ImageImageImageImageImage

Our 2016 and 2017 draft picks. Which ones can we trade?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Re: Our 2016 and 2017 draft picks. Which ones can we trade? 

Post#41 » by deeps6x » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:13 am

Dukenukem23 wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:huh? whats wrong with Bruno and Wright?

Dukenukem23 wrote:I'm not too confident in Masais drafting abilities, so wouldn't mind dealing a pick or two for a sure thing.

What has either done so far to be good picks? I'm not saying wright wasn't a good pick yet either since he hasn't played an NBA game yet. I think I've seen enough of Bruno to say we had better options however.
FTR, I think Masai is a great Gm. I just question his drafting abilities so far in Toronto.

Well, what have the so called better options accomplished so far?

What have James Young, Tyler Ennis, Gary Harris, Mitch McGary, Jordan Adams, and Rodney Hood done in the league so far? About the same as Bruno. (the three players picked before and after Bruno fwiw)

Plus, Bruno is 15 to 46 months younger than these players.

You can say there were better options, but so far, the options picked in his range by the pro scouts/team GMs have all been about equally bad. At least Bruno has 2-3 years of further development ahead of him before he can truly be called a bust.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Post#42 » by Dukenukem23 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 am

deeps6x wrote:
Dukenukem23 wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:huh? whats wrong with Bruno and Wright?

What has either done so far to be good picks? I'm not saying wright wasn't a good pick yet either since he hasn't played an NBA game yet. I think I've seen enough of Bruno to say we had better options however.
FTR, I think Masai is a great Gm. I just question his drafting abilities so far in Toronto.

Well, what have the so called better options accomplished so far?

What have James Young, Tyler Ennis, Gary Harris, Mitch McGary, Jordan Adams, and Rodney Hood done in the league so far? About the same as Bruno. (the three players picked before and after Bruno fwiw)

Plus, Bruno is 15 to 46 months younger than these players.

You can say there were better options, but so far, the options picked in his range by the pro scouts /team GMs have all been about equally bad. At least Bruno has 2-3 years of further development ahead of him before he can truly be called a bust.

I touched on this in a previous post in this thread. I think we would have been better to draft Capela who looked really good in the western conference finals. Even a defensive stopper like KJ would have been a better pick. I'm not saying this in hindsight either. I had both those guys in my sig well before the 2014 draft.

I should also mention,although not on my list, Rodney Hood has looked very good so far. Leaps and bounds beyond Bruno.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#43 » by djsunyc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:47 am

do any of you think the knicks could make the playoffs this year?
rapsrapsraps
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#44 » by rapsrapsraps » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:28 am

So with the knicks pick this year, does that mean we have 2 first round picks this year and next year?
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#45 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:45 am

rapsrapsraps wrote:So with the knicks pick this year, does that mean we have 2 first round picks this year and next year?

yes
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#46 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:47 am

JV + picks for DMC....bring Cous home

Return to Toronto Raptors