ImageImageImageImageImage

March Madness Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

March Madness Thread 

Post#161 » by Undefeated » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:07 pm

Wichita's playing some suffocating D. Forcing KU into a lot of forced passes.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

March Madness Thread 

Post#162 » by Undefeated » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Wichita forcing KU into a lot of 1-on-1. Love how they're denying everything; no ball reversals.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

March Madness Thread 

Post#163 » by Undefeated » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:26 pm

My picks looking good today. Got MSU and Wichita moving to the Sweet 16 :)
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,138

Re: March Madness Thread 

Post#164 » by The Duke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Undefeated wrote:My picks looking good today. Got MSU and Wichita moving to the Sweet 16 :)

Yea man, today was good for our brackets. Im on your heels in the pool
Tyrone Slothrop
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,203

Post#165 » by Tyrone Slothrop » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:07 am

I parlayed Michigan State winning straight up with Gonzaga -6.5, combined with a pre tournament bet that Virginia wouldn't make the sweet 16. This might end up being the greatest gambling day of my life.

Also, didn't realize Wiltjer had dual citizenship. He's way too gifted offensively not to have a key role on our national team going forward.
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#166 » by cram » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:30 am

Undefeated - those are great picks.

My bracket is busted. Had Nova going to the final. Figured it was either going to be a really smart pick or really dumb....guess it was the latter!
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by The Duke » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:50 am

Whoa my Oklahomla pick survives today.
My final four picks all alive
Camboflage
Veteran
And1: 1,725

Post#168 » by Camboflage » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:23 am

Our boy Pangos going hard since it'll be his last year...

I played this guy at a rec Centre one time and I think I stopped playing serious since lol.

Still remember when Baker from Wichita went shot for shot with him one year man

Hope Zags go far so he could have nba stock value.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,596

Post#169 » by C_Money » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:26 am

I'm not sure how Montrezl Harrell usually plays but he's looked like a$$ in these March Madness games. Not sure if I would draft him.

His teammate Rozier looks better.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#170 » by almatic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:38 am

I can't root for West Virginia after the way they had to beat Maryland. Taking Trimble out like that.. I don't know how the refs didn't officiate that well, obvious moving screens with cheap shots, etc.

Nothing against UWV's great press or anything, but it was really shady the way went after Melo Trimble the way they did. Call me a conspirator but I'm calling it how I see it here. Bob Huggins just looks like that kinda coach to tell his team to do that... he has a football coach-esque vibe to him.
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#171 » by RaptorHusky » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:11 pm

cram wrote:Undefeated - those are great picks.

My bracket is busted. Had Nova going to the final. Figured it was either going to be a really smart pick or really dumb....guess it was the latter!

Not only you - Obama also had Nova in the finals. So you are in good company. :wink:
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,121

Post#172 » by duppyy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 pm

My sleeper pick to win is Notre Dame.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by The Duke » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Almost a perfect Sunday - with West Virginia my 1 lost of the day
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,406

Post#174 » by aminiaturebuddha » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:48 pm

The Duke wrote:Big Spartan fan.
Boggles the mind that the committee put them as a 7 seed.
I put MSU over UVA.
Gonna be a good next matchup for MSU

To be fair, MSU lost 11 games this year. I'm not sure the committee could legitimately put them much higher than a 7-seed. The thing is that Izzo is a tremendous in-game coach and Michigan St. almost always outperforms its seed in the tourney. Also, I'm sure Virginia hated to see Michigan St. in their region of the bracket as it was always going to be a tough matchup for them.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#175 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:50 pm

almatic wrote:I can't root for West Virginia after the way they had to beat Maryland. Taking Trimble out like that.. I don't know how the refs didn't officiate that well, obvious moving screens with cheap shots, etc.

Nothing against UWV's great press or anything, but it was really shady the way went after Melo Trimble the way they did. Call me a conspirator but I'm calling it how I see it here. Bob Huggins just looks like that kinda coach to tell his team to do that... he has a football coach-esque vibe to him.

He went out because he made a dumb move to try to intercept the ball and got kicked in the head by his teammate. That screen was just a hard screen.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by The Duke » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:06 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
The Duke wrote:Big Spartan fan.
Boggles the mind that the committee put them as a 7 seed.
I put MSU over UVA.
Gonna be a good next matchup for MSU

To be fair, MSU lost 11 games this year. I'm not sure the committee could legitimately put them much higher than a 7-seed. The thing is that Izzo is a tremendous in-game coach and Michigan St. almost always outperforms its seed in the tourney. Also, I'm sure Virginia hated to see Michigan St. in their region of the bracket as it was always going to be a tough matchup for them.

Izzo is a great coach compared to others on the short days (2 days to play).
His advantage is lost a lil when the other coach has 4 days to prepare.
I thought MSU and Oklah were the 2 best teams in that region, and their meeting in the SS instead of the EE.
I put Oklah over MSU, but its certaintly not a confient pick.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by Undefeated » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:09 pm

duppyy wrote:My sleeper pick to win is Notre Dame.

I had them beating UK initially but changed my pick at the last minute. I already had Iowa State going to the Final 4 so I couldn't risk having another mid-major potentially losing early which they almost did to North Eastern. But they have enough shooters to upset UK which I think is the key and good guard play. If Zach Auguste gets into foul trouble which he most likely will then they really need to be on fire to have a chance like they were against Duke in the ACC Championship game.

And man I'm cheesed UNI lost to Louisville. If they had upset them I would've been leading in my pool :evil:
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,406

Post#178 » by aminiaturebuddha » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Camboflage wrote:Our boy Pangos going hard since it'll be his last year...

Pangos and Wiltjer have both been great so far. Although the NCAA wasn't as stocked with high-calibre Canadian talent this year compared to last year, there are a few guys who have been playing significant roles in the tournament so far.

Aside from Pangos and Wiltjer:
- Trey Lyles has been impressive for Kentucky,
- Dyshawn Pierre once again played a big part in Dayton outperforming their seeding,
- Dillon Brooks got a couple of tourney games under his belt as a starter in Oregon (and may become the team's primary scorer next year with Joseph Young graduating)
- A few other guys like Kenny Chery and Daniel Mullings were important parts of teams that got to the tourney, but then didn't do much while there

So only Lyles and the Gonzaga guys remain, but another decent year for Canadian kids in the NCAA (and some other players like Olivier Hanlan at Boston College and Xavier Rathan-Mayes at Florida St. had good years on bad teams and so didn't play in any post-season tournaments).
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#179 » by almatic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:06 pm

-TheDocOfDenial wrote:
almatic wrote:I can't root for West Virginia after the way they had to beat Maryland. Taking Trimble out like that.. I don't know how the refs didn't officiate that well, obvious moving screens with cheap shots, etc.

He went out because he made a dumb move to try to intercept the ball and got kicked in the head by his teammate. That screen was just a hard screen.

Even if one doesn't see it as malicious, it was still an obviously late, moving screen.

..and it still looks to me like WV dude winded up his shoulder. You can even see the rotation of his shoulder continue after he hits Trimble's face.
basketballbeans
Pro Prospect
And1: 397

March Madness Thread 

Post#180 » by basketballbeans » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Games start again tonight

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Toronto Raptors