ImageImageImageImageImage

Basketball Insiders: Raptors "have not entertained" DeRozan trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Re: Basketball Insiders: Raptors "have not entertained" DeRozan trade 

Post#21 » by Slim_Charles » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:43 am

DJ_RnC wrote:What kind of GM doesn't at least entertain offers for his players? I'm not saying look to actively trade him but you should hear other teams out and see what they would be willing to offer...

A member of a core that got swept and embarrassed in the season should not be untouchable in trade discussions...

Maybe this article is made up and trying to start a fire from nothing
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#22 » by Flight33 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 7:45 am

Raptor "fans" smh...
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#23 » by cammac » Sat Aug 1, 2015 7:56 am

Masai will get offers for most of the players on the team.
He has pulled the trigger on good advantageous deals Bards, Salmons, Novak & Vasquez for the Raptors. He would look at every possible trade on how it would impact the team in the future. Plus I don't see DeMar getting a Max type contract I see him like Monta Ellis who with all the crazy salaries signed for 10.5 million exactly what DeMar is making. Yes DeMar will likely get more but can' see him getting a Carroll type contract.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=derozde01&p2=ellismo01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
I'm definitely not a DeMar fanboy but a realist what he brings to the team and I believe if the right deal to improve the team He would trade any of the team.

To many people get on high horses and make outrageous statement without having a clue.
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#24 » by JWiLL02 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:17 am

Some of you guys act like Masai is ignoring phone calls and other GMs are out there cooking up big deals to acquire DeMar. There's little chance either of those are happening.

Right now is the wrong time to trade DeMar anyway. I'm sure he'll be listening come February.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#25 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:27 am

This article is complete and utter bull. We all know that Masai doesn't tell the media anything when it comes to trades/free agents. Of course he's going to entertain the idea of trading anyone on the roster. Anyone bashing Masai because of this fabricated piece needs to shut up.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: 

Post#26 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:31 am

Flight33 wrote:Raptor "fans" smh...
It's mind boggling....most of the time I find myself shaking my head instead of praising this fanbase...very disappointing.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,662

Post#27 » by Zeno » Sat Aug 1, 2015 10:15 am

It always amazes me how some folks around here quickly transition from suspect media report to solid undeniable fact in a matter of seconds.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#28 » by Gold Dragon » Sat Aug 1, 2015 10:44 am

I would say the article's position is pretty consistent with what we have been seeing out of the Raptors organization. While fans want to trade DD to "upgrade" the talent, the organization has no desire whatsoever to do so. Unless something blows them away, they are not moving him.

I agree that DeRozan is a flawed player and may not be the best use of max type money. But you don't actively shop guys at that level who are a valuable piece to your team. That is not the same as saying he is untouchable.
Naija Boy
Banned User
And1: 2,242

Post#29 » by Naija Boy » Sat Aug 1, 2015 10:47 am

Idk why people are calling this BS. During the early days of FA we were hearing reports (including one from Stein) that DeRozan was actively involved in recruiting during free agency for the Raptors. That doesn't seem like somebody who's on the chopping block to get traded.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#30 » by teamLeiweke » Sat Aug 1, 2015 11:47 am

The posters here make me nauseous with your over the top certainly about what is right regarding this team and your over the top hate of Demar.

Demar is an NBA all star and gets invites to Team USA basketball.

Masai is universally accepted in the basketball world as an elite GM.

You post on an online forum. Get over yourselves.
PurpleTrees
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,044

Post#31 » by PurpleTrees » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:16 pm

Good news, even though most of us were already aware of this. Demar isn't going anywhere and will be the first raptor jersey retired in the acc.
TOR_97
Starter
And1: 2,660

Post#32 » by TOR_97 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:20 pm

DeRozan get mentioned

Does this guy even proofread his ****? Lol
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#33 » by dacrusha » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:24 pm

teamColangelo wrote:The posters here make me nauseous with your over the top certainly about what is right regarding this team and your over the top hate of Demar.

Demar is an NBA all star and gets invites to Team USA basketball.

Masai is universally accepted in the basketball world as an elite GM.

You post on an online forum. Get over yourselves.

Completely agree.

DD is going to get his max contract next summer and be a Raptor for a while to come.

Only one scenario sees us dealing him away: if for some reason we crash and burn this season, he'll may be a trade deadline player.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
TOR_97
Starter
And1: 2,660

Post#34 » by TOR_97 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:26 pm

DeRozan is never going to lead a championship team. Is he even a top 25 NBA player atm? I know this article is BS but I hope Drake is working his magic with KD for next year if this is really the case.
RealRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 893

Post#35 » by RealRapsFan » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:39 pm

People actually thought Derozan was being shopped? Are these people who actually follow the team because:

The guy was part of the recruitment process, and "small ball" line ups that included him (eg. Carroll, Mathews, Derozan) were being sold to attract players. On top of that, Masai blamed the team's collapse on Demar's injury.. as if missing 20 games, where the team actually had the same record (slightly better actually), a marginally smaller point differential, and played at a slower pace (despite Masai's claim the team playing faster was the issue and that carried over for the next half of the season :roll: ) was all the difference....

The only people who I can imagine would believe such a thing are Masai fan boys who refuse to believe Masai could be making such on obvious mistake. The guy is the freakin' face of the franchise.... yeah I know full well he shouldn't be, but he is.... I'd be absolutely shocked if he was moved. Just as shocked if he isn't signed for a max deal. (full disclosure: hope I'm wrong as can be)

and really, what is a Raptors team without at least one significant contract not worth a fraction of the cost? Rose, O'neil, Hedo, Bargnani, Gay.... strange how its only in the moments before/after those contracts the team is actually not sh*t! it's almost as if player's deals can handcuff teams.....
Optimism Bias is the tendency of individuals to underestimate the likelihood they will experience adverse events. Optimistic bias cannot be reduced, and by trying to reduce the optimistic bias the end result was generally even more optimistically biased
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,485

Post#36 » by dagger » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:55 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:Just because you call yourself a basketball insider doesn't mean you are one.

Actually, Steve Kyler is the one guy at that site who has some cred with teams and agents and probably has built up some decent contacts - at least good enough to offer legitimate perspective. Don;t shoot the messenger because you don't like the message.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,485

Post#37 » by dagger » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:58 pm

The presumption that DeRozan is going to get a max contract under the new cap originated as a "whisper" heard by Ryan Wolstat, who is less well connected than Steve Kyler, let alone a Stein or Wojnaroski. Then again, some of you would freak out if DeRozan signed for the mid-level exception. You tend to be the same people who think Norman Powell is headed to the Hall of Fame.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Naija Boy
Banned User
And1: 2,242

Post#38 » by Naija Boy » Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:16 pm

dagger wrote:The presumption that DeRozan is going to get a max contract under the new cap originated as a "whisper" heard by Ryan Wolstat, who is less well connected than Steve Kyler, let alone a Stein or Wojnaroski. Then again, some of you would freak out if DeRozan signed for the mid-level exception. You tend to be the same people who think Norman Powell is headed to the Hall of Fame.

Lol good call on this such a double standard.

Wolstat (who knows **** all about what's going on with the team) puts a 2 liner in his article about how DD is going to be looking for the max, and everyone thinks with certainty that DD is getting the max and he needs to go.

Then we have Kyler from BB Insider, who is much more reputable saying that DD is not someone the Raps are actively looking to trade and people are saying it isn't credible. Absolutely hilarious double standard.
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#39 » by changes » Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:23 pm

It's hilarious that all of Ujiris moves are made to squeek into the playoffs and generate some extra revenue, and most people support him, but when it comes to Derozan people expect something totally different like not giving out a mediocre contract or trading for the future. Lol.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,695

Post#40 » by Yallbecrazy » Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:38 pm

Raps Maniac wrote:I call BS on this article.
To get DeRozan, you’d have to offer a ton and the Raptors are not exploring that

There is no way Masai is that stupid.

Maybe Masai is smarter than the 75% of idiots on this forum that think DD isn't a star

Return to Toronto Raptors