ImageImageImageImageImage

Brian Windhorst: Raptors headed for a roster remake?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Re: Fire Casey and retool with new coach or rebuild altogether? 

Post#41 » by Rhythm043 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Lowrys Chode wrote:
Rhythm043 wrote:another casey thread? This is insane ...people making new threads with the dumbest opening post. Posts this right before game 3 too. Good job

I wouldn't go around calling other people's posts dumb.

You're finding new ways to defend Casey after the last 4 years of continuous incompetence on his behalf. Accept it bud. He's terrible.

Why not? It is a dumb post. We have 20 Casey threads floating around. Yea lets " built around bruno." BRUNO he says..but that isnt a dumb post.? Look at your dumb reply "4 years of incompetence" yet the last two years are the best teams we have ever had in Toronto. You dont know what your even saying either..
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by Rhythm043 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:15 pm

Naysorn wrote:
Rhythm043 wrote:another casey thread? This is insane ...people making new threads with the dumbest opening post. Posts this right before game 3 too. Good job

What's dumb about that? You seem to take this board way too seriously. If you don't like the threads, don't post in them.

yea calling you out on the suggestion to build around bruno is taking the board too seriously. were you joking about building around Bruno now? I sure hope so because thats why your post is so dumb.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
Lowrys Chode
Banned User
And1: 1,522

Post#43 » by Lowrys Chode » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:15 pm

Rhythm043 wrote:
Lowrys Chode wrote:

I wouldn't go around calling other people's posts dumb.

You're finding new ways to defend Casey after the last 4 years of continuous incompetence on his behalf. Accept it bud. He's terrible.

Why not? It is a dumb post. We have 20 Casey threads floating around. Yea lets " built around bruno." BRUNO he says..but that isnt a dumb post.? Look at your dumb reply "4 years of incompetence" yet the last two years are the best teams we have ever had in Toronto. You dont know what your even saying either..

Of course we have 20 Casey threads. He's the number one topic among Raptor fans for good reason. This really isn't the best team we've had. I'm willing to say the '01 and '07 teams would wipe the floor with us the way we've played. We've been a below .500 team for the majority of the season.

Bruno is a kid. There's no telling what he can be. I agree that "building around him" is completely excessive though.
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by Rhythm043 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm

[YouTube][/YouTube]
Lowrys Chode wrote:
Rhythm043 wrote:
Lowrys Chode wrote:I wouldn't go around calling other people's posts dumb.

Of course we have 20 Casey threads. He's the number one topic among Raptor fans for good reason. This really isn't the best team we've had. I'm willing to say the '01 and '07 teams would wipe the floor with us the way we've played. We've been a below .500 team for the majority of the season.

Bruno is a kid. There's no telling what he can be. I agree that "building around him" is completely excessive though.

Exactly

And yea the 01 team was better but they still are better now than what was happening when BC left. All I was saying is Casey isn't "incompetent" if he was able to help turn around the program from the mess it was before.
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Re: Brian Windhorst: Raptors headed for a roster remake? 

Post#45 » by Alfred » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:25 pm

kasrahimi wrote:We could have Lebron James on this team and half the board would still pick him apart. Half the problem is the fans in this city. We knew from the BEGINNING that this team was over-achieving.

I totally disagree. If we had LeBron on this team, he would be treated as the next coming of Christ.
RapsAndJays21
RealGM
And1: 16,319

Post#46 » by RapsAndJays21 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:26 pm

If Lowry starts to play decent again, his 12 mill a year looks like peanuts with the salary cap going up .
Rep T Dot, till they bury me.
Naysorn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,210

Post#47 » by Naysorn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 am

Rhythm043 wrote:
Naysorn wrote:

What's dumb about that? You seem to take this board way too seriously. If you don't like the threads, don't post in them.

yea calling you out on the suggestion to build around bruno is taking the board too seriously. were you joking about building around Bruno now? I sure hope so because thats why your post is so dumb.

Oh you mad huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOHHH
Fan of wrestling, television, and most importantly... your Toronto Raptors.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#48 » by Green Backpack » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:17 am

If we do, it's going to have to be a full rebuild. We don't have enough talent to simply 'retool'.. we'll have to try to sell guys like Lowry, DD, PPat, etc for draft picks and suck for 5 years.
fatal9
Bench Warmer
And1: 543

Post#49 » by fatal9 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:20 am

Raptors will semi-rebuild, meaning they'll be good enough where they just miss out on drafting superstar caliber players, then they'll lose patience and try to build a first round caliber team around remarkably average players, then realize that the team isn't going anywhere and then try semi-rebuilding again. And repeat.

This vicious cycle will keep the team directionless and waste everyone's time, like it has for the past decade. When you understand this cycle, you will understand why this team holds the longest streak in the NBA for not winning a playoff series (15 years after Wizards deal with them).

Only thing we have to look forward to is Wiggins potentially coming home...in like 6-7 years. Don't hold your breath.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#50 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:12 am

I'm surprised they didn't atleast make a small move with all those expiring contract they got.
kasrahimi
Senior
And1: 713

Post#51 » by kasrahimi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:54 am

Alfred wrote:
kasrahimi wrote:We could have Lebron James on this team and half the board would still pick him apart. Half the problem is the fans in this city. We knew from the BEGINNING that this team was over-achieving.

I totally disagree. If we had LeBron on this team, he would be treated as the next coming of Christ.

:nonono: you should know better by now.
Lurking since '05
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#52 » by changes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 am

They're headed for a classic Colangelo retooling of shuffling randoms.

It will be enough to feed the masses though.
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#53 » by nitrous » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:52 am

I'm kind of skeptical as to what we can do because of the TV deal and the short term contracts players will want to sign in addition to the fact that we are a first round exit with cold weather. In Masai we trust though.

Return to Toronto Raptors