ImageImageImageImageImage

New SSH for 2015-16 - Playoffs Info?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Re: New SSH for 2015-16 - Playoffs Info? 

Post#21 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Financials wrote:lol i have no idea how MSLE got you guys to sign up for Ssn Tix within the past 1-2 months.

I regret renewing, considering the slump we've been on as of late.

It just made economical sense for me however.

I usually spend about $1k to $2k on tickets a season for about 3-4 games.

This year I got seasons. 41 + 2 preseason games.

I broke even on tickets, went to 10 games and had the person I go with just cover the meal and drinks and not have to pay me for the ticket.

Worked out fantastically for me.

Kind of concerned with the dynamic pricing for next year however.
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#22 » by JLei » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:34 pm

MoMoneyMoProbs wrote:
Financials wrote:lol i have no idea how MSLE got you guys to sign up for Ssn Tix within the past 1-2 months.

I broke even on tickets, went to 10 games and had the person I go with just cover the meal and drinks and not have to pay me for the ticket.

Given the demand dynamic pricing only helps you unless you are trying to scalp as well. Every game is sold out right now because they couldn't charge enough for the single seats. If you were selling at face value then your tickets would likely be cheaper than the single game tickets that would be available on ticketmaster.

It does change the dynamics of when season ticket holders want to sell their tickets by. You don't want to be caught on stubhub on the day of the game if there is still any supply left on the Raptors website since they can drop their prices below what you paid for them with full dynamic.

But as long as the demand is as high as it is. You shouldn't worry about it. I'd be more concerned with the Leafs becoming good/ us losing this 1st round series. If either of those happens then we might see demand drop off.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:52 pm

JLei wrote:
MoMoneyMoProbs wrote:

Given the demand dynamic pricing only helps you unless you are trying to scalp as well. Every game is sold out right now because they couldn't charge enough for the single seats. If you were selling at face value then your tickets would likely be cheaper than the single game tickets that would be available on ticketmaster.

It does change the dynamics of when season ticket holders want to sell their tickets by. You don't want to be caught on stubhub on the day of the game if there is still any supply left on the Raptors website since they can drop their prices below what you paid for them with full dynamic.

But as long as the demand is as high as it is. You shouldn't worry about it. I'd be more concerned with the Leafs becoming good/ us losing this 1st round series. If either of those happens then we might see demand drop off.

My concern is moreso on the Raptors first round loss + regression in terms of player turnover. I think if we can win a round this year, I won't feel concerned. However if the team starts to tank out of the gate, MLSE can sell below the SSH floor that was previously implemented.

Not too much concerned about the Leafs as they are in a rebuilding mode and need a few years to put a winner out there I believe.
ikosuave
Junior
And1: 44

Post#24 » by ikosuave » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:06 am

Merit wrote:
ikosuave wrote:
Merit wrote:Also, is any current season ticket holder looking to split season tickets for next season? I am highly interested and have done so in the past. Can provide character references if necessary. Looking for upper bowl tickets, preferably a pair - but I don't have to have both seats to games - would be happy to attend solo with another member of the SSH group.

Hey Merit,

Gonna have to enable your PMs for me to message you back about tickets.

Shoot, my bad. Will do, stat.

Still not working Merit... Try again or PM me your email address.
StarryAngel
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#25 » by StarryAngel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I just heard it's only hard playoffs tickets this year - no e-tickets to minimize reselling. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

We can expect the tickets after Easter apparently.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#26 » by TheSamMitchell » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm

G55man wrote:
shiggydill wrote:You can always call your rep and inquire.

That would be if your rep would actually return calls or emails, I'm not feeling the love from my rep. Oh yeah my payment already cleared so there's no reason to call me back!!! :x

Lmao...MLSE at its finest.
MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:31 pm

StarryAngel wrote:I just heard it's only hard playoffs tickets this year - no e-tickets to minimize reselling. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

Why am I not surprised.

Also, this is not to minimize re-selling. It's to 1) ELIMINATE any profit SSH will try to obtain to help cover their ticket costs and 2) ensure MLSE controls prices.

These guys are morons, the SSH that do renew are the ones who do sell their decent chunk of tickets. It's difficult to justify going to 30 some odd games.

The cycle goes:

SSH buys SS ---> Sells a chunk ---> Breaks-even/profit (maybe) ---> Renew seats

Budgeted Fan ---> Can't spend money for seasons but wants greats seats ---> buys from SSH (whos prices are better than ticketmaster) ---> Enjoys game ---> repeats.

If the cycle isn't broken, don't fix it

I sell/give a good chunk of my seats because:

A) I'm taking night courses (can't make games)
B) I travel for work
C) I have clients that I give tickets to and employees that I have to give/sell to at a discounted price

This has allowed me to renew for the following season. This just may be my last.

If you are a business or entrepreneur, you are giving out tickets left and right to employees, clients or potential leads
StarryAngel
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#28 » by StarryAngel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 pm

MoMoneyMoProbs wrote:
StarryAngel wrote:I just heard it's only hard playoffs tickets this year - no e-tickets to minimize reselling. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

Why am I not surprised.

Also, this is not to minimize re-selling. It's to 1) ELIMINATE any profit SSH will try to obtain to help cover their ticket costs and 2) ensure MLSE controls prices.

These guys are morons, the SSH that do renew are the ones who do sell their decent chunk of tickets. It's difficult to justify going to 30 some odd games.

The cycle goes:

SSH buys SS ---> Sells a chunk ---> Breaks-even/profit (maybe) ---> Renew seats

Budgeted Fan ---> Can't spend money for seasons but wants greats seats ---> buys from SSH (whos prices are better than ticketmaster) ---> Enjoys game ---> repeats.

If the cycle isn't broken, don't fix it

I sell/give a good chunk of my seats because:

A) I'm taking night courses (can't make games)
B) I travel for work
C) I have clients that I give tickets to and employees that I have to give/sell to at a discounted price

This has allowed me to renew for the following season. This just may be my last.

If you are a business or entrepreneur, you are giving out tickets left and right to employees, clients or potential leads

Being a long-time SSH, is there any way to push back on the hard tickets rule? It was just sprung on me today, after calling and emailing this week to try to reach my rep. The person who I split tickets with and I have the same thoughts as you about friends and clients and won't always be able to meet them to give them tickets. But as a recently signed up SSH, I don't know how much (or more likely, how little) you can push back with MLSE.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,875

Post#29 » by Merit » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:56 am

ikosuave wrote:
Merit wrote:
ikosuave wrote:
Hey Merit,

Gonna have to enable your PMs for me to message you back about tickets.

Shoot, my bad. Will do, stat.

Still not working Merit... Try again or PM me your email address.

emailspam29 (at) gmail (dot) com. That's the spam one, I'll respond with my personal email from there. Just really dislike putting details on messageboards - call me paranoid or whatever. Not sure why the PM's aren't working. I've even messaged the mods, but to no avail. Thanks bud - will be in touch soon.
I believe in Masai.

Return to Toronto Raptors