ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: If We Retained Whiteside Would You Have Been Opposed To Moving Jonas?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Would You Keep Jonas?

No
64%
Yes
36%

Total votes: 74

RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Re: OT: If We Retained Whiteside Would You Have Been Opposed To Moving Jonas? 

Post#41 » by RIP Kobe » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Lol if you think he would actually get playing time
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#42 » by djsunyc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:06 pm

i'd rather have mr. brightside...
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#43 » by Kabookalu » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:44 pm

NeoDragonKnight wrote:I would like to see Whiteside for one more season before making a decision on how good he is, I don't have doubts on his natural ability, but I have doubts about his work ethic after getting a contract. 1 good season for a new player can be deceiving as teams do not have him properly scouted yet, and this coming year you can bet teams will adjust their game plans for him. Just look at our history with these 1 season wonders like Jamario Moon, T Ross, who were both gifted athletically and had a great season each, but once properly scouted the next year, they became far less because their BBall iq were very low to compensate and adjust, though admittedly they were still good enough to be rotation players. Maybe Whiteside can continue his stats but I will give it another season, I hope he does do well though.

His attitude is the only reason I'd be tentative about him. For someone that got booted out of the league, he really feels entitled. When he finally broke out he went about it in a "it's about damn time people noticed me!" instead of a "I'm just thankful for every opportunity I've been given," way. Even when he was being humble and grateful I felt off about it.
Read on Twitter
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#44 » by agentzero2010 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:30 am

we didn't so who cares. its like saying if we drafted Iguodala instead of Arujo would you have been opposed to moving DeMar, its kind of a stretch but you get the point
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#45 » by deeps6x » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:14 am

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Whiteside is getting to the point where people over rate him now.

He was good for small stints last year, it's hard to declare him the next big thing when we really don't know if he can maintain his level of play for a number of years. There is a very reasonable chance he regresses or that he can't stay healthy... dude is always getting injured.

Three months of solid play is just too small of a sample size, he could just end up being a flash in the pan still.

True enough. He could be a flash in the pan. But if he is taking the 1 yr QO and becomes a UFA next season, (and of course IF he can repeat his performance for a full season) then he is going to get PAID next summer. MAX offers galore, and maybe then, we will have been better off doing what we did having kept JV and his much smaller contract (potentially) in a couple years.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#46 » by Kabookalu » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 am

Do people even know how he was injured last season? It was because he opened up his hand after it hit the rim. He was in and out of games because of that one injury where the Heat jerked him around because they didn't know if they wanted him to play through it or heal, not several injuries throughout the season like some are inferring here. People are acting like he has chronic knee problems.

Read on Twitter
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#47 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:52 pm

I know he had a few stitches in his hand in the second half of the season, but he had injuries comming out of training camp with them I thought (thigh injury?).

He also had a reoccurring ankle injury for a good portion of the year.

It looked like a bunch of nagging things he had trouble playing through.

Quick look:

03/25/2015
Right hand laceration

03/07/2015
Sore ankle

02/06/2015
Sprained right ankle

01/21/2015
Sprained right ankle

Thats just the reported stuff.

Return to Toronto Raptors