a game of one on one?
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#45 » by Courtside » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Raptors_Dynasty wrote:He's saying this because he can't get open shots, not because he doesn't like open ones. Defenders play him too tight when he's off ball as they all focus on him. With the ball, he isn't a James Harden where he can just create space with the ball in his hands. You only have to watch 5 min of Raptor ball to see this.

No. If you do watch closely, you'll see that even when Demar does have time or space, he will often dribble INTO defenders before shooting. This is because he knows he is a poor shooter and will try to draw a foul while in the act of shooting, since that is a higher % play than just shooting.

The only reason he gets the ball so much is because he draws fouls, otherwise he is one of the worst shooters or scorers (in the pure sense) on the team, and would probably have been developed as a bench or role player if a decent team had drafted him instead of Toronto. He is simply a product of being force fed a high volume of scoring opportunities.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,363

Post#46 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:17 pm

JG22 wrote:Why you lie? I listen to video he never say that. He say sometimes it easier for him to make contested shot over wide open shot.

What? Word for word:

"I'm different from a lot of people. I hate taking wide open shots sometimes because that's a harder shot for me than a contested shot."

He then went on to say that he doesn't think about the fact that there are two people contesting his shot, if he can get it up, then it's a good shot for him.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#47 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Hilarious, but it doesn't mean anything, just post practice talk.
Credits to Jstock12
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#48 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 pm

ramesses wrote:No matter how good of a team the Raptors have, fans here will want to tear it down.

It's the "trade and tank" crowd!!

I just want to get rid of Derozan. Can keep everyone else for all I care. I've had about enough of him. I thought he was poised to dominate this season but all of those off season training videos were just fools gold.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,363

Post#49 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:26 pm

By the way he is absolutely wrong in his assessment of himself. This season, on 2 pt FGs:

Closest Defender
0-2 feet - 43.5%
2-4 feet - 37.7%
4-6 feet - 44.1%
6+ feet - 57.7%

He thinks his worst shot, the one he has less success with, where 50% of his attempts come from (2-4 feet), is his best shot. No Demar, a good shot for you is at the rim (0-2 feet) or when you have space coming off screens and curls (4+ feet).
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#50 » by HeartBreaking » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:28 pm

derozan got doggystyled by aminu, and will get doggystyled by butler
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Post#51 » by TheGameWinner » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 pm

RaptorNews wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:

Switch Derozan with Wiggins and both team records would be the within a couple of games of what they are now

Yeah you know what, I do take that back ---- Minnys team was all injured, I forgot. They are significantly better now.

But I wouldn't go as far as saying Wiggins is better than DeMar RIGHT now. He will be. Already has a post game, fluid jumper, solid defender, and insane athlete.
Swag
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#52 » by Swag » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:38 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:

Yeah you know what, I do take that back ---- Minnys team was all injured, I forgot. They are significantly better now.

But I wouldn't go as far as saying Wiggins is better than DeMar RIGHT now. He will be. Already has a post game, fluid jumper, solid defender, and insane athlete.

Wiggins is better than Demar. Right now.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#53 » by Slo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 pm

GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#54 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:46 pm

JG22 wrote:Why you lie? I listen to video he never say that. He say sometimes it easier for him to make contested shot over wide open shot.

No he literally says he hates open shots and likes contested shots and feels like any shot he could get off is a good shot...it actually kind of seems like the way a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) person might approach the game of basketball.

Some guy earlier mentioned "is this written by the onion" it seems like the onion asked him to say the most ridiculous thing he could think of. No wonder he never passes to Jonas.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#55 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:Hilarious, but it doesn't mean anything, just post practice talk.

It definitely means something and reflects how he plays the game. He believes he's good at shooting contested shots, rather than passing or running a play he'd rather take a contested shot because he's good at basketball and can make the shot. Both his words and his deeds back this up. It means something. It doesn't mean nothing.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
ramesses
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#56 » by ramesses » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
ramesses wrote:No matter how good of a team the Raptors have, fans here will want to tear it down.

It's the "trade and tank" crowd!!

I just want to get rid of Derozan. Can keep everyone else for all I care. I've had about enough of him. I thought he was poised to dominate this season but all of those off season training videos were just fools gold.

He has become better and better each year. He will never be our superstar. His contract is reasonable. Should we re sign him....depends who is available at the time.

I trust Masai to do the right thing in the off season...for now we are stuck with him whether we like it or not.
Jonn
RealGM
And1: 19,076

Post#57 » by Jonn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 pm

I really hope we didn't miss the boat on trading him.
ramesses
Sophomore
And1: 54

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#58 » by ramesses » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Swag wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:

Wiggins is better than Demar. Right now.

Wiggins is a phenom. Derozan is not. Apples and Oranges.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#59 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Northface82 wrote:Meh... whatever.

Exactly. Not a big deal. They play the drive he has open shots, he will start hitting them again and you can all suck his chode.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#60 » by Mikistan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:58 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:
Sakic wrote:
TheGameWinner wrote:lol even i hate taking wide open shots... its actually more pressure for me as well.

That's why you're scrubbing around at the local Y, and are not in the NBA.

That's alright, I might be scrubbing --- but i'd wreck you any day, any amount of $$. :lol:

I got winner, bring it bitches

Return to Toronto Raptors