ImageImageImageImageImage

More shade Re: Lowry reinjury

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Re: More shade Re: Lowry reinjury 

Post#21 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:46 pm

djsunyc wrote:where is mckechnie in all of this?

Testing his Sports Medicine theories out on himself
LURKINSINCE2003
Junior
And1: 667

Post#22 » by LURKINSINCE2003 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:50 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:I agree, but I also think you get what you get with Lowry. He's uncoachable, he's irascible, he's not going to tell the truth to the trainers, he's by far our best player. It's on Ujiri/Casey to instil the culture that can survive an injury to an important player.

This is some stupid sh** right here. You have no evidence to any of these points you made.
gamer1035 wrote:Ross is done. He wont be in the nba in 2 years.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#23 » by Courtside » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:52 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Courtside wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:You heard the man. What part of being implicitly called a "spindly armed jerk ass" did you fail to comprehend with your waterlogged, Bluenoser brain?

Yeah. And forget that you're married with kids, go out and get a girlfriend so the training staff can do their job!

It might also help if you took a flying leap off your luxury condo balcony.

I actually heard a story of that happening about a month back... you can imagine with the shape of these buildings and the glass railings, apparently the guy didn't even hit the ground in one piece :cry:
DUNPHY
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Re: Re: 

Post#24 » by DUNPHY » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:32 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
Tacoma wrote:
DUNPHY wrote:Were not jumping up in the standings.. We need to rest him for as long as possible... But at the same time we need to start getting our chemistry back...

Its gonna be a rough end of season/playoffs :(

All the "chemistry" talk by Masai was baloney. Masai was surprised as anyone that we got better after Gay left, couldn't figure out why so he called it chemistry. But now we're losing, what happened to chemistry?

The answer is what I've said all along that chemistry was a crock... it was Lowry's emergence that led this team to our winning ways. It's not a coincidence that Lowry was playing like an All Star up until the All Star break when we were 36-17. But then Lowry turned rogue and not coincidentally we have been 6-12 since the break.

So conclusion was and is, we will win and go as far as Lowry takes us and we need him back to his all star form by the playoffs or it's going to be an ugly first round for us. It's about Lowry. The whole chemistry thing espoused by Masai was pure gibberish.

I gotta kinda agree with this being pretty much Lowry.
Lowry might have been the catalyst but you cant deny that our team is MUCH better when everyone clicking!

You cant fake 82 games! We were playing with amazing chemistry during that run! We need that back! Kyle could definitely turn on the jets now but that doesnt mean everyone else is automatically gonna start clicking!
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,164

Post#25 » by GooniesNeverDie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Tacoma wrote:
DUNPHY wrote:Were not jumping up in the standings.. We need to rest him for as long as possible... But at the same time we need to start getting our chemistry back...

Its gonna be a rough end of season/playoffs :(

All the "chemistry" talk by Masai was baloney. Masai was surprised as anyone that we got better after Gay left, couldn't figure out why so he called it chemistry. But now we're losing, what happened to chemistry?

The answer is what I've said all along that chemistry was a crock... it was Lowry's emergence that led this team to our winning ways. It's not a coincidence that Lowry was playing like an All Star up until the All Star break when we were 36-17. But then Lowry turned rogue and not coincidentally we have been 6-12 since the break.

So conclusion was and is, we will win and go as far as Lowry takes us and we need him back to his all star form by the playoffs or it's going to be an ugly first round for us. It's about Lowry. The whole chemistry thing espoused by Masai was pure gibberish.

lmao remember when posters didn't want to trade for DCuz because of "chemistry"... good times
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#26 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:49 pm

DUNPHY wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
Tacoma wrote:

I gotta kinda agree with this being pretty much Lowry.
Lowry might have been the catalyst but you cant deny that our team is MUCH better when everyone clicking!

You cant fake 82 games! We were playing with amazing chemistry during that run! We need that back! Kyle could definitely turn on the jets now but that doesnt mean everyone else is automatically gonna start clicking!

Yeah, but I feel the way Kyle played then, taking the charges, making the big shots and plays, the effort level on both sides and the leadership, I think he was the catalyst for it all. And I think when he's doing that it inspires confidence in everyone.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#27 » by vini_vidi_vici » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Having read numerous articles about McKechnie over the years, and hearing Eric Smith mention the Raps are again one of the least injured teams (man games) in the league, I have the utmost confidence the training staff is taking all precautions/etc.. and he will back when hes ready.

With back injuries and Kyles propensity to back down defenders, I think until they can rehab it for an offseason (and maybe thats not even enough, I dont know the severity), its going to be recurring the rest of the year atleast.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#28 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:Having read numerous articles about McKechnie over the years, and hearing Eric Smith mention the Raps are again one of the least injured teams (man games) in the league, I have the utmost confidence the training staff is taking all precautions/etc.. and he will back when hes ready.

With back injuries and Kyles propensity to back down defenders, I think until they can rehab it for an offseason (and maybe thats not even enough, I dont know the severity), its going to be recurring the rest of the year atleast.

I don't recall where, but I read training staff was instrumental in him sitting the two games prior, but when it wasn't structural then it was up to the how the players feels. I have faith in our training staff, obviously with the benefit of hindsight I wish someone overruled the player.
Salted Meat
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#29 » by Salted Meat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Players re-aggravate injuries all the time. Alex McKechnie is probably the best athletic trainer in the league. We went from having the most games lost due to injury before he arrived, to having the least games lost due to injury.

McKechnie can advise as much as he wants, but if a guy wants to play, and he's medically cleared to do so, then he's gonna play. Lowry just signed a new contract. if he wanted to, he could have sat out the last two weeks and claimed it was on McKechnie's advice.

And take it for what it's worth, but McKechnie has said that the Raptors organization is literally the best organization he's ever worked for, and the man won 4 rings with the Lakers.

So stop with this b.s. Guys get hurt. It sucks that it's Kyle, and it sucks that it's affecting his game. Durant just went down for the season. Things happen.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#30 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Just saying, I don't think it's a good look for the decision makers or is indicative of a well run team, when you have guys who come back from injury only to leave that game re-injured and out even longer. Was there not an examination and recommendation from the training staff, does it all depend on what Lowry wants to do?

Honestly it looks bad to me...not only do we run down amir during tank seasons, and now he's a shell of himself in his should be prime, but we wear down lowry in meaningless games, have him out with injury, and is reinjured when he returns. If we go into the playoffs with a beaten up lowry then ... :noway: (SMH as the kids say).

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot

Return to Toronto Raptors