ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The decline of LeBron James

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DUNPHY
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Re: OT: The decline of LeBron James 

Post#101 » by DUNPHY » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:22 am

The_Hater wrote:
DUNPHY wrote:
DUNPHY wrote:This is ridiculous! The dude obviously takes it a bit easier during the season to save his body as much as possible! No one became a legend during the regular season lol...

2015 Finals LeBron was the most dominant thing Ive seen since Shaq. LeBron isnt even close to declining!
I dont usually do this....

But this thread needs to be bumped! :lol:

Cant believe some of the nonsense people were talking here!

Gotta say I told ya so :lol: :lol:

Bow down to the King!

Bumping an old thread just to make yourself look smart, that's kinda pathetic if you ask me. No doubt like everyone else you've written your share of posts over the years that look ridiculous in hindsight. Maybe you could bump a few of those next?
I have no doubt ive probably said something a little crazy these past few years!

Nothing as ridiculous as this though! :lol:

Anything i wouldve said would have been predicting a terrible player to end up becoming a star...

But denying something that was/is SO OBVIOUS such as this is just taking it to that next level!

I didnt even bump it for my comment either lol... alot of people had the same opinions! I just bumped it for everyone to see those crazy other opinions! :lol:

All in good fun!
DUNPHY
Analyst

Post#102 » by DUNPHY » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 am

XTC wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:It's been happening since his last title reign. That being said, as long as he has very good help he can still single handedly win a series. But he's not going to dominate on the defensive end anymore like he used to. Those chase down blocks are pretty much gone too.

We all could not have been anymore wrong. Myself included.
:lol: Hahaha your comment is one of the best in hindsight considering the most iconic play of this series will be remembered as "The Block" - LeBron James! :lol: :lol:
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#103 » by JV4MVP » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 am

They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,605

Post#104 » by Psubs » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:27 am

Even as he declines, he'll still pass well and maybe work on outside shooting a lot more.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#105 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:49 am

That block on Iggy showed that he's still a monster athletically
Read
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#106 » by [SJJ] » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:05 am

LeBron at 70% is still better than 95% of today's NBA players.
RealGM
And1: 66,474

Post#107 » by 720 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:23 am

Probably his last championship with this core tbh. Warriors choked a 3-1 lead and the rest of the west still has a couple teams better than the cavs. Cavs will come back this upcoming season with most of the same core foolishly thinking they'll have another serious shot.
BismackonLebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#108 » by BismackonLebron » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 am

I think alot of you posters have declined mentally with alot of the statements I've read in here. :lol
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#109 » by VinBaker6 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:39 am

He has lost a step athletically but that doesn't mean he's declined as a talent. He's as good or even better than ever.

S/O to TZ!
DUNPHY
Analyst

Post#110 » by DUNPHY » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 pm

JV4MVP wrote:They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #
This quote had so much potential if he wasnt lazy and misspelled everything lol
Sheldon Cooper
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Post#111 » by Sheldon Cooper » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:27 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:okay like i said, He's been to the finals 6x 4 of them, he was the favourite. I didn't expect him to beat the Spurs the 1st time he was with the cavs . (Although that was a closer series than ppl like to remember, all the games were close)

I didn't get at him for losing last year(Although again, he was up 2-1 and all of the games were close for that series, his % were horrible tho)

4x he was the favourite, he won 2, and one of them like I said was a big shoutout to Bosh, Ray allen, wade.

You guys can marvel and appreciate someone for getting to the finals 5x in a conference that everyone called the "Leastern Conference" up untill this year, but to be a goat getting there isn't enough imho.

I've seen Jason terry torture lebron in a finals.
Young K.Leonard had a bad game 1 and after that went on to have a great series and won finals mvp covering lebron.

Dwade took a veteran group kinda like that 1st cavs team and won a chip.

Jordan went to the finals 3x in a row, chilled then went back 3x in a row and is 6 for 6

You mean to tell me Jordan would still be a goat if he was 2-6 in the finals even though he went there 6x in a 8yr span? No, no he wouldn't.

You mean Wade took a "veteran group" featuring multiple Hall of Fame players and a Hall of Fame coach to the Finals and won a chip? As opposed to a Mike Brown coached crew featuring:
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley

That team without LeBron would easily contend for the first overall draft pick.

As for that "4x he was the favourite", he lost in the Finals in his FIRST year in Miami - first year with a new team and a new system. The last time he lost with the Heat to the Spurs, the Spurs were actually the favourites, not to mention they featured three Hall of Fame players on that team along with a young Leonard and an unconscious Danny Green. Oh, and they were coached by some dude named Greg Popovich.

You bring up Bosh, Allen and Wade helping him. You do know that Steve Kerr hit the game winner for the Bulls in Finals game 6 in 1997, right? It took Derek Fisher shot with 0.4 seconds left for Kobe/Shaq Lakers at one point. Countless Robert Horry shots for both the Lakers and the Spurs. Does that diminish the greatness of MJ, Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?

Michael Jordan couldn't get out of the first round for years until he had a team around him. Without Scottie Pippen, he's 0-0 in the Finals. Scottie Pippen just so happens to be a top 25 player of all time. LeBron has NEVER played with someone of that caliber (yes, Shaq is top 25 but he was finished by the time he went to the Cavs).

The man just won a Finals in which he led both teams in points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks per game. His greatness is unquestionable at this point.
DUNPHY
Analyst

Post#112 » by DUNPHY » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Sheldon Cooper wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:okay like i said, He's been to the finals 6x 4 of them, he was the favourite. I didn't expect him to beat the Spurs the 1st time he was with the cavs . (Although that was a closer series than ppl like to remember, all the games were close)

I didn't get at him for losing last year(Although again, he was up 2-1 and all of the games were close for that series, his % were horrible tho)

4x he was the favourite, he won 2, and one of them like I said was a big shoutout to Bosh, Ray allen, wade.

You guys can marvel and appreciate someone for getting to the finals 5x in a conference that everyone called the "Leastern Conference" up untill this year, but to be a goat getting there isn't enough imho.

Young K.Leonard had a bad game 1 and after that went on to have a great series and won finals mvp covering lebron.

Jordan went to the finals 3x in a row, chilled then went back 3x in a row and is 6 for 6

You mean to tell me Jordan would still be a goat if he was 2-6 in the finals even though he went there 6x in a 8yr span? No, no he wouldn't.

You mean Wade took a "veteran group" featuring multiple Hall of Fame players and a Hall of Fame coach to the Finals and won a chip? As opposed to a Mike Brown coached crew featuring:
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley

As for that "4x he was the favourite", he lost in the Finals in his FIRST year in Miami - first year with a new team and a new system. The last time he lost with the Heat to the Spurs, the Spurs were actually the favourites, not to mention they featured three Hall of Fame players on that team along with a young Leonard and an unconscious Danny Green. Oh, and they were coached by some dude named Greg Popovich.

You bring up Bosh, Allen and Wade helping him. You do know that Steve Kerr hit the game winner for the Bulls in Finals game 6 in 1997, right? It took Derek Fisher shot with 0.4 seconds left for Kobe/Shaq Lakers at one point. Countless Robert Horry shots for both the Lakers and the Spurs. Does that diminish the greatness of MJ, Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?

Michael Jordan couldn't get out of the first round for years until he had a team around him. Without Scottie Pippen, he's 0-0 in the Finals. Scottie Pippen just so happens to be a top 25 player of all time. LeBron has NEVER played with someone of that caliber (yes, Shaq is top 25 but he was finished by the time he went to the Cavs).

The man just won a Finals in which he led both teams in points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks per game. His greatness is unquestionable at this point.

Gotta agree 100%1
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,877

Post#113 » by Potential » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:57 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
my friend, the cavs team is stacked. Mozgov TT Shumpert JR smith would start on a lot of teams and are making a lot of coin. Not to mention Av is paid. Cavs have a team to win it all, but they won't this year.

I definitely wouldn't write the Cavs off in mid January. They've played most of the season without Irving and they're going to get a much easier playoff draw than the top teams out west will. That's going to be a bloodbath.

The Warriors are the best team but if I was to bet on only one team to win it, it might be the Cavs.

Spurs and warriors would beat cavs in 7 imo.

liar
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#114 » by Steelo Green » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 pm

VC720 wrote:Probably his last championship with this core tbh. Warriors choked a 3-1 lead and the rest of the west still has a couple teams better than the cavs. Cavs will come back this upcoming season with most of the same core foolishly thinking they'll have another serious shot.

Love is a goner so yeah, last title with this core.
RealGM
And1: 66,474

Post#115 » by 720 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:17 pm

RaptorsFTL wrote:
VC720 wrote:Probably his last championship with this core tbh. Warriors choked a 3-1 lead and the rest of the west still has a couple teams better than the cavs. Cavs will come back this upcoming season with most of the same core foolishly thinking they'll have another serious shot.

Love is a goner so yeah, last title with this core.

IDK dude, I thought the same way as you prior to them winning. But now after this I think Griffin and his GM will keep the same core guys for at least one more year. Maybe make some ancillary moves like trading shumpert and resigning JR or something, but can't see them break up this core this fast after they won it all.
Double Bubble
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#116 » by Double Bubble » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:34 pm

Sheldon Cooper wrote:

Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley

Agree overall except the bold. DWade and Bosh plus Ray Allen is comparable to Pippen Rodman and crew.
Arman_tanzarian
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Post#117 » by Arman_tanzarian » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:13 am

The Earth is flat

- Lebron haters.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Re: Re: Re: OT: The decline of LeBron James 

Post#118 » by Hero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 am

Double Bubble wrote:
Sheldon Cooper wrote:

Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
LeBron James
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scot Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley

Agree overall except the bold. DWade and Bosh plus Ray Allen is comparable to Pippen Rodman and crew.

Is there actually numbers to back this up?
Especially in the last couple of years. I don't recall Wade or Bosh being anything near how good they were in their prime.

Return to Toronto Raptors