ImageImageImageImageImage

Why is JJ back in Casey's doghouse??

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Why is JJ back in Casey's doghouse?? 

Post#1 » by WigginsNation » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:36 am

Against the Spurs he only played 5mins!! The games before: 15,17, 18, and 18mins.

I thought JJ proved himself, why are his minutes back down again? I'm fed up with Casey! He simply isn't a good coach and has no clue how to properly utilize the talent on this team; JV being the other misused player!

There's no excuse for JJ playing only FIVE MINUTES!!? If poundtherock comes back as our coach next year, I'm gonna stop watching this team because we're going nowhere with him. Come playoffs his stupid decisions will be exposed and apparent for everyone to see and you'll ALL be onboard to fire his candy@ss. Lets hope Masai is too.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#2 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 am

WeTheNorth77
Sixth Man
And1: 2,865

Re: Why is JJ back in Casey's doghouse?? 

Post#3 » by WeTheNorth77 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:44 am

His rotations have always been like that. That's my main issue with Casey his rotations have been awful at times and some of his substitution in game have been questionable as well. He also doesn't treat each player equally and has a tighter leash on some players compared to others (JV in particular).
BrunoSkull you the real MVP
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#4 » by Inevitable » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:03 am

He doesn't chuck enough on offense and on the other side of the court he plays too much defense.
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#5 » by cram » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:06 am

Plays too strong inside, and Casey prefers him on the perimeter??

All kidding aside, he could have the flu or an injury.....wouldn't worry too much about it.
TDotsfinest97
Banned User
And1: 5,953

Post#6 » by TDotsfinest97 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:06 am

Because Casey is a dumbass, dude can't find a way to play Ross and JJ at the same time, JJ should get a lot of minutes at the PF spot, let Amir rest until the playoffs.
WeTheNorth77
Sixth Man
And1: 2,865

Post#7 » by WeTheNorth77 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:09 am

TDotsfinest97 wrote:Because Casey is a dumbass, dude can't find a way to play Ross and JJ at the same time, JJ should get a lot of minutes at the PF spot, let Amir rest until the playoffs.

Surprised he doesn't play him more at the 4 spot. He was killing it in one game (forgot which one) when he played the 4. He's much quicker than most 4's. Amir needs the rest too so would work out great if Casey did that. Doubt he does though.
BrunoSkull you the real MVP
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#8 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:10 am

smoke weed everyday
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#9 » by Geddy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:24 am

No one really knows because all parties involved usually just play it off as a match up issue or give some other diverting answer. The media doesn't push too much to find out the answer as well.

There aren't many reasons why some of the other players get more minutes than him, especially considering he is one of the best defenders on the team. Casey can't be that stupid to leave him on the bench when the team needs him out there so I'm guessing there has been something going on behind the scenes.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
dsquared
Junior
And1: 624

Post#10 » by dsquared » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 am

I agree with OP but anyone notice JJ's been taking a lot more jumpers/3's when he has played recently? That's not his game, he really should just drive or pass.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#11 » by UneducatedFan86 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:32 am

Short answer: too tall
long answer: Casey
DUBmental
Sophomore
And1: 234

Re: Re: Why is JJ back in Casey's doghouse?? 

Post#12 » by DUBmental » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 am

dsquared wrote:I agree with OP but anyone notice JJ's been taking a lot more jumpers/3's when he has played recently? That's not his game, he really should just drive or pass.

Casey can ruin players because of his inability to adapt. He has a system and if you want to play you must adapt, not play your game but his and that's what's happening to JJ.

Nobody on our team can slash inside and play the way JJ plays. A good coach will exploit this and adapt to make the player and team excel and utilize the strengths of our players.

Not Casey though.

I can use a similar argument for JV but this is a JJ thread and I'll stay on topic.
BrunoSkull
RealGM
And1: 110,436

Post#13 » by BrunoSkull » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 am

Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#14 » by Macho » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:59 am

He's taken a few dumb shots per game lately and has been so-so on defence. Needs to go back to playing the way he should.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#15 » by MikeM » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:09 am

Because he's only shooting TWENTY percent better than our all-star back court.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#16 » by WigginsNation » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:21 am

Geddy wrote:No one really knows because all parties involved usually just play it off as a match up issue or give some other diverting answer. The media doesn't push too much to find out the answer as well.

There aren't many reasons why some of the other players get more minutes than him, especially considering he is one of the best defenders on the team. Casey can't be that stupid to leave him on the bench when the team needs him out there so I'm guessing there has been something going on behind the scenes.

He's that stupid. Don't underestimate him.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,936

Post#17 » by Potential » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:27 am

"you're playing defense and taking efficient shots... hit the damn bench"
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Re: Why is JJ back in Casey's doghouse?? 

Post#18 » by Kabookalu » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:52 am

DUBmental wrote:Nobody on our team can slash inside and play the way JJ plays. A good coach will exploit this and adapt to make the player and team excel and utilize the strengths of our players.

I guess Memphis doesn't have a good coach.

He's in the doghouse because he's a maverick defensively. He'll sacrifice playing within a team concept because he values blocks and steals more than sound defense. And offensively do you guys remember how ugly our offense was when he was starting? What we're seeing right now is bad enough, but it was worse when Johnson started. No spacing at all.

I don't agree with him being in the doghouse, but people act like he's an all star or something. He should get minutes at the 4 since our other Johnson blows.
Read on Twitter
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#19 » by Jakay » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 am

Geddy wrote:No one really knows because all parties involved usually just play it off as a match up issue or give some other diverting answer. The media doesn't push too much to find out the answer as well.

No. Clearly if a group of unconnected fans posting from home or work can't figure what's going on, it's obviously because the coach is dumb. Simple as that.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#20 » by dballislife » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:47 am

give him more PT at the 4 too
What is basketball.....basketball is life!

Return to Toronto Raptors