ImageImageImageImageImage

DeMar DeRozan Drew League Highlights

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,379

Re: DeMar DeRozan Drew League Highlights 

Post#261 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:20 am

Choker wrote:The problem with DeRozan's game is that he's not a quick enough decision maker. Last offseason Casey revolved the offense around a scoring guard who could be presented a plethora of options at his disposal. We saw how badly that turned out, DeRozan had one of the worst stretches I've seen from him in a while. The responsibilities on his shoulders was way too much for him to handle. It can be a beautiful thing to watch though in the hands of someone who makes quicker decisions, like when Lowry was slotted as the shooting guard with Vasquez at point. Lowry shredded defenses apart. I'll never forget that game in Utah where he destroyed them in almost every way imaginable. He attacked with conviction, which is something DeRozan doesn't do often.

There are small seams in the gap of the defenses that the truly great scorers exploit that allows them to wreck havoc to the defense. Often times I see DeRozan missing these gaps because he doesn't act quick enough, and the opportunity dwindles and closes on him, and the offense stagnates and he falls back on what he feels like is the best course of action at the moment, the long jumper.

I'm not even saying that DeRozan is slow, but to multi task and have a million things processing in your head and timing your decisions accordingly is not easy for any individual to handle. DeRozan functions well with a reduced role because he can focus on those things rather than worry about ten other things all at the same time. I've seen him look smooth and composed when he doesn't have to be the main guy on the team, like on Team USA. There he was told to just be a playmaker and opportunistic scorer and in the few minutes he got he looked fantastic doing exactly that.

Exactly what I was getting to in my point above. The longer he has the ball, and the more dribbles he employs, the lower his efficiency becomes.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#262 » by Kabookalu » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:56 am

ForeverTFC wrote:Exactly what I was getting to in my point above. The longer he has the ball, and the more dribbles he employs, the lower his efficiency becomes.

I just read your entire post now and you basically said what I said with actual numbers to back it up lol.
Read on Twitter
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,075

Post#263 » by kieferli » Mon Aug 3, 2015 8:13 pm

PurpleTrees wrote:
Courtside wrote:
PurpleTrees wrote:Stop being ridiculous, you know damn well Demar is not scoring under 20 ppg this season. There are no "more efficient" options on the team, he's our best scorer and will rightfully be given the green light.

Do you even understand what efficiency means in this context? Demar is typically the 3rd, 4th or 5th most efficient guy on the floor for us when he's playing. Half of our roster is more efficient than he is. He gets his numbers only with the benefit of volume opportunities, and more often than not, it's bad for us as a team if his volume is high.

You people really have to learn to look behind PPG as something meaningful.

Yes i do understand what efficiency means in this context or in any context. I dont think you do though, and thats not your fault because you clearly have an agenda that you dont even realize. Other guys on the team who appear to be more efficient than Demar and Lowry are more efficient because of the attention that they bring which opens up shots for others. If you dont understand or dont acknowledge the fact that this affects efficieny, then we cant have a conversation about this issue.

If he have more help like Cleveland , Houston he will look like superstar too . All this best player ppls compare him 2 have at least 2 really good player around them. If he play with LBJ he will be super efficiency. DD is good player just not LBJ those super star level . When he is the team best player other team will be focuse on him . That why his other teammate more efficiency than he is. Some fans just know how to look the stats they have no idea what it is.
Credit:Clutch0z24
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#264 » by Ponchos » Mon Aug 3, 2015 8:44 pm

kieferli wrote:
PurpleTrees wrote:
Courtside wrote:Do you even understand what efficiency means in this context? Demar is typically the 3rd, 4th or 5th most efficient guy on the floor for us when he's playing. Half of our roster is more efficient than he is. He gets his numbers only with the benefit of volume opportunities, and more often than not, it's bad for us as a team if his volume is high.

You people really have to learn to look behind PPG as something meaningful.

Yes i do understand what efficiency means in this context or in any context. I dont think you do though, and thats not your fault because you clearly have an agenda that you dont even realize. Other guys on the team who appear to be more efficient than Demar and Lowry are more efficient because of the attention that they bring which opens up shots for others. If you dont understand or dont acknowledge the fact that this affects efficieny, then we cant have a conversation about this issue.

If he have more help like Cleveland , Houston he will look like superstar too . All this best player ppls compare him 2 have at least 2 really good player around them. If he play with LBJ he will be super efficiency. DD is good player just not LBJ those super star level . When he is the team best player other team will be focuse on him . That why his other teammate more efficiency than he is. Some fans just know how to look the stats they have no idea what it is.

Why did Kevin Love's efficiency go down when he was paired with LeBron?
raptors3
Sophomore
And1: 264

Post#265 » by raptors3 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 10:05 pm

Ponchos wrote:
kieferli wrote:
PurpleTrees wrote:Yes i do understand what efficiency means in this context or in any context. I dont think you do though, and thats not your fault because you clearly have an agenda that you dont even realize. Other guys on the team who appear to be more efficient than Demar and Lowry are more efficient because of the attention that they bring which opens up shots for others. If you dont understand or dont acknowledge the fact that this affects efficieny, then we cant have a conversation about this issue.

Probably because his game became more perimeter oriented to create more space for LBJ and the fact that they needed time to gel.
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#266 » by Ponchos » Mon Aug 3, 2015 10:09 pm

raptors3 wrote:
Ponchos wrote:
kieferli wrote:

Probably because his game became more perimeter oriented to create more space for LBJ and the fact that they needed time to gel.

Or maybe just maybe the "logic" that DeMar would become supremely efficient if paired with LeBron is just BS.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#267 » by Kabookalu » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:08 am

Ponchos wrote:
raptors3 wrote:
Ponchos wrote:

Or maybe just maybe the "logic" that DeMar would become supremely efficient if paired with LeBron is just BS.

If you're gonna go down that route, why not mention Kyrie Irving who's had his most efficient season yet? Mozgov too. Smith had his most efficient season in 7 years. Shumpert had his second most efficient year to date with Cleveland.

I'm not even arguing that DeRozan would excel alongside LeBron since he doesn't fill out the requisites of a LeBron ball perimeter player, a guy that can camp out and shoot 3 pointers, though Kevin Love doesn't prove your argument. His massive fall off has a lot to do with him grudgingly accepting that he isn't the main man anymore. When he's not getting touches in the post he pouts and his effort declines for a few possessions, until he gets his head out of his ass again.

Kevin Love's game is built to be a super second option, though his mind hasn't caught up yet. Once it does, if it ever does, him and LeBron pick and rolls are going to be deadly.

Read on Twitter
raptors3
Sophomore
And1: 264

Post#268 » by raptors3 » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:24 am

Choker wrote:
Ponchos wrote:
raptors3 wrote:Probably because his game became more perimeter oriented to create more space for LBJ and the fact that they needed time to gel.

If you're gonna go down that route, why not mention Kyrie Irving who's had his most efficient season yet? Mozgov too. Smith had his most efficient season in 7 years. Shumpert had his second most efficient year to date with Cleveland.

I'm not even arguing that DeRozan would excel alongside LeBron since he doesn't fill out the requisites of a LeBron ball perimeter player, a guy that can camp out and shoot 3 pointers, though Kevin Love doesn't prove your argument. His massive fall off has a lot to do with him grudgingly accepting that he isn't the main man anymore. When he's not getting touches in the post he pouts and his effort declines for a few possessions, until he gets his head out of his ass again.

Kevin Love's game is built to be a super second option, though his mind hasn't caught up yet. Once it does, if it ever does, him and LeBron pick and rolls are going to be deadly.

Lol, where did Demar come from. I was simply trying to answer your question about why Loves efficiency took a dip. But if you are talkin about Demar and LBJ, I don't see why anyone playing with Lebron wouldn't be at a advantage to up their efficiency. As Choker mentioned a vast majority of players that have played with Lebron have had the best seasons in their career in terms of efficiency. So even though its not guaranteed, chances are Demar would too.

Return to Toronto Raptors