ImageImageImageImageImage

15/16 - The Mind, Body & Soul of Kyle - Are you scared?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,181

Post#1 » by djsunyc » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:25 pm

from the way our roster is shaping up this offseason, we still have one more big move for PF - and then probably filler to round out the bench. with all that said...we look to be entering next season relying on kyle lowry to be our main creator, engine and a big part of the scoring.

kyle's history with us:

12/13 - starter, hurt, lost spot to jose, beef with casey
13/14 - about to be dumped, turns season around, plays like beast, signs new contract
14/15 - plays like mvp, gets hurt, beef with casey, sh ts the bed from jan - apr

his performance is basically going to dictate our season next year...and we put ourselves in this spot.

mind - will he play nice with casey and his teammates?
body - will he be able to play 35+ mins a night considering his backup is a rookie?
soul - will he be the engine that could or will he be a divisive force?

are you scared? or are you optimistic?
2pat
Rookie
And1: 1,335

Re: 15/16 - The Mind, Body & Soul of Kyle - Are you scared? 

Post#2 » by 2pat » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:32 pm

I did a couple of complete 180's with Kyle. From wanting him gone, to thinking he's the MVP, to wanting him gone again. Upon careful reflection, I realize I did a 360! lol I truly think the key with him is the weight. He gained weight over Christmas last year and played like **** afterwards. If he's in shape, I might do another 180, or at least a 90. The truth is, with the limited amount of moves we made this off-season, we are hugely dependent on him. If he **** the bed, expect the same results as the second half of last season. I've lost all confidence in him.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Post#3 » by Yallbecrazy » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:39 pm

Always loved him from day one, does so many things well including all the little things+ getting the ball to where it needs to go on offence + just setting up good plays to run. Even when he isn't shooting he's doing other stuff
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#4 » by RedX » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:40 pm

Nope.
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#5 » by vancityballer » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:43 pm

2pat wrote:I did a couple of complete 180's with Kyle. From wanting him gone, to thinking he's the MVP, to wanting him gone again. Upon careful reflection, I realize I did a 360! lol I truly think the key with him is the weight. He gained weight over Christmas last year and played like **** afterwards. If he's in shape, I might do another 180, or at least a 90. The truth is, with the limited amount of moves we made this off-season, we are hugely dependent on him. If he **** the bed, expect the same results as the second half of last season. I've lost all confidence in him.

I think you've spun so many times that you're overly dizzy. The off season is in its first stages. We haven't seen the finished product of this squad. Saying that we'll rely heavily upon KL or saying he'll even be a Raptor is purely prognosticating and you can't think it smart to do that at this point.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#6 » by 7 Footer » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:52 pm

After his putrid performance in the playoffs, I have no idea what to expect. He's like a ticking time bomb, one moment he'll play like a MVP, other time he'll completely **** the bed.
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#7 » by curryking3 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:04 pm

My concern level is 6/10 at the moment........

We'll see if it goes up or down in pre-season lol.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#8 » by Inevitable » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:08 pm

As it stands right now its concerning we are relying on such a volatile player for success.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#9 » by JYD » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:17 pm

Quite scared. He could right himself a bit, but I wouldn't be sitting on him long, besides he's not a guy you build around with his age and talent level. I don't want this to happen:

knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,455

Post#10 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:18 pm

I would be less concerned if Lowry was humbled by his failure in the playoffs and was prepared to turn a new leaf in the upcoming season.

All past behavior suggests he is hard headed individual who is unlikely to get on the same page as management. If he is not moved this offseason, there is a very good chance team falls apart early on, and we are forced to sell him 20cents on the dollar.
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#11 » by 7 Footer » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:25 pm

JYD wrote:Quite scared. He could right himself a bit, but I wouldn't be sitting on him long, besides he's not a guy you build around with his age and talent level. I don't want this to happen:

Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWO3C7n7apg[/youtube]

:lol:
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#12 » by HomieOmey » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:27 pm

Lowry and DD are taking the role superstars like VC and Iverson saw some success with, but neither Lowry or DD are at that level offensively. Even as a duo, they are a bit too inconsistent. I do not understand why are giving such control and responsibility to these two guys. If Masai is not prepared to trade some of our youth and/or picks to get better, I'm not quite sure why he chose to move forward with this core.
TurboZ
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#13 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:42 pm

He retweeted a fist that said Fact: loyalty is everything - so that can only be positive, right?
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#14 » by teamLeiweke » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:48 pm

I was incredibly unimpressed with him as soon as Demar came back and how he took time off and did what he wanted and then wasn't ready for playoffs and then threw his coach under the bus publically after his terrible post season performance.

Having said that I don't think he likes losing, and I think he is gonna have a turn around good year. He respects Masai, and they will have a sit down, and he will be on his best behaviour as long as they are winning.

He is already saying stuff like he loves Toronto, it is home, he does not want to leave. He fears being dealt to a terrible situation if he doesn't clean up his act. Team called his bluff, didn't fire casey, and I think he knows he better smarten up.

But Raptors need to do a better job managing him over the course of the long season, and not running him into the ground. I hope they can get a solid veteran PG.

We'll see..
Liberal
Assistant Coach
And1: 97

Post#15 » by Liberal » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:49 am

Mind - He will get along with Casey because Masai has added to this team in ways that accomodates Casey and his style, but if he wants to leave town then he will stir the pot some more.

Body - I think Masai will get a quality backup (hoping Cory Joseph) so Kyle can play 30mpg max all out without worrying about injuries but he has to come back in shape. Fat Kyle turned up in middle of the season.

Spirit - I am hoping that the Junk Yard Dogs hard working and tough minded mentality will rub off not only on Kyle but the rest of the team. Hopefully DeMarre can get these guys to stop pouting like little bihotches.

With all that said, im still not all that optimistic about Kyle but I hope im wrong.

[F] Spicy P : Khem : Precious
[F] Scottie : Boucher
[F] OG : Scottie
[G] GTJ : Freddy
[G] Freddy : Banton : Flynn
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#16 » by Dr Octagon » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:57 am

Set your expectations low.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#17 » by Double Helix » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:00 am

The narrative of Lowry being crap or mailing it in post all Star break from January through April simply isn't true. A closer look at his injuries last season alleviated a lot of worry I had and reminded me that prior to his back issue he was rounding back into form.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#18 » by dballislife » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:08 am

lowry really has to play his role better, hes literally not great/elite at any basketball skill, but hes good at all those basketball skills...he just needs to keep playing within himself, keep doing everything out there cus he does em all well, he was forcing stuff and trying to do too much by himself last year, only the top offensive players in this league can do that

the flow of the offense starts with ur PG, and he was dribbling by himself way too much, part of it has to do with our lack of overall movement on offense but still, both these aspects need to improve for this coming season
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#19 » by Patman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:10 am

I've pretty much accepted that what we've seen from Kyle is who he will always be. He can range from scrub to MVP candidate.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#20 » by will » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:13 am

Fatty needs some help in the back court though. Real talk.

Return to Toronto Raptors