ImageImageImageImageImage

Poll: What is your second favorite sport?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

What is your second favorite sport?

Basketball
12%
Baseball
23%
Hockey
11%
Football
15%
Soccer
25%
Cricket
1%
Rugby
2%
Curling
2%
Tennis
7%
Golf
3%

Total votes: 130

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,633

Poll: What is your second favorite sport? 

Post#1 » by C_Money » Sat Oct 3, 2015 6:56 am

For me it's soccer but only because I was really into the 2014 World Cup and then now I watch it all the time and play all the FIFA games.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Re: Poll: What is your second favorite sport? 

Post#2 » by RaptorNews » Sat Oct 3, 2015 7:05 am

Baseball, especially now that the Jays are godly

Used to love hockey but now it does nothing for me. I follow the Bills very casually.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#3 » by Scott Hall » Sat Oct 3, 2015 7:44 am

Baseball...I was a kid with my dad at Game 6 of the 1993 World Series when Joe Carter hit the famous Home Run.
It's amazing basketball and the Raptors were able surpass it for me at times.

For the people that don't like baseball or don't get it watch the Jays in the playoffs where every pitch matters
your nerves will be shot and you''ll see the brilliance of the sport. Also love all the strategy of the game compared
to sports like soccer and hockey.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#4 » by Boogie! » Sat Oct 3, 2015 8:01 am

Scott Hall wrote:Baseball...I was a kid with my dad at Game 6 of the 1993 World Series when Joe Carter hit the famous Home Run.

For the people that don't like baseball or don't get it watch the Jays in the playoffs where every pitch matters
your nerves will be shot and you''ll see the brilliance of the sport. Also love all the strategy of the game compared

i actually grew up a baseball fan originally and it was the first sport i ever played and was good at. as a kid pro baseball player was one of my answers when adults asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up. it wasnt until i eventually stopped playing and the VC era raptors that i stopped following baseball and started following the raptors instead. the jays being **** for a while didnt help either and i find basketball is an easier sport to watch even when the team isnt doing well... when youve got scrubs out there with nothing to play for in a baseball game its just hard for me to keep interest. though during the **** raptors years near the end of the season i began to stop giving a **** as well. i guess in basketball theres less players to keep track of and one big acquisition can really change the outcome of your team, plus theres so many more teams that make the playoffs that you always have a chance to be competitive.

that being said, this new found jays success has reinvigorated the baseball fan inside of me and ive found myself watching games other than jays games as well. (though ill admit most of it has been to keep track of the other teams the jays were fighting for playoff positioning.)
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#5 » by Boogie! » Sat Oct 3, 2015 8:12 am

another great thing about baseball is that any team can win on any given night. so in the playoffs anything can happen and every play matters. its not like basketball where if you have a stacked team you almost always win. and other than some strike zone issues theres no real reffing bias... in basketball the refs can literally call bs if they feel like it and control the pace of the game. seriously theres so many instances in the sport where you can debate an inconsistent call which can change the momentum of the game completely. in baseball its either you play well or you don't. though ill admit the strike zone does play a huge part in the sport i dont think it can really shift outcome as much as things like phantom calls and star calls and holding the whistle for certain players but not others.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,766

Post#6 » by UcanUwill » Sat Oct 3, 2015 8:31 am

I mostly just watch Basketball and F1, tho I am just casual F1 fan at best. Watch Soccer from time to time, but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#7 » by Scott Hall » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:20 am

Boogie! wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Baseball...I was a kid with my dad at Game 6 of the 1993 World Series when Joe Carter hit the famous Home Run.

i actually grew up a baseball fan originally and it was the first sport i ever played and was good at. as a kid pro baseball player was one of my answers when adults asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up. it wasnt until i eventually stopped playing and the VC era raptors that i stopped following baseball and started following the raptors instead. the jays being **** for a while didnt help either and i find basketball is an easier sport to watch even when the team isnt doing well... when youve got scrubs out there with nothing to play for in a baseball game its just hard for me to keep interest. though during the **** raptors years near the end of the season i began to stop giving a **** as well. i guess in basketball theres less players to keep track of and one big acquisition can really change the outcome of your team, plus theres so many more teams that make the playoffs that you always have a chance to be competitive.

that being said, this new found jays success has reinvigorated the baseball fan inside of me and ive found myself watching games other than jays games as well. (though ill admit most of it has been to keep track of the other teams the jays were fighting for playoff positioning.)

I'm the same as you man except replace baseball with hockey. During that 95-96 expansion season I was hooked
instantly watched every game and followed Stoudamires ROY chase against Stackhouse and Joe Smith daily in the
Toronto Star. Man do I miss the New VR lol I can watch anybody play basketball and not be bored. Hell I watched
a big chunk of the Nuggets vs Clips preseason game tonight .

I became so disgusted with the Leafs and how they were run that they started to turn me off the sport.
The Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Roy, Bourque, Sakic etc era was starting to slowly fizzle out and the new
generation of guys like Joe Thorton and Rick Nash bored me and I found the NHL regular season boring
compared to the NBA.

Now I've gotten back into it the last few years a bit and still love Playoff Hockey and Olympic hockey.
The Regular season with their stupid point system and always changing divisions pisses me off. I'm still
not used to the home teams not wearing white either.

As for baseball it never really over lapped with the NBA season so it never got affected by it. I just love
the history of the game I love being in the AL East and going into the Bronx or Fenway on a rainy windy
September day. I love ball parks like Wrigley and San Frans and Pittsburghs. I also played it as a kid and
it was my best sport and loved all those great baseball movies in the late 80's and early 90's.
Jonn
RealGM
And1: 19,076

Post#8 » by Jonn » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:31 am

1. Baseball
2. Basketball
3. Hockey
4. Football
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#9 » by gei » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:48 am

1. Baseball - and I'm not a bandwagon Jays fan... I have always called the Jays my favourite team.
2. Basketball.
Everything below this I follow during the playoffs or if there is nothing else on TV, but don't really care about.
tms
Veteran
And1: 2,110

Post#10 » by tms » Sat Oct 3, 2015 10:59 am

Scott Hall wrote:I became so disgusted with the Leafs and how they were run that they started to turn me off the sport.
The Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Roy, Bourque, Sakic etc era was starting to slowly fizzle out and the new
generation of guys like Joe Thorton and Rick Nash bored me and I found the NHL regular season boring
compared to the NBA.

Now I've gotten back into it the last few years a bit and still love Playoff Hockey and Olympic hockey.
The Regular season with their stupid point system and always changing divisions pisses me off. I'm still
not used to the home teams not wearing white either.

hockey rubs me the wrong way bc of all the attention. even when theres nothing to report they jam it in your face- the Cdn business interests in keeping the sport top of mind are relentless, as if theyr trying to perpetuate an addiction. i dont have any supporting data but i feel in the last 5-10 yrs hockey has been far less popular yet has never received more media coverage. too often seems unwarranted, just like NHLs expansion into the dirty south. it bugs me when preseason puck kicks off Sportscentre, for ex. the interplay btwn Demand & Supply does not always reflect free market economics ... like we.re all trapped in a cage... but i enjoy being in here with you . pls pass the crackers man lol
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,887

Post#11 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 11:54 am

Favourite? As in non American spelling?

X Games or Downhill ski racing.
Reg00
Starter
And1: 1,402

Post#12 » by Reg00 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:18 pm

Team sports In order of preference:

1- Basketball by a long shot. A real long shot. I could watch high school basketball and enjoy it more than hockey on most nights.
2- Soccer. Played it all my life, World Cup is the greatest sporting spectacle in the world.
3- Baseball. Played 3rd base as a kid, wished I was a pitcher. Pitcher/batter relationship one of the most interesting things in sport.
4- Hockey. Can't skate. Fast game. A lot of goons. Not as much character which is why you get forced personalities like Cherry.
5 - Football. Very slow. More time is spent waiting on play then actual play. All my Steeler quarterbacks are **** right now.
5'11 Point Forward
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#13 » by sweetcity » Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:34 pm

Basektball
Golf
Football
Baseball

in that order, i hate hockey outside of World Jr's, Olympics, and Connor McDavid
BrunoSkull
RealGM
And1: 110,436

Post#14 » by BrunoSkull » Sat Oct 3, 2015 2:03 pm

Hockey is my second favorite sport to play because I used to play it everyday after school with my friends but baseball grew on me as I got older and it's been my current second favorite to watch.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#15 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Oct 3, 2015 2:07 pm

No Combat sports?? No track?? Its difficult to make a list as generic as this with so many different perspectives.

MMA would be my second favorite sport, Boxing also in the top 5.

Great card tonight.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#16 » by TheMainEvent » Sat Oct 3, 2015 2:11 pm

To follow and watch, baseball. I've been a baseball fan since about... 2000?

To play, football. Then golf.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#17 » by Hero » Sat Oct 3, 2015 2:36 pm

It's actually tennis for me.

It used to be soccer but then I moved and had nobody to talk to or watch it with or even a channel to watch it on.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#18 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:19 pm

1. Basketball
2. football
3. Soccer
4. Hockey
5. Baseball

There's a huge drop in my interest after football, I really only watch soccer when its tfc or Barcelona/ Madrid/Bayern but even then it can get boring cause I just want to see a goal.
If its the world cup then that easily moves to 1st though.
Hockey I like just cause constant action going on,
I seriously can't watch baseball for too long find it to stale like nothing ever happens, Even though I play baseball in a league over summer
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#19 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:26 pm

Mine is baseball. It will be a blessed year for me when both teams make a splash in the playoffs this year.
Credits to Jstock12
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#20 » by Bankai » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:32 pm

Basketball is actually my second favourite. First is MMA, and Third is Soccer.

Return to Toronto Raptors