ImageImageImageImageImage

2016 Offseason Trades / Signings Idea Thread V2.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Re: 2016 Offseason Trades / Signings Idea Thread V2.0 

Post#1841 » by chuckdevlin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Lowry + Bebe + #26
for
Lyles + Burks + #11

Sign Demar for less than max.
Raise Carrol + DDs value and trade during midseason

JV/Lyles/Carrol/DD/Joseph
BB/PPat/Powell/Ross/Wright
JT/#11/nyk-den/caboclo/burks
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Offseason Trades / Signings Idea Thread V2.0 

Post#1842 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:03 am

chuckdevlin wrote:Lowry + Bebe + #26
for
Lyles + Burks + #11

Don't know if I would go for that. Burkes looks like he would be a expensive shooting guard especially when we have Powell, Ross and DeRozan plus I don't think Wright is a capable NBA backup right now. This would be taking Toronto from a 1-3 seed to a 7+7 seed possibly a team that misses the playoffs and has a lot of money invested in DeRozan and Carroll with no clear direction.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#1843 » by TheGoodDoctor » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:12 am

Trade our pick for Covington and see if we can replace Scola with Motiejunas, I'm sure he's going to be cheaper with that back fiasco. In a dream world let DeMar walk and use the money on Horford instead

Lowry/CoJo/Wright
Powell/Ross (depends if DeRozan is back)
Carroll/Covington/Luwawu
Horford (near max him)/Patterson/DMo
JV/Biyombo

Even if we didn't get Horford, we'd make it the 2nd round.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,572

Post#1844 » by AbC? » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:29 am

for
Lyles + Burks + #11

I like this.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#1845 » by ciueli » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:41 am

AbC? wrote:
for
Lyles + Burks + #11

I like this.

This will never happen. DeMar will get a max deal and he won't sign here if we trade away Kyle Lowry, he'll sign in LA. In addition, NBA teams don't usually give away young up and coming players for a guy on a 1 year contract.

If we're trading Kyle the trade that makes sense is to the Lakers. They're desperate to get better immediately, and it's clear they intend to offer DeMar a 4 year max in the offseason. They could trade Russell for Kyle with the understanding that it means they'll be able to guarantee signing DeMar as a free agent.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1846 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:19 am

for
Lyles + Burks + #11

This works for me. Draft Jackson with one of those picks to battle with Cojo and Wright for starting point guard duties. Take Luwawu with the other. Lyles essentially plays the rile Scola played before he tired out and his production fell off a cliff. I'd we can't re-sign Demar I'm perfectly fine with it. I like Powell at shooting guard. With JV and Lyles in the frontcourt we need our backcourt to at least be above average defensively.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#1847 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:13 pm

DeRozan to $90-100M/5yrs
Ross, Joseph, Bebe & 9th for Horford at $92M/4yrs
Valanciunas for Bradley, Jerebko, BKN 2017 1st & late first, Jerebko for Carter
Bruno + late first for Covington
2 late first for Dieng
Sessions to BAE, Biyombo to full MLE.

Lowry/DeRozan/Carroll/Horford/Dieng
Sessions/Bradley/Covington/Patterson/Biyombo
Wright/Powell/Carter

Dinosaur Championship
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1848 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:19 pm

There was a idea on the trade and transaction board (in the Chicago Bulls Blowup #8 thread) of #9 + Joseph for Nikola Mirotić and #14. I don't really know how to feel with this one. On one hand you have Joseph who is a hometown kid and has stepped up in the playoffs and is a very good slasher for a point guard and you are trading the better pick on the other hand your getting Nikola Mirotić who may fit with Jonas Valančiūnas long term but who do we take with The Bulls pick? Valentine? LaVert? a power forward project?
|llsT oNe
Starter
And1: 165

Post#1849 » by |llsT oNe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:There was a idea on the trade and transaction board (in the Chicago Bulls Blowup #8 thread) of #9 + Joseph for Nikola Mirotić and #14. I don't really know how to feel with this one. On one hand you have Joseph who is a hometown kid and has stepped up in the playoffs and is a very good slasher for a point guard and you are trading the better pick on the other hand your getting Nikola Mirotić who may fit with Jonas Valančiūnas long term but who do we take with The Bulls pick? Valentine? LaVert? a power forward project?

Mirotic is a pretty uneven player although he got hot late, I'd rather keep the 9th and Cory personally.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1850 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:35 pm

|llsT oNe wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:There was a idea on the trade and transaction board (in the Chicago Bulls Blowup #8 thread) of #9 + Joseph for Nikola Mirotić and #14. I don't really know how to feel with this one. On one hand you have Joseph who is a hometown kid and has stepped up in the playoffs and is a very good slasher for a point guard and you are trading the better pick on the other hand your getting Nikola Mirotić who may fit with Jonas Valančiūnas long term but who do we take with The Bulls pick? Valentine? LaVert? a power forward project?

Mirotic is a pretty uneven player although he got hot late, I'd rather keep the 9th and Cory personally.

That is my only thing he is either very good or very cold plus is a RFA after next year and may want a massive pay day in the $15-$17+ million range. This is a very average draft at best I think after #10 the talent pool really drops off in a big way
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#1851 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:41 pm

If we're trading for a young PF for the long term I'd rather go ahead with Lyles. Not a perfect fit with JV defensively, but he has a ton of skill. Very good 3 point shooter, especially for a 20 year old rookie and has solid handles for a big. I'd think our late first and Delon would get it done as Utah still has a weak point guard rotation.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1852 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:DeRozan to $90-100M/5yrs
2 late first for Dieng

Wright/Powell/Carter

Dinosaur Championship

Seems very, very unrealistic. Why would Toronto trade Valančiūnas for a pick next year without seeing what Brooklyn does first. If Brooklyn strikes out on every good name free agent then I take that risk to get Josh Jackson, Giles or Tatum.

If we kept DeRozan, Jonas Valančiūnas and got Horford why wouldn't we just pair them together? I also very much doubt that Minny wants to stockpile more picks esp at the price of Dieng. He seems like a keeper to pair with KAT and to learn a ton from KG.

PG: Lowry/Wright/FA
SG: DeRozan/Powell/Ross
SF: Carroll/Ross/Bruno
PF: Horford/Patterson/Carroll
C: Valančiūnas/Biyombo/Horford

That lineup is improved from this years and has potential to reach 60+ wins and we could use Ross + Bruno + our pick and The Clippers picks to build a better bench
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1853 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:18 pm

ciueli wrote:
AbC? wrote:
for
Lyles + Burks + #11

I like this.

This will never happen. DeMar will get a max deal and he won't sign here if we trade away Kyle Lowry, he'll sign in LA. In addition, NBA teams don't usually give away young up and coming players for a guy on a 1 year contract.

If we're trading Kyle the trade that makes sense is to the Lakers. They're desperate to get better immediately, and it's clear they intend to offer DeMar a 4 year max in the offseason. They could trade Russell for Kyle with the understanding that it means they'll be able to guarantee signing DeMar as a free agent.

Russell has baggage but I would do it. LA = Clarkson/Lowry/Derozan Q the Christmas cards.

Cory slides in easily as interim pivot. I think they would owe us a pick though. It would be a very Danny Ainge like move. I'd convert Wright to shooting guard and keep Powell at the 3.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#1854 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
2 late first for Dieng

Wright/Powell/Carter

Dinosaur Championship

Seems very, very unrealistic. Why would Toronto trade Valančiūnas for a pick next year without seeing what Brooklyn does first. If Brooklyn strikes out on every good name free agent then I take that risk to get Josh Jackson, Giles or Tatum.

If we kept DeRozan, Jonas Valančiūnas and got Horford why wouldn't we just pair them together? I also very much doubt that Minny wants to stockpile more picks esp at the price of Dieng. He seems like a keeper to pair with KAT and to learn a ton from KG.

That lineup is improved from this years and has potential to reach 60+ wins and we could use Ross + Bruno + our pick and The Clippers picks to build a better bench

it's highly unrealistic. can't I have a moment lol

but the reason why your suggestion doesn't work is because we simply can't afford it. DeRozan resigned, Carroll, Horford and Val is optimistically ~ $73M. Add Ross and Biyombo at the MLE and we're looking at around $90M with a Lowry and Patterson deal coming next year. We simply can't afford it so someone has to go. I don't know if Minny is willing to let go of Dieng to be honest but if I knew I could get him and get Bradley, an expiring deal and a 2 firsts for Val, I probably pull the trigger. Unless Brooklyn brings in a star via FA (and I don't know why a star would sign there but lets go with it) then that's still a lottery pick.

Anyway, point I'm trying to make is we need to shave salary somehow and that's the best way I can think of doing it. Capitalizing on guys like Covington who are on cheap deals and consolidating some of our expensive lesser talent into more expensive better talent. We don't have capspace to sign guys outright so moves like these are about our only option.

Or blow it up and start over.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,864

Post#1855 » by deeps6x » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:50 pm

I think it would have to be Valentine with the Bulls pick. But I wouldn't do it. I don't want to let CoJo go. Package 2Pat instead and look for another backup PF. Plus, bring back JT (AND USE HIM TONIGHT INSTEAD OF SCOLA)
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#1856 » by deeps6x » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:52 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:If we're trading for a young PF for the long term I'd rather go ahead with Lyles. Not a perfect fit with JV defensively, but he has a ton of skill. Very good 3 point shooter, especially for a 20 year old rookie and has solid handles for a big. I'd think our late first and Delon would get it done as Utah still has a weak point guard rotation.

I like Lyles. But damn, if we can't count on Lowry in the playoffs, I don't want to give up Wright. I'd rather look to expand the trade and package Lowry for something.

Can Lowry get us Murray?
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#1857 » by deeps6x » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:56 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:Trade our pick for Covington and see if we can replace Scola with Motiejunas, I'm sure he's going to be cheaper with that back fiasco. In a dream world let DeMar walk and use the money on Horford instead

Lowry/CoJo/Wright
Powell/Ross (depends if DeRozan is back)
Carroll/Covington/Luwawu
Horford (near max him)/Patterson/DMo
JV/Biyombo

Even if we didn't get Horford, we'd make it the 2nd round.

I'd do #27 for Covington.

I don't think we get DMo for what we were paying Scola this year. JT is probably cheaper this summer. Cheaper and healthier.

In your dream world, DD would have to want to go to Atlanta and do a S&T deal to get Horford back. Short of that, we'd have to trade a bunch of players, like CoJo and Ross just to fit Horford in under the cap. But if we did that we could keep DD.

Then Masai could use his 'We were just one decent PF away from making the finals' excuse, and be entering the tax for the next 4 seasons (still with DD as our ball hogging goto guy). Bleh. But I'm sure we would make it past the first round at least. Wouldn't we?!?
deeps6x
General Manager

Post#1858 » by deeps6x » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
2 late first for Dieng

Wright/Powell/Carter

Dinosaur Championship

it's highly unrealistic. can't I have a moment lol

but the reason why your suggestion doesn't work is because we simply can't afford it. DeRozan resigned, Carroll, Horford and Val is optimistically ~ $73M. Add Ross and Biyombo at the MLE and we're looking at around $90M with a Lowry and Patterson deal coming next year. We simply can't afford it so someone has to go. I don't know if Minny is willing to let go of Dieng to be honest but if I knew I could get him and get Bradley, an expiring deal and a 2 firsts for Val, I probably pull the trigger. Unless Brooklyn brings in a star via FA (and I don't know why a star would sign there but lets go with it) then that's still a lottery pick.

Anyway, point I'm trying to make is we need to shave salary somehow and that's the best way I can think of doing it. Capitalizing on guys like Covington who are on cheap deals and consolidating some of our expensive lesser talent into more expensive better talent. We don't have capspace to sign guys outright so moves like these are about our only option.

Or blow it up and start over.

Or lop three off the top and use our next four firsts to take their places on the cheap.
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#1859 » by chuckdevlin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:47 am

Ross + #26 + Bebe
For
PJ Tucker + #13 (Labissierre)

PHX gets a younger wing.
Len/Bender/Warren/Booker/Knight
Bebe/FA/Ross/Goodwin/Bledsoe
Chandler/SF (FA)

Tor gets a 3/4 instead of a 2/3 + a lotto pick.

JV/Tucker/Carrol/DD/Lowry
BB/PPat/Powell/Wright/Joseph
JT (min)/Labissierre/Caboclo/#9
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#1860 » by CoachJReturns » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:28 pm

I doubt the Wizards would trade him after just one year, but I'd be very interested in Kelly Oubre. Has prototypical size and athleticism for a small forward and while he will need time to develop he isn't a chucker with virtually all shots coming around the basket or beyond the arc. He's also a pretty decent rebounder for a wing.
If nobody impresses Masai at the draft I'd be okay with our Nuggets pick and Bebe for Oubre and a future second rounder. Right now we're looking at guys like Luwawu(who is a very similar prospect without the year of NBA experience), Davis(athletic but raw and may be more of a defensive specialist), Jackson(good player, but Masai would have to make a trade to get him in the rotation) and Skal(intriguing talent, but high bust potential).
For a combination of physical tools, upside and not too much bust potential I think Oubre would be a nice pick up.
Flame away. lol.(Alternatively, we could just take Luwawu)

Return to Toronto Raptors