ImageImageImageImageImage

What we're experiencing now is not a new phenomenon

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Nils_the_Clean
Banned User
And1: 1,278

What we're experiencing now is not a new phenomenon 

Post#1 » by Nils_the_Clean » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:03 pm

This series has depressed me. So much so that I've begun thinking...

"WHY US?" "THIS KIND OF THING ONLY HAPPENS TO THE RAPTORS"

But when I take a step back and really, really think. This isn't the case at all.

Jordans early bulls teams lost multiple series's (3 straight first round exits, two by sweep), before finally getting over the hump and making some noise.

The Timberwolves took SEVEN FIRST ROUND losses before coming a few wins away from the finals.

GSW made the playoffs ONCE in SEVENTEEN YEARS before enjoying the success they currently enjoy.

The Hawks took 3 straight first round exits, now look at them.

Sure, these comparisons may seem contrived, they may seem glib, but it's just something to think about.

We WILL experience consistent winning at some point.

I know, we've been waiting forever, but it will happen
PrimoPastaLover
Banned User
And1: 493

Re: What we're experiencing now is not a new phenomenon 

Post#2 » by PrimoPastaLover » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Dude we are the Raps we don't do winning only first round exits
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#3 » by Tacoma » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:14 pm

No. We started playing well when Lowry started playing out of his mind and we slumped when Lowry slumped. It's not a coincidence, this team goes as Lowry goes. This team is not like MJ's Bulls, Garnett's Wolves or any of those other teams you mentioned. Lowry got his fat contract and has already started his decline and he is 30 next year.

So take off your fanboy glasses. If you think this Lowry led team is the start of something big, you're setting yourself up for more disappointment.
Cmike17
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,818

Post#4 » by Cmike17 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:19 pm

The manner in which we are losing is what makes this so tough to swallow. Last years team had heart. Every single game win or lose, we fought until the final buzzer. Since December this team has completely lost its identity.
Nils_the_Clean
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#5 » by Nils_the_Clean » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:38 pm

I know. I know.

I tried.
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 436

Post#6 » by dublo7 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:55 am

So true.
<sigh>
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
Zebsterama
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#7 » by Zebsterama » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:40 am

Cmike17 wrote:The manner in which we are losing is what makes this so tough to swallow. Last years team had heart. Every single game win or lose, we fought until the final buzzer. Since December this team has completely lost its identity.

This
J_Sky_G
Pro Prospect
And1: 854

Post#8 » by J_Sky_G » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:50 am

Main thing is all those teams, aside from having more talent than we do, switched up the coaches.

Need Casey to go now.
Shimso
Starter
And1: 2,703

Post#9 » by Shimso » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:52 am

Cmike17 wrote:The manner in which we are losing is what makes this so tough to swallow. Last years team had heart. Every single game win or lose, we fought until the final buzzer. Since December this team has completely lost its identity.

Remember "We the Fourth"? The start of the season had so much promise.... :banghead:

Even teams that should be getting blown out (NO, MIL, CHI) are putting up a better fight against MUCH tougher opponents than the Raptors are.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#10 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:02 am

Tacoma wrote:No. We started playing well when Lowry started playing out of his mind and we slumped when Lowry slumped. It's not a coincidence, this team goes as Lowry goes. This team is not like MJ's Bulls, Garnett's Wolves or any of those other teams you mentioned. Lowry got his fat contract and has already started his decline and he is 30 next year.

So take off your fanboy glasses. If you think this Lowry led team is the start of something big, you're setting yourself up for more disappointment.

Yeah look at Hawks.. Not even close to the same roster
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors