ImageImageImageImageImage

Isola Fantasy Trade: Melo for Caroll, Ross & Jospeh

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Isola Fantasy Trade: Melo for Caroll, Ross & Jospeh 

Post#81 » by The_Hater » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 am

Skeezo wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Why does this minor detail matter? Who knows what starting lineup the Knicks coach would put out there. Is Norman Powell one of the 5 best Raptors right now just because he starts?

It may be a minor detail to some casual fans but considering Frank Isola is a NYK beat writer (gets paid to know/write basketball) I guess I would expect he should have better knowledge of players he is proposing the Knicks trade for... Isola is projecting Starting Line-ups with no injuries, so I don't understand how you're N.Powell comment is relevant...

Are you saying you would have Ross start at SF over D.Carroll?
Are you saying you would have A.Affalo start over D.Carroll or even T.Ross?
Do you think L.Galloway is a better PG than C.Joseph?

In this regard, why the hell isn't NYK a better team the Raps, I mean Melo >>> T.Ross as a starter all day right? Why are they doing this trade if the two other guys they are acquiring can't supplant some of the starters on an inferior team. This small detail is a glance at how NYK and their media in one way overvalue their players and in other ways make no sense.

Afflalo is definitely better than Ross and arguably better than Carroll now that he has a bad knee. He's definitkey had a better career than Carroll to this point. And who knows about Cujo and Galloway, they're backups with similar stat lines.

Hard for you to sit here and argue that Isola is being biased with the Knicks when you're doing the same thing yourself. So there's that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
WorldChamp
Banned User
And1: 473

Post#82 » by WorldChamp » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:11 am

The_Hater wrote:
Skeezo wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Why does this minor detail matter? Who knows what starting lineup the Knicks coach would put out there. Is Norman Powell one of the 5 best Raptors right now just because he starts?

It may be a minor detail to some casual fans but considering Frank Isola is a NYK beat writer (gets paid to know/write basketball) I guess I would expect he should have better knowledge of players he is proposing the Knicks trade for... Isola is projecting Starting Line-ups with no injuries, so I don't understand how you're N.Powell comment is relevant...

In this regard, why the hell isn't NYK a better team the Raps, I mean Melo >>> T.Ross as a starter all day right? Why are they doing this trade if the two other guys they are acquiring can't supplant some of the starters on an inferior team. This small detail is a glance at how NYK and their media in one way overvalue their players and in other ways make no sense.

Afflalo is definitely better than Ross and arguably better than Carroll now that he has a bad knee. He's definitkey had a better career than Carroll to this point. And who knows about Cujo and Galloway, they're backups with similar stat lines.

Hard for you to sit here and argue that Isola is being biased with the Knicks when you're doing the same thing yourself. So there's that.

Carroll was never that good he just had a couple of good years thanks to Atlanta's ball movement, the rest of his career he has been average/little above average even on D.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#83 » by Skeezo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:39 am

The_Hater wrote:
Skeezo wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I would agree Afflalo has had better career up to this point vs Ross or D.Carroll. However, regardless of DC's injury (pretty minor to have your knee scoped these days) I would argue that both him and Ross are superior players by way of either potential, recent play, two-way ability, or even size. Also, this isn't even just about bias, he has Ross starting at the SF, when we legitimately went and signed DC to be our starting SF over Ross, so how does it make sense to slot Ross there... This doesn't take much investigative work for a reporter to do... Finally, as I stated previously if the player's are so bad that they can't supplant any of your starters except for the one you're trading on an already inferior team from the Raptors, then why the hell would you trade your best player for a combination of them? It makes no rational sense...

Regardless, it was something that I noticed that I assumingly thought was interesting, noteworthy, and humorous and a few other people agreed with me... You think it was a minor detail, that's your opinion which is cool, moving on.
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,079

Post#84 » by kieferli » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:21 am

No no no CJ really important to us he will help us a lot in play off. And the most important for us to find now is PF
Credit:Clutch0z24
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Post#85 » by mieshpal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 am

Pay melo all that money when Carroll's a better fit for us....helll noooo...this trade isn't happening anyways and add Joseph and ross to the deal....heelllllllll nnnoooooo
industry_killer
Veteran
And1: 278

Post#86 » by industry_killer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:19 am

I would cease being a Raps fan if they were to ever acquire Carmelo. The trade sucks for the Raps anyway.

Return to Toronto Raptors