ImageImageImageImageImage

Masai support poll - update your vote at any time

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

do you guys still support Masai?

1) No - Masai could not bring one significant starter in 2 seasons and was content to resign Casey and maintain BC's soft core of chuckers, results are clear
36%
2) Yes - Masai is the man
64%

Total votes: 306

Rapz
Banned User
And1: 1,191

Masai support poll - update your vote at any time 

Post#1 » by Rapz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:12 am

Given present situation what is your current feeling?

This poll is live/open so we can update our vote based on latest feeling of most current situation.
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Re: Masai support poll 

Post#2 » by Ganan23 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:14 am

I'll keep Masai.. We really do need to see how the next 2 games pan out.. But right now everything feels like a sham. Masai needs to acquire star power and we really need to build a real team.. Not a team that wins regular season games. A team that can excel in the post season and actually F*CKING play together..
TdotForLife
Banned User
And1: 492

Post#3 » by TdotForLife » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 am

Holy Fucckkkk. WTH can Masai do rite now. U guys need to chill and wait next season to see if he's a fraud or not. Damn u guys r ignorant.
raptorfanatic88
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#4 » by raptorfanatic88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:35 am

As bad as Raps are now, you have to admit Masai had raised our expectation for this team. I can wait another year before making a judgement.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#5 » by ash_k » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:48 am

"in Masai we trust" ?? anyone???
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#6 » by chuckdevlin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:49 am

Lol ... too soon for an accurate poll
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#7 » by grumpwalter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:53 am

I've learned from the Colangelo era, end it now.
nodeal
Rookie
And1: 216

Post#8 » by nodeal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:55 am

He did the right thing when he started a rebuild by trading gay and lowry. Dolan ruined that plan and then we started winning. He couldnt tear down the team at that point, the casual fans would have been outraged. Masai is the type that will take whats given to him. Thats a recipe to be good but not great, to be great you have to take risks. Sometimes you have to rebuild even if you are a playoff team, this includes bringing in a new high upside coach. Re-signing a bad coach because he overachieved 3/4's of a year was a really bad move on his part.

His strength of being extremely patient in trades and only dealing when you are robbing the other team is now a weakness. Other teams are smarter. He'll be lucky to get 1 trade per year. Hinkie and Ainge are the types of GM the raptors need. All that said we need to keep masai and just hope he can adjust his game, because we wont find a hinkie or ainge out there.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#9 » by grumpwalter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 am

Rapz wrote:Given present situation what is your current feeling?

To me Masai missed the best opportunity to get rid of this soft core when he came since everybody wanted to see changes at any cost.
First draft after he came was loaded and he badly missed the boat.

Seeing his drafting vision and fact that in 2 full season Masai was not capable to bring at least one significant starter player to change BC's core of softies, it made me question his wisdom. All he did was to bring cheap WWF excitement to please some fans.

Some of us knew all along that our players success in regular season was fool's gold, since Raps are not built for playoffs when match-ups/coach and gritty defense wins the game.
Unfortunately tonight culminated in proving we were right all along and Masai got to eat crow served by Paul Pierce.

With TL gone this summer, I can see the new guy wanting to start fresh with new Raps GM/Coach and of course mostly new starters.
I'd say go for it because we know what "assessing" has brought us.

also, is it possible we overrated him from the start?

The Bargnani trade - Was it really a good trade? or is ripping of Dolan not exactly rocket science?

He was riding the team's success last year? Or was he unwilling to admit it was a fluke?
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#10 » by Patman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 am

I'm still evaluating Masai.

But seriously, Masai has done a good job. Not great, but good. For those saying he's sitting on his hands, remember he TRIED to blow it up when most of us were calling for a tank. The Knicks balked, and our starting line-up gelled to become one of the league's best. So he kept them together this year and added the 6th man of the year for John freaking Salmons.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,495

Post#11 » by bballsparkin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:04 am

Still evaluating...

edit: late by a minute...
Crazomali
RealGM
And1: 38,984

Post#12 » by Crazomali » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:05 am

still evaluating
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#13 » by grumpwalter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 am

Patman wrote:I'm still evaluating Masai.

But seriously, Masai has done a good job. Not great, but good. For those saying he's sitting on his hands, remember he TRIED to blow it up when most of us were calling for a tank. The Knicks balked, and our starting line-up gelled to become one of the league's best. So he kept them together and added the 6th man of the year for John freaking Salmons.

are you admitting he got lucky (like with the Bargnani trade) too?
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#14 » by 22haytham22 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:07 am

Next year will be the year that will tell me if we should keep him or let him go. So far from what I can tell he made a big mistake not blowing it up the second he signed onto the team. I'll give him one more year to show me what plan he has. If he continues this path of no mans land and treadmilling than he can gtfo.

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
gamer1035
Banned User
And1: 5,146

Post#15 » by gamer1035 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:08 am

BC's core was fools gold trash. I'm still mad that Masai did nothing.

But now I realize he always does nothing. He only makes a deal if its a no-brainer. He played it safe all the way to the treadmill in no mans land with a bunch of fools gold.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#16 » by basketball royalty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:09 am

This offseason is where I will form a definite opinion. He has made good moves so far but nothing crazy. Def needs to make a big splash this summer.
props to Turbozone for the sig
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,495

Post#17 » by bballsparkin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 am

nodeal wrote:He did the right thing when he started a rebuild by trading gay and lowry. Dolan ruined that plan and then we started winning. He couldnt tear down the team at that point, the casual fans would have been outraged. Masai is the type that will take whats given to him. Thats a recipe to be good but not great, to be great you have to take risks. Sometimes you have to rebuild even if you are a playoff team, this includes bringing in a new high upside coach. Re-signing a bad coach because he overachieved 3/4's of a year was a really bad move on his part.

His strength of being extremely patient in trades and only dealing when you are robbing the other team is now a weakness. Other teams are smarter. He'll be lucky to get 1 trade per year. Hinkie and Ainge are the types of GM the raptors need. All that said we need to keep masai and just hope he can adjust his game, because we wont find a hinkie or ainge out there.

I was thinking the Ainge model is the way to go. Sell high and realistically. Make a definitive move and proceed. I'm not giving up that MU can be a good GM. But at the same time I can't fault his detractors. Big offseason for the Raptors.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#18 » by visionquest » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 am

Glaring need for a big. He knew this but did nothing about it.

This omission will (and already has) hurt the psyche of our players who are now left to blame themselves and make excuses for losing to a mediocre opponent.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#19 » by Patman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 am

grumpwalter wrote:
Patman wrote:I'm still evaluating Masai.

But seriously, Masai has done a good job. Not great, but good. For those saying he's sitting on his hands, remember he TRIED to blow it up when most of us were calling for a tank. The Knicks balked, and our starting line-up gelled to become one of the league's best. So he kept them together and added the 6th man of the year for John freaking Salmons.

are you admitting he got lucky (like with the Bargnani trade) too?

Every GM needs luck. As great a franchise as the Spurs have been, where would they be had David Robinson not gotten injured, meaning they never would have had a Tim Duncan. They still would've been a great franchise, but they'd be at the level of say, the Dallas Mavs. Instead they're THE model franchise of the league.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#20 » by Kabookalu » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:12 am

If it wasn't for Dolan we might have had Andrew Wiggins by now, and the support for Masai would have been through the roof.
Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors