ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolstat: Jesse Mermuys (like Bayno) on tenuous ground

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,885

Re: Wolstat: Jesse Mermuys likely next to be let go 

Post#21 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:41 am

dagger wrote:So Mermuys wasn't next to go.

Yet...
TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,085
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Re: Wolstat: Jesse Mermuys (like Bayno) on tenuous ground 

Post#22 » by TheDoctor » Tue May 19, 2015 2:45 am

Title fixed.
Raptors Season Ticketholder since the 2000 playoffs, through all the lows... build to the championship high... to Tampa and back again.
RIP The Hater - we miss you.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#23 » by refshateRaps » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 am

The Newsman wrote:Jesse Mermuys likely next to go

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/600476803048800256[/tweet]

Wolstat nailed it. How is the Assistants faults there was no accountability? Isnt that the Head Coach?

Or are we saying Lowry, Demar, GV, & Lou are all un-coach-able?
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#24 » by Clutch Carter » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 am

chuckdevlin wrote:Brunos career not ruined??????????

I was going to update my Summer League Mermuys sigs. :( First Sterner now Jesse and still Casey remains.... worst off-season ever.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#25 » by Volcano » Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 am

is this turnover rate normal?

are we going to get better assistant coaches now..assuming they would be willing to come here and be fired shortly afterwards
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#26 » by Bankai » Tue May 19, 2015 2:53 am

Who wants to work under Casey anyhow? Especially since how many Assistant Coaches were blamed and then canned under Casey's tenure so far?
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#27 » by Inevitable » Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 am

So next seasons assistant coaches will have one season of job security. Real enticing position to want.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#28 » by C_Money » Tue May 19, 2015 3:07 am

I think the only reason Casey is still here is because of his contract. MLSE is cheap and they don't want to pay 2 coaches.
MFS
Analyst
And1: 5,327

Post#29 » by MFS » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 am

Happy Victoria Day on a Monday turning to a NFL like Black Monday for coaches getting fired. Apparently, Mermuys helped DeRozan break down film and become aware of situations on the court. Improvement could be seen last two years. But he deserves to get fired for allowing Bruno to get posterized in Summer League damaging his confidence and making him now 3 years away from being 2 years away.
Credit to Turbo_Zone

Casey again says, "I don't think someone dominated us, I wouldn't use that word."
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#30 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:26 am

TheDoctor wrote:Because I'd heard it from him last week?

He said it was expected? When exactly?

And because it wasn't finalized yet? But he was hearing Bill and Jesse were the two most likely to be gone?

The assistants were already feeling aggrieved that they heard it first from the media that the team was looking to replace some of them. To have the specific names out there would be a slap in the face.

If Wolstat reports that it's expected Bayno is going to be fired it's just doing his job. I don't see how that's a problem.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#31 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue May 19, 2015 3:29 am

I don't get this "JV hasn't made big enough strides" non sense.

He's still so young, and he's been very efficient, actually. He's never properly used, his teammates barely pass to him, his coach absolutely hates him.... yet, despite all of this crap, he puts up really good numbers.

What are people exactly expecting from him?

When BC picked him, everyone hated the selection cause he was another "euro".

Then when he plays well for his first 3 seasons we expect him to be A franchise C? He's not that. He's a very good C, a borderline all star in his prime, but people expect him to be this elite C at this stage.

If anything, Jonas has surpassed my expectations already because I was one of those morons who hated the thought of having another euro on my team because of the Bargnani experiment. He's been awesome. And has been better than Bargnani was, in his first 3 seasons too. And Bargnani was someone I had really high hopes for. Much larger expectations.

I'm sick of the JV hate that has no validity to it. But hey, what else should i expect from Wolstat...
Thank you Clutch0z24
HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Post#32 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Tue May 19, 2015 4:40 am

Inevitable wrote:So next seasons assistant coaches will have one season of job security. Real enticing position to want.

The vast majority of assistants in the NBA are on one or two year contracts and they don't make a ton. Tyronn Lue is the biggest exception - highest paid assistant in professional sports and a contract for 3 years plus a team option on a 4th. Basically he's being paid like a rookie head coach because he was a runner up for that position.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#33 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue May 19, 2015 8:11 am

Jesse should have been first on the chopping block imho.
Credits to Jstock12
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#34 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:I don't get this "JV hasn't made big enough strides" non sense.

He's still so young, and he's been very efficient, actually. He's never properly used, his teammates barely pass to him, his coach absolutely hates him.... yet, despite all of this crap, he puts up really good numbers.

What are people exactly expecting from him?

When BC picked him, everyone hated the selection cause he was another "euro".

Then when he plays well for his first 3 seasons we expect him to be A franchise C? He's not that. He's a very good C, a borderline all star in his prime, but people expect him to be this elite C at this stage.

If anything, Jonas has surpassed my expectations already because I was one of those morons who hated the thought of having another euro on my team because of the Bargnani experiment. He's been awesome. And has been better than Bargnani was, in his first 3 seasons too. And Bargnani was someone I had really high hopes for. Much larger expectations.

I'm sick of the JV hate that has no validity to it. But hey, what else should i expect from Wolstat...

People seem to forget that bigmen take years to develop...Timmy D being one of the rare exceptions.
Credits to Jstock12
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#35 » by vi3t » Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 am

HoopAndTheHarm wrote:
Inevitable wrote:So next seasons assistant coaches will have one season of job security. Real enticing position to want.

The vast majority of assistants in the NBA are on one or two year contracts and they don't make a ton. Tyronn Lue is the biggest exception - highest paid assistant in professional sports and a contract for 3 years plus a team option on a 4th. Basically he's being paid like a rookie head coach because he was a runner up for that position.

I remember a lead assistant, not a big name, giving up his 800k salary because he had to relocate due to health issues in his family
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#36 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Yeah, but didn't Bayno leave on his own volition, and wasn't it Sterner canned next and not Murmeys?
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,276

Post#37 » by orbesnet » Tue May 19, 2015 3:30 pm

C_Money wrote:I think the only reason Casey is still here is because of his contract. MLSE is cheap and they don't want to pay 2 coaches.

I find that hard to believe.

The $'s they'd make if we made it past the first round would make his contract look like a lousy tip.
Pascal to the future.
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,276

Post#38 » by orbesnet » Tue May 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Bottom line is that none of this makes sense. The team sh*tting the bed in the playoffs doesn't fall on the assistant coaches' collective shoulders. KL's injury aside the second half of the season just smells of DC's inability to run the show with any real creativity.

Hopefully these guys all find jobs elsewhere, what a bad burden to carry... ESCAPE GOAT for DC.
Pascal to the future.
WeTheNorth77
Sixth Man
And1: 2,865

Post#39 » by WeTheNorth77 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:20 pm

C_Money wrote:I think the only reason Casey is still here is because of his contract. MLSE is cheap and they don't want to pay 2 coaches.

If they were cheap they wouldn't have fired the other two assistant coach's. Seems like MLSE wants Casey around for the time being. Probably don't see a better coach to replace him as of right now.
BrunoSkull you the real MVP

Return to Toronto Raptors