ImageImageImageImageImage

Ross sending a message...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

kayliecee
Veteran
And1: 3,505

Re: Ross sending a message... 

Post#181 » by kayliecee » Wed May 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Financials wrote:
kayliecee wrote:
Hendrix wrote:What the **** is wrong with this dude?

First off, he has the audacity to use quotes around the word "fans"? He sure has some brass ones on him to even imply for a second that we aren't fans of this team. The fans are the best thing about this organization, period. We turn out 10,000 people to stand outside the arena, scream our heads off if there is even the slightest thing to get excited over, have one of the biggest online followings in the league, and all this for a team that has produced one of the worst records in the league over the last 20 years. The guy that has a career 3.6 PER in the playoffs, doesn't get to call out the fans, sorry.

The problems he seems to be having a hard time wrapping his head around is that we are fans of the Toronto Raptors, which means we want the Toronto Raptors to win, and that's it. It doesn't mean we have to support every player that has ever donned a Toronto Raptors jersey. How we feel about Raefer Alston, or Arujo, or Bargnani, or Ross himself, has nothing at all to do with our fandom for the Raptors. If you, as a player, are part of the reason we aren't winning, then you are getting in the way of what a real fan should want. And, point blank, if we had a team full of players with Ross's level of talent, effort, and skill, we would be a heavy favorite to finish with the worst record in the league.

Winners, at any aspect of life, don't go looking for people to point fingers at when they come up short. They figure out what needs to be done, and then they do it.

This guy is pointing out that 5 years ago we weren't a playoff team? Is he serious? We won zero games in the playoffs.... Congrats on going from winning zero games in the playoffs because you didn't make the playoffs, all the way to, making the playoffs and winning zero playoff games. What an accomplishment!

Why in the world is he talking about fans holding a "championship or bust" line of thinking? Again, zero playoff wins. Does he know how much **** ing grey area there is between zero wins, and a championship? Where were all these fans that needed a championship to feel this was a successful season?

If this guy doesn't know why fans would be upset with a team that posted a losing record over the last 50 games of the season, and then got swept in the playoffs, then just let him go now, he doesn't have a clue. [/rant]

Well there are three types of fans. Regular fans who might get frustrated with their team but will defend them against trolls no matter what. Then there are bandwagon fans who don't support the team unless things are going well. And below that there are the fans who continually suggest trading and/or firing everyone. They have zero loyalty, they quote every negative they can find and revel in them with glee, they repeat negatives even when they are disproven, they applaud trolls and quote them and laugh along with them. These are what Ross refers to as "fans".

Kayliecee be the one posting all the #WeTheNorth comments on ross's IG. Stupid groupie. I swear fans like this must have just started watching when we signed Lowry or something, because if you been watching since the team was formed, you would know this fan base is easily the most idiotic, blind support giving, group of posters in the world.

You get so butt-hurt over "trolling"; you even reference it in your post, the highest level of fandom is defending your team from trolls. LOL. Newsflash, we troll because its better than being depresssed. This team will take years off your life if you take **** seriously.

Nah, even when they do well, the trolls are still there with their "fools gold" comments and making generalizations when they know nothing about when I started watching the Raptors. They are just miserable people who are never happy and they get plenty of and1s so they think they are normal.
John Gibbons: "I have to do what's best for these guys and not what some bozo on RealGM thinks." (Paraphrasing)
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#182 » by Neutral 123 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

LOL, the best regular season this franchise has ever had. That's a fact. Back to back. 5 years previously, no playoffs, that's a fact. He's right. All those Colangelo and Bargnani genital riders need to get on their hands and knees and thank these guys for what they've done.
kayliecee
Veteran
And1: 3,505

Post#183 » by kayliecee » Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

PD28 wrote:
Financials wrote:
kayliecee wrote:
Well there are three types of fans. Regular fans who might get frustrated with their team but will defend them against trolls no matter what. Then there are bandwagon fans who don't support the team unless things are going well. And below that there are the fans who continually suggest trading and/or firing everyone. They have zero loyalty, they quote every negative they can find and revel in them with glee, they repeat negatives even when they are disproven, they applaud trolls and quote them and laugh along with them. These are what Ross refers to as "fans".

Kayliecee be the one posting all the #WeTheNorth comments on ross's IG. Stupid groupie. I swear fans like this must have just started watching when we signed Lowry or something, because if you been watching since the team was formed, you would know this fan base is easily the most idiotic, blind support giving, group of posters in the world.

You get so butt-hurt over "trolling"; you even reference it in your post, the highest level of fandom is defending your team from trolls. LOL. Newsflash, we troll because its better than being depresssed. This team will take years off your life if you take **** seriously.

Three types of fans: Bandwagon fans - support only when the team is winning, and stay away from the team when things are going bad. Delusional Fans - support players (ex. Ross/Bargs) and coaches (ex. Casey) because they have an unusual obsession with them as individuals rather than looking for the betterment of the team. Real Fans - are willing to trade/fire players or coaches if it means we get better. This includes replacing really good pieces with greater ones.

So, what are "real fans" fans of? Not the players, obviously. Not the front office. What, the name of the team? I look at the Raptors as if they were my brother's little league team. They have my support and I hope they win. I may get frustrated with Ross or GV, but I'm not gonna troll them like I'm some fan from another team visiting the Raps forum. All these people who turn on virtually every single member of the organization except someone who isn't very involved like Bruno or bebe, but their time will come and they will get the same treatment. Very few real fans in here, just know-it-alls.
John Gibbons: "I have to do what's best for these guys and not what some bozo on RealGM thinks." (Paraphrasing)
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#184 » by Slim_Charles » Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Inevitable wrote:Ross responding two weeks late just like his defensive rotations.

DAMN! LOL! Comment of the year hahahahaha

Cheers
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,434

Post#185 » by Morse Code » Wed May 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:LOL, the best regular season this franchise has ever had. That's a fact. Back to back. 5 years previously, no playoffs, that's a fact. He's right. All those Colangelo and Bargnani genital riders need to get on their hands and knees and thank these guys for what they've done.

We've been eating from the garbage for so many years now, and they came in and teased us talking about a good meal. Then they took us to burger king.

Forgive me for not being a BK fan. Are you seriously ok with the success we've had over the last 2 years, sweep/home court and all?
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#186 » by Neutral 123 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Morse Code wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:LOL, the best regular season this franchise has ever had. That's a fact. Back to back. 5 years previously, no playoffs, that's a fact. He's right. All those Colangelo and Bargnani genital riders need to get on their hands and knees and thank these guys for what they've done.

We've been eating from the garbage for so many years now, and they came in and teased us talking about a good meal. Then they took us to burger king.

Forgive me for not being a BK fan. Are you seriously ok with the success we've had over the last 2 years, sweep/home court and all?

They've done nothing of the sort. Ujiri got rid of the two worst contracts on the team, and was about to get rid of Lowry, but the Knicks backed out. The moves, resulted in a team that meshed well and won games in a weak conference. A team that hadn't made the playoffs in 5 years, and you have an opportunity to make it, I think you take it. What makes anyone think that it's reasonable to go from a team with 5 years of no playoffs, and no stars to show from it, is two years removed from winning a title?

A reasonable expectation for this team would have been getting to the 2nd round. So yes, getting swept by the Wiz was disappointing, but at the same time, we are seeing that they are actually better than advertised. The only thing that might have the Hawks is that Wall is likely done for the playoffs.

I'd say a proper analogy is this team was dying of thirst in the desert, and then getting upset because the water Ujiri gave the team wasn't Voss or Perrier. That's ungrateful.

This core isn't going to win a title. Should Ujiri blow it up now, or possible squeeze another playoff year, and possibly see if a trade arises that allow them to bring in a true number one option? Do they start the rebuild now after a couple of fun years? That's a tougher call. But this clean house stuff with Casey and everyone on the roster is ridiculous.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#187 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed May 13, 2015 8:01 pm

s e n s i wrote:
tms wrote:
Financials wrote:cry me a **** river.

ross over drummond.

ross over **** drummond.

thats the day this franchise died for good.

i will never forget, for as long as i live, the feeling i had when they called terrance ross's name at the draft.

100-0 real quick.

good point. do you know another Drummond who's actually played in the playoffs? you must know of a Drummond who's played on a winning team... a Drummond who can stay on the floor in the 4Q bc he's not thee worst FT shooter in the history of the league . cry me a river, you say

ross hasn't played in the playoffs either so i'm not sure what your point is

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
EstSideTing
Freshman
And1: 157

Post#188 » by EstSideTing » Wed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm

RaptorsCity12 wrote:
TheWire wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Nothing was the same after that 51 point game.

You never know, he might have a Comeback Season!

When he gets traded, he'll be missing the Views From The 6.

He needs to play with more "Energy" next year and get more in "The Zone", or else Masai's going to have to trade him "Sooner Than Later".
Financials
Sixth Man
And1: 1,859

Post#189 » by Financials » Thu May 14, 2015 1:29 am

kayliecee wrote:
Financials wrote:
kayliecee wrote:

Nah, even when they do well, the trolls are still there with their "fools gold" comments and making generalizations when they know nothing about when I started watching the Raptors. They are just miserable people who are never happy and they get plenty of and1s so they think they are normal.

lol, when have we done well?

13 game bargnani? 25 game lowry?

**** franchise deserves all the **** talking.
RaptorsCity12
Sixth Man
And1: 2,899

Post#190 » by RaptorsCity12 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:53 am

EstSideTing wrote:
RaptorsCity12 wrote:
TheWire wrote:
You never know, he might have a Comeback Season!

He needs to play with more "Energy" next year and get more in "The Zone", or else Masai's going to have to trade him "Sooner Than Later".

Yes, and when it's 6PM in New York, almost game time, he needs to get Used To the fact that he can't defend for his life.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Re: Re: Ross sending a message... 

Post#191 » by JYD » Thu May 14, 2015 5:33 am

ishoy123 wrote:
Latrell wrote:I hate the 'It takes time" narrative that everyone in this org seems to be strongly pushing.

well it does

Yeah, once you have the talent. We're not even close there. Thinking this group can turn into a contender with time is ridiculous.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#192 » by dballislife » Thu May 14, 2015 7:34 am

well since ross is reading realgm, then, PLEASE ROSS FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD PLEASE IMPROVE FOR NEXT SEASON
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Sherdognba
Banned User
And1: 237

Post#193 » by Sherdognba » Thu May 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Says the soft teddy bear, **** outta here T Ross ! You softy
EstSideTing
Freshman
And1: 157

Post#194 » by EstSideTing » Thu May 14, 2015 9:23 pm

RaptorsCity12 wrote:
EstSideTing wrote:
RaptorsCity12 wrote:

Yes, and when it's 6PM in New York, almost game time, he needs to get Used To the fact that he can't defend for his life.

I think he'll come back next season as "The Man of the Year" but that will require him to be practising at "5am in Toronto". He'll have to "Come Real" next year or otherwise he might as well chase those "Material Girls" on instagram, because his development has been "The Furthest Thing" from perfect. But I guess that's just "The Motion".
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#195 » by curryking3 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Shut up, Ross.
RaptorsCity12
Sixth Man
And1: 2,899

Post#196 » by RaptorsCity12 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:39 am

EstSideTing wrote:
RaptorsCity12 wrote:
EstSideTing wrote:

I think he'll come back next season as "The Man of the Year" but that will require him to be practising at "5am in Toronto". He'll have to "Come Real" next year or otherwise he might as well chase those "Material Girls" on instagram, because his development has been "The Furthest Thing" from perfect. But I guess that's just "The Motion".

But then the fame will go to his head and he will think he's Successful but in reality, it's just Too Much for him. Also, he needs stop wasting 10 Bands in clubs and work on his game Forever.
Razorback
Sophomore
And1: 425

Post#197 » by Razorback » Mon May 18, 2015 1:34 am

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/2kBnzLpF3q/[/instagram]
ROFLFLFLF tross a savage
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,470

Post#198 » by PD28 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:36 am

kayliecee wrote:
PD28 wrote:
Financials wrote:

Three types of fans: Bandwagon fans - support only when the team is winning, and stay away from the team when things are going bad. Delusional Fans - support players (ex. Ross/Bargs) and coaches (ex. Casey) because they have an unusual obsession with them as individuals rather than looking for the betterment of the team. Real Fans - are willing to trade/fire players or coaches if it means we get better. This includes replacing really good pieces with greater ones.

So, what are "real fans" fans of? Not the players, obviously. Not the front office. What, the name of the team? I look at the Raptors as if they were my brother's little league team. They have my support and I hope they win. I may get frustrated with Ross or GV, but I'm not gonna troll them like I'm some fan from another team visiting the Raps forum. All these people who turn on virtually every single member of the organization except someone who isn't very involved like Bruno or bebe, but their time will come and they will get the same treatment. Very few real fans in here, just know-it-alls.

Just because some of us can look at the big picture and not get too attached to individual pieces does not mean that we are the same people who troll players on Twitter and such. IMO some of us do our best to be objective in wanting what's best for the team while others are overly infatuated with individuals. At the end of the day we all want the team to do well but only some of us are okay with making tough decisions for the betterment of the team.
Darknemo2000
Veteran
And1: 1,685

Post#199 » by Darknemo2000 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:41 am

Again, Ross shoul;d shut up, cause the only time he finished inside, he ended up paying for the child support.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#200 » by omar36 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:14 am

Razorback wrote:[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/2kBnzLpF3q/[/instagram]
ROFLFLFLF tross a savage

after the guy said how ross was pathetic, this was his response :lol:
dude more passionate on IG then on the court sometimes

Return to Toronto Raptors