ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolstat - whether team figures it out or not big changes are coming

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Re: Wolstat - whether team figures it out or not big changes are coming 

Post#101 » by Saciid11 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:46 pm

I asked this question millions times... Why is Casey playing his only 7ft less then 30 minutes on team that lacks size ... Why are we playing undersized power forward crunch time to win games. And donèt tell me Casey hates to win, because he has lead this team to their best record in team history and tell me he hates JV, because if he did... he wouldnèt play him at all. You trade Demar or Lowry this team will be back to the lottery... You fire Casey, the same fans will bitch about the next coach who will bench JV in the crunch time to win games... This team needs shot blocker, a big who can move his feet to recover at the defensive end ...
JG22
Banned User
And1: 138

Post#102 » by JG22 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:51 pm

mintsa wrote:If the plan all along was to blow this thing up if it worked or not. Why sign Lowry, gv, 2pat, Casey???

It doesn't make any sense. I don't see any indication that this is going to be blown up. The only non free agent who's future is up in the air is TRoss.

Who say anything about "blowing team up". Big changes mean a lot of players currently on team won't be here after this season. Masai sign GV to 2 year contract. Masai sign Casey to 2 year contract. JJ to 2 year contract. Patterson to 3 year contract. He only sign Lowry for 4 year. Amir expiring. Lou expiring. Fields expiring. Steimesma expiring. Ross due for extension. JV due for extension. Masai will keep core of team but change everything else. 5-7 guys from current team most likely gone and Masai will bring in player who fit his "vision" and who fit Casey style coaching.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#103 » by Truthrising » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:54 pm

Saciid11 wrote: You trade Demar or Lowry this team will be back to the lottery.

Yeah, they are the heart & sole of the team
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
wegetitin08
Rookie
And1: 1,632

Post#104 » by wegetitin08 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:01 am

we'll never be ELITE until MLSE decides to go over the cap, most ELITE teams go over
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#105 » by kidr1211 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:10 am

wegetitin08 wrote:we'll never be ELITE until MLSE decides to go over the cap, most ELITE teams go over

You only go over the cap when you have a core that can contend in place. Going over the cap when you're still building a team will hurt their flexibility, and TL and MU have already said MLSE is willing to pay the tax whenever the team is ready.
wegetitin08
Rookie

Post#106 » by wegetitin08 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:18 am

kidr1211 wrote:
wegetitin08 wrote:we'll never be ELITE until MLSE decides to go over the cap, most ELITE teams go over

You only go over the cap when you have a core that can contend in place. Going over the cap when you're still building a team will hurt their flexibility, and TL and MU have already said MLSE is willing to pay the tax whenever the team is ready.

You're right, what about Burks. I heard his name earlier that people rather him than DD
chevycheck
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#107 » by chevycheck » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:29 am

Anyone notice LeBron looks well a tad bigger since his two week vacation. Anyway I am open to change that might last 3 years because any 3 year window is now closed with LeBron being the sheriff now. Change now and hope benefits happen once that window opens again in 3 years.Let s(tt fly and hope flowers blossom come say 4 to 6 years down that championship road.
chevycheck
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#108 » by chevycheck » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:32 am

I rather watch young talent grow and dd is neither young nor talented. DD is merely our best trade asset now masai its your turn .
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#109 » by kidr1211 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:35 am

wegetitin08 wrote:
kidr1211 wrote:

You're right, what about Burks. I heard his name earlier that people rather him than DD

Haven't watched burks much but he can't be any worse than DD is right now tbh
J_Sky_G
Pro Prospect
And1: 854

Post#110 » by J_Sky_G » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:09 am

Saciid11 wrote:I asked this question millions times... Why is Casey playing his only 7ft less then 30 minutes on team that lacks size ... Why are we playing undersized power forward crunch time to win games. And donèt tell me Casey hates to win, because he has lead this team to their best record in team history and tell me he hates JV, because if he did... he wouldnèt play him at all. You trade Demar or Lowry this team will be back to the lottery... You fire Casey, the same fans will bitch about the next coach who will bench JV in the crunch time to win games... This team needs shot blocker, a big who can move his feet to recover at the defensive end ...

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he doesn't play JV because his system warrants a big that can can be incredibly agile and guard bigs who can shoot on the perimeter? Has it ever occurred to you that it is stupid to ask JV to do that 2 years after you had him bulk up and get much slower than he was when he entered the league?

Furthermore, where is your indictment of the actual defensive system, that allows already weak defenders to get caught in the screen and roll, leaving JV to defend 2 guys at once? Where is your chastisement of the guards who for some inexplicable reason cannot keep anybody in front of them to save their lives?
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#111 » by Tacoma » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:26 am

TheAlchemist wrote:We have probably one of the best General Managers in the league and people are calling for his head.

And we are still on pace to win 50 games (if we go 2 games over .500 )

Masai isn't that amazing GM that pulls off miracle trades or is hyper aggressive like Morey. But he builds a team slowly. Before Masai came we had assets, but their value was very low.

We have a lot of potential going forward. Just gotta keep the faith high.

This is the kind of post that I sometimes wonder in bewilderment :roll: . I don't see anyone calling for Masai's head, but if anyone did, it would be premature. Just like it's premature to proclaim him "one of the best General Managers in the league" no matter how you qualify the probability.

Masai was Assistant GM under Colangelo and he's been living off BC's fumes since he took over as Raptors GM. This team has been winning off BC's core of Lowry, DD, Amir and JV which Masai has nothing to do with. And if he had succeeded in trading Lowry, this team would be battling for lottery position. The team he built in Denver has been treadmill mediocre, so he has yet to build a team anywhere close to being championship caliber.

In other words, quit the Masai worshipping. He's not now one of the best GM in the league. He may be one day, but not today. He needs to break up this BC core and build a core team in his own image. By most indications, this will happen this summer. And then we'll need another 2-3 years to see how Masai's core will perform before we can properly assess whether or not he can be considered one of the best.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#112 » by RapsFanInOhio » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:38 am

The problem with moving DeRozan is that he was pretty vital in getting Lowry to sign. So if you move DD, does Lowry take issue with that?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
wegetitin08
Rookie

Post#113 » by wegetitin08 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:42 am

Hey I mean it could be worse...

cough, cough* BULLS( we weren't expected to be one of the top teams)
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,424

Post#114 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:49 am

RapsFanInOhio wrote:The problem with moving DeRozan is that he was pretty vital in getting Lowry to sign. So if you move DD, does Lowry take issue with that?

Fine by me. I don't have an issue trading either of them. By the time this team is ready to contend, Lowry would have expired or be on a decline.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,424

Post#115 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:51 am

bballsparkin wrote:
yodamaster wrote:
hyper316 wrote:
As streaky as bradley is, I value his defense higher, I see him as a tony Allen type. Bradley has much better range than Allen.

yeah, i can see how that can be... he would be a great bench guy who can do his heat check for the night but still give u great D..

Bradley is too short to start at sg. I agree he would be a great bench guy to have on a good team.

I love Bradley as well. He's a little expensive right now and we have other pressing needs but I think he can be a key piece off the bench for a winning team. He defends both guard spots very, very well.
becausephilchow
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#116 » by becausephilchow » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:09 am

I don't think anybody on this team is untouchable. I would be willing to move anybody, and everybody, for something that's a good return.

Whether it's a win-now move, or whether it's a future team building move, i'm 100% down for it. Watching Lowry/DeMar play this last while has been pathetic.

It seems like it's more than a slump in DeMar's case, and Lowry, I don't know. It's one thing to be talented, it's another to ENJOY taking Long Contested 2s, and it's another to just be a chucker, like Lowry/DeMar. It's great when the shots are going on, but it's so brutally painful to watch when they're not. This team lives and dies on somebody getting hot for that night. Otherwise, it's just ****. There's no ball movement, there's no inside game, it's just a team full of Guards that can get hot on any given night, but can be ice cold on another. This team might set a record for Franchise Wins, and hell, might even make it past the 1st Round, but, that's likely the ceiling. We're talented, just too widely inconsistent, and have low BBIQ players that just chuck over and over again.
wegetitin08
Rookie

Post#117 » by wegetitin08 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:19 am

DEMAR IS TOOOO PREDICTABLE I BET ANYONE OF US CAN GUARD HIM!!
TDotsfinest97
Banned User
And1: 5,953

Post#118 » by TDotsfinest97 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:25 am

wegetitin08 wrote:DEMAR IS TOOOO PREDICTABLE I BET ANYONE OF US CAN GUARD HIM!!

he's going to pump fake u 10 times then shoot over u
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#119 » by Rhythm043 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:36 am

JG22 wrote:
artsncrafts wrote:How does Wolstat know? He doesn't. No one in the organization knows what is going to happen they just evaluate.

Trust me. Wolstat have inside sources. Good ones. I hear same thing one month ago even when we play well and have nice record. Don't matter how team do. Unless they win championship big changes coming.

Wolstat is a clown bro. You know nothing either! Lol@unless they win a championship big changes coming. Nice one
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#120 » by grumpwalter » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:44 am

RapsFanInOhio wrote:The problem with moving DeRozan is that he was pretty vital in getting Lowry to sign. So if you move DD, does Lowry take issue with that?

I'm sure he understands business is business, but if he doesn't he can go too.

Return to Toronto Raptors