ImageImageImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica ? Could have been a Raptor...but signed by the Wolves

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

AceKobe
Junior
And1: 48

Nemanja Bjelica ? Could have been a Raptor...but signed by the Wolves 

Post#1 » by AceKobe » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:36 pm

I honestly think he will be a good NBA player. Im wondering what you guys think about him and how his game will translate to the NBA. He is a former Euro League MVP who has extended range at the 3, very mobile for his size, can drive off the dribble and defence is good from what i've read in other reports and watching him in games / highlights. Im not sure about his rebounding which along with the speed of the game is his biggest question mark to becoming a solid NBA player. He is still relatively young at 27 and has a lot of Euro League experience under his belt. He would have fit in well with the city and other players on the team who are around the same age. He will definitely challenge for a starting PF spot on the wolves. Karl Anthony Towns is not ready to start and he projects to be more of a centre. Thoughts?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_BAwTjmXE[/youtube]
Kobe Mvp 4 Life. (Kobe Finals MVP)>
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Re: Nemanja Bjelica ? Could have been a Raptor...but signed by the Wolves 

Post#2 » by navyblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:50 pm

was signed by the wolves because his rights were held by the wolves.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#3 » by Northface82 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Inflymous
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#4 » by Inflymous » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:53 pm

scrub
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

Post#5 » by Risk101 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 pm

The only PF European Prospect I have hope for is Dragan Bender and only because Choker has been hyping him up the last 2 months.
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Post#6 » by Ganan23 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:55 pm

TOR_97
Starter
And1: 2,660

Post#7 » by TOR_97 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Trash
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#8 » by pbj » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Bjelica was drafted by the Washington Wizards with the 35th pick of the 2010 NBA draft. His draft rights were then traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves.[3]

Hope he does well, haven't had any decent Serbs in the league for a while now
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#9 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Can't believe we missed out on this RPS (role playing scrub) with so much potential.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Steve Urkel
Analyst
And1: 2,446

Post#10 » by Steve Urkel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Without question Towns will start. Do you really think this older, less talented player will start? Who do you think is coaching? Casey?

I also think Dieng should start.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#11 » by ruckus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:17 pm

How could he have been a Raptor? We didn't draft him, we didn't trade for his rights. We traded our 2nd round pick that year to Miami so, I doubt he was even on our radar.
Eating a Book
General Manager
And1: 2,333

Post#12 » by Eating a Book » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Steve Urkel wrote:Without question Towns will start. Do you really think this older, less talented player will start? Who do you think is coaching? Casey?

I also think Dieng should start.

Reports are out saying KG will start. I'm guessing with Towns beside him, but I haven't read anything that suggests as much -- only the KG thing.
@terriblejazz
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,765

Post#13 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:08 pm

ruckus wrote:How could he have been a Raptor? We didn't draft him, we didn't trade for his rights. We traded our 2nd round pick that year to Miami so, I doubt he was even on our radar.

This. Wolves drafted him and had his rights all these years.
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#14 » by changes » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Could he "have been ours" only because he is trash? Unless I'm missing something as to how he is related to this team?
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#15 » by Thespianoid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:16 pm

Risk101 wrote:The only PF European Prospect I have hope for is Dragan Bender and only because Choker has been hyping him up the last 2 months.

Bender is a ridiculous prospect. Probably my favorite in a long while. The cream of Croatia's young prospect crop.

As for international PF prospects, Isaiah Hartenstein (Germany) as well. Though I think he's technically an American citizen (born in Oregon)?
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
Thespianoid
RealGM

Post#16 » by Thespianoid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

changes wrote:Could he "have been ours" only because he is trash? Unless I'm missing something as to how he is related to this team?

He's not related to the Raptors. His rights have been owned by the Wolves all this time.

Also he's not as trash as people like to think. Cmon now. Not calling you out, but those people above that just post "scrub" and "trash" simply because they haven't heard any sort of HYPE about him or just look at his stats and make a complete value judgement from there. I can never understand... :crazy:

He'll probably be, at the very least, a good bench playmaking 4. If he'll be more than that remains to be seen. Could easily be possible for a young Wolves team.
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
changes
Head Coach

Post#17 » by changes » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Thespianoid wrote:
changes wrote:Could he "have been ours" only because he is trash? Unless I'm missing something as to how he is related to this team?

He's not related to the Raptors. His rights have been owned by the Wolves all this time.

Also he's not as trash as people like to think. Cmon now. Not calling you out, but those people above that just post "scrub" and "trash" simply because they haven't heard any sort of HYPE about him or just look at his stats and make a complete value judgement from there. I can never understand... :crazy:

He'll probably be, at the very least, a good bench playmaking 4. If he'll be more than that remains to be seen. Could easily be possible for a young Wolves team.

Don't take it personally. I call most role players/bench warmers trash in relation with this team. It's the last thing they need yet the thing they pursue most. Was curious if there was any other reason he might be related to us other than being a total non difference maker (unless you think he is, in which case lets agree to disagree).
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,765

Post#18 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:30 pm

Guy is kinda like Garbajosa, but with better playmaking ability, and who can actually dunk. Good guy to have. He had that glue guy potential for years, but he made a transition from SF to PF and had a break out season.
Thespianoid
RealGM

Post#19 » by Thespianoid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:32 pm

changes wrote:
Thespianoid wrote:

Don't take it personally. I call most role players/bench warmers trash in relation with this team. It's the last thing they need yet the thing they pursue most. Was curious if there was any other reason he might be related to us other than being a total non difference maker (unless you think he is, in which case lets agree to disagree).

Bjelica could be a difference maker. Really difficult to gauge how his game will translate to the NBA. He could be very good as a new NBA 4, especially with his playmaking/slashing.

Curious why you call role players trash? They're valuable in many ways. Certainly not trash.

changes
Head Coach

Post#20 » by changes » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Thespianoid wrote:
changes wrote:
Thespianoid wrote:

Bjelica could be a difference maker. Really difficult to gauge how his game will translate to the NBA. He could be very good as a new NBA 4, especially with his playmaking/slashing.

Curious why you call role players trash? They're valuable in many ways. Certainly not trash.

Probably something to do with watching this team being littered with role players in the last 15 years, and trying to fix their problems by adding more role players to support their current role players.

Return to Toronto Raptors