ImageImageImageImageImage

At point do we admit that the bench is TERRIBLE

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Re: At point do we admit that the bench is TERRIBLE 

Post#81 » by Rapcity_11 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:53 am

thunderforce wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
thunderforce wrote:The part that sucks the most is that Masai will evaluate until the season is over and not address anything .

Right. Let's ignore the fact that he made a blockbuster trade 15 games after he took over the franchise. That was in mid season.

I would be shocked if he did anything hell this guy lives on the fence , ever since he got here he still hasen't told us if he is rebuilding , going for it , or just retooling . He seems to want to do all at once and if you try to do everything at once you tend to do it all half assed .

I'll never understand why people expect GM's to tell them anything relevant. Why the **** would they?
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#82 » by thunderforce » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:09 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
thunderforce wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Right. Let's ignore the fact that he made a blockbuster trade 15 games after he took over the franchise. That was in mid season.

I would be shocked if he did anything hell this guy lives on the fence , ever since he got here he still hasen't told us if he is rebuilding , going for it , or just retooling . He seems to want to do all at once and if you try to do everything at once you tend to do it all half assed .

I'll never understand why people expect GM's to tell them anything relevant. Why the **** would they?

He did say we would never be a treadmill team under him was that relevant ? Funny ever since then that's exactly what we have been .
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#83 » by Rapcity_11 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:13 am

thunderforce wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
thunderforce wrote:I would be shocked if he did anything hell this guy lives on the fence , ever since he got here he still hasen't told us if he is rebuilding , going for it , or just retooling . He seems to want to do all at once and if you try to do everything at once you tend to do it all half assed .

He did say we would never be a treadmill team under him was that relevant ? Funny ever since then that's exactly what we have been .

Doesn't mean anything, nope.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#84 » by Volcano » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:06 am

bench is fine..the core isn't and we're missing a starting PF
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#85 » by HornetJail » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:29 am

How's my boy Bismack doing?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#86 » by Ponchos » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:33 am

I was told that losing Lou would be addition by subtraction.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#87 » by Oakville_Raptor » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:42 am

People are comparing Terrence Ross to Tim Thomas now? Yes Thomas didn't live up to the hype but at least put together a few good seasons in the NBA...Terrence most likely won't even be in the league anymore when his undeserving contract runs out in 3 years.
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#88 » by curryking3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:44 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:How's my boy Bismack doing?

Getting blamed for the bench problems on this team :lol:

Not from me though... I still like him... but apparently Raptors think he is meant to play offence :D
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#89 » by HornetJail » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:51 am

curryking3 wrote:

Not from me though... I still like him... but apparently Raptors think he is meant to play offence :D

His offense is 100% setting screens and getting offensive rebounds. I noticed that he's magically become a very good foul shooter though- he showed significant improvement halfway through last season, but yeah his offense is basically set screens and GTFO. How's his defense?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#90 » by curryking3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:32 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
curryking3 wrote:

His offense is 100% setting screens and getting offensive rebounds. I noticed that he's magically become a very good foul shooter though- he showed significant improvement halfway through last season, but yeah his offense is basically set screens and GTFO. How's his defense?

I've liked his defense so far in general, it's been quite good. He's had some good blocks.

He seems to have a bit of trouble defending much taller skilled bigs, but other than that he seems to be doing fine. Pretty good help defender too, I think he's altered a lot of shots based on my eye test...

Offensively he's also grabbed a ton of boards, really nice activity there. Just the Raptors seem to think passing to him is a good idea down low, but he's not a finisher.... so he's getting quite a lot of "butterfingers" hate for this :P

I bet someone here disagrees so take this all for face value :wink:

But I still like his signing :)
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#91 » by HornetJail » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:34 am

curryking3 wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
curryking3 wrote:Getting blamed for the bench problems on this team :lol:

I've liked his defense so far in general, it's been quite good. He's had some good blocks.

He seems to have a bit of trouble defending much taller skilled bigs, but other than that he seems to be doing fine. Pretty good help defender too, I think he's altered a lot of shots based on my eye test...

Offensively he's also grabbed a ton of boards, really nice activity there. Just the Raptors seem to think passing to him is a good idea down low, but he's not a finisher.... so he's getting quite a lot of "butterfingers" hate for this :P

I bet someone here disagrees so take this all for face value :wink:

But I still like his signing :)
Yup that's pretty much what he was here, and something we sorely lack right now :lol:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#92 » by Scott Hall » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:42 am

At what point do we admit the core is TERRIBLE?

Its not the bench players constantly choking and not closing out games

Return to Toronto Raptors