ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Are Raptor fans loving David Price?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Re: OT: Are Raptor fans loving David Price? 

Post#101 » by SHFT » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:
teamColangelo wrote:I would say the Jays have their own following, but after more than 20 years out of the post season, and dreaming of the Joe Carter glory years, and how much they have been teased by inconsistent winning teams the past few seasons, they are desperate and very excited about having their best chance in two decades to get back to the playoffs.

Obviously a lot Raptors fans support everything that is Toronto as well tho. I know I do.

There is a lot of Blue Jay fever right now in the city after the moves they made. And their hard core following as well as most Torontonians are beginning to really embrace the team and get excited about baseball again this season.

Ps - Congrats on the title and retaining Draymond. Was so happy u beat the Cavs. Chef Curry with the pot is real nice :)

Thanks....I would love nothing more than to see you guys rise up and knock the Cavs legs out from under them next season.

Those Joe Carter days were something special. I believe you guys (the Jays) have a legit shot at a title this season.

LOL you don't have to rub it in our face :lol: :lol:

jokes...I am not really a baseball fan but the buzz they have generated is definitely exciting and I look forward to the playoffs. The raps have a more hardcore fanbase but the Jays are more popular right now IMO.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#102 » by SHFT » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:39 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
VC720 wrote:jays fans a super casual, when the team sucks they barely sell tickets. raptors fans support win or lose.

The Jays average 29,000 fans per game.

The Rogers Centre only looks empty because it seats nearly 50,000. Baseball is also a sport with less mainstream appeal than basketball.

Hey I know this a mad late response and obviously the #s now are way different but was that tickets sold or tickets scanned (the 29k per game)? Serious question.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#103 » by almatic » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:50 am

SHFT wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
teamColangelo wrote:I would say the Jays have their own following, but after more than 20 years out of the post season, and dreaming of the Joe Carter glory years, and how much they have been teased by inconsistent winning teams the past few seasons, they are desperate and very excited about having their best chance in two decades to get back to the playoffs.

Obviously a lot Raptors fans support everything that is Toronto as well tho. I know I do.

There is a lot of Blue Jay fever right now in the city after the moves they made. And their hard core following as well as most Torontonians are beginning to really embrace the team and get excited about baseball again this season.

Ps - Congrats on the title and retaining Draymond. Was so happy u beat the Cavs. Chef Curry with the pot is real nice :)

Thanks....I would love nothing more than to see you guys rise up and knock the Cavs legs out from under them next season.

Those Joe Carter days were something special. I believe you guys (the Jays) have a legit shot at a title this season.

LOL you don't have to rub it in our face :lol: :lol:

jokes...I am not really a baseball fan but the buzz they have generated is definitely exciting and I look forward to the playoffs. The raps have a more hardcore fanbase but the Jays are more popular right now IMO.

I'm sorry, I literally grew up with the Raptors, was 6 when they started playing.... but I'd never say the Raptors fanbase is more "hardcore" than the Jays.

1. What is your context in using the word "hardcore" anyway? The Jays have old people as fans... some that listen religiously to games on the radio. That's pretty 'hardcore'. Heck I used to have a female friend who was the definition of a "hardcore" Blue Jays/baseball fan who would even go down to Florida during the spring to check out some spring training!

2. There are way too many 'crossover' fans... considering they're both Toronto sports teams, to call one fanbase more "hardcore" than the other is preposterous. It's not like the Raptors/Leafs where a lot of the fans 'clash' because basketball & hockey are such different sports & the chance for a divide is greater since their leagues start & end around the same time.
Many Raptor fans resent the Leafs, and it's tough to catch a Raptor game at a bar since the Leafs will usually be on over it if there's the option. The Jays don't have that problem in the summer.

3. Why can't Toronto sports fans just be rabid in general? I hate when these arguments come out over Raptors/Leafs/Blue Jays fans debating who is the 'most rabid' or 'hardcore' lol. Each fanbase has their fair share die-hards, hardcores, and fairweather fans.

All that being said... go Jays!
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,238

Post#104 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:52 am

SHFT wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
VC720 wrote:jays fans a super casual, when the team sucks they barely sell tickets. raptors fans support win or lose.

The Jays average 29,000 fans per game.

The Rogers Centre only looks empty because it seats nearly 50,000. Baseball is also a sport with less mainstream appeal than basketball.

Hey I know this a mad late response and obviously the #s now are way different but was that tickets sold or tickets scanned (the 29k per game)? Serious question.

I believe it's tickets sold.

That number is up to 34,000 now (7th in MLB). The Jays have also routinely been drawing 2 million+ TV ratings. For comparison, the Raptors are happy when they crack 200,000.

Return to Toronto Raptors