ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Markieff Morris Gets Into Fight With Archie Goodwin

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Contango
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: OT: Markieff Morris Gets Into Fight With Archie Goodwin 

Post#181 » by Contango » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Not sure about Detroit's situation, but is there a possibility of getting marcus and markieff on the raptors?
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#182 » by ontnut » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:14 pm

Contango wrote:Not sure about Detroit's situation, but is there a possibility of getting marcus and markieff on the raptors?

For your first post, I'll take it easy.
"No."
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#183 » by chuckdevlin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:21 pm

I'd rather trade for the contract hes locked into.

Than him be bought out then signed to a crazy deal later on
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#184 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:04 pm

The more I think about Kieff the less I want to bring him in Toronto.

There have been plenty of players in the NBA with questionable attitudes but I think a player needs to be a huge difference maker in order to take a chance on a guy like that. Rodman was a DPOY and HOF player. Artest was an all-league defender and allstar. Cousins is an all-star with HOF potential. We took a chance on Lowry when the team was bad and he ends up being an all-star and our best player.

But Kieff is none of those. He's just a rotation caliber forward who could end up giving a small upgrade to the PF position or he could end up causing a lot of problems to what seems like a pretty good locker room.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,957

Post#185 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:36 pm

The_Hater wrote:The more I think about Kieff the less I want to bring him in Toronto.

There have been plenty of players in the NBA with questionable attitudes but I think a player needs to be a huge difference maker in order to take a chance on a guy like that. Rodman was a DPOY and HOF player. Artest was an all-league defender and allstar. Cousins is an all-star with HOF potential. We took a chance on Lowry when the team was bad and he ends up being an all-star and our best player.

But Kieff is none of those. He's just a rotation caliber forward who could end up giving a small upgrade to the PF position or he could end up causing a lot of problems to what seems like a pretty good locker room.

I hate when people point to Lowry as evidence that Morris could work. It completely ignores the fact that Lowry was a hidden gem in the league that made his teams better even with his attitude problems. Markieff is one of the worst Suns this year. Lowry never mailed it in like this guy.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#186 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
The_Hater wrote:The more I think about Kieff the less I want to bring him in Toronto.

I hate when people point to Low

ry as evidence that Morris could work. It completely ignores the fact that Lowry was a hidden gem in the league that made his teams better even with his attitude problems. Markieff is one of the worst Suns this year. Lowry never mailed it in like this guy.

I wasn't trying to say that Lowry was as bad as Morris. He wasn't. But he did have a rep for being surly and difficult to coach, whether it was deserved or not. No two situations are completely alike of course.

Lowry needed to mature. Perhaps that's all Cousins needs, he doesn't seem like a bad person but he's extremely moody and immature. Perhaps he'll never grow out of that. Morris might just need to mature but perhaps he's just a flat out jerk too.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#187 » by Fo-Real » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Not trying to argue or nose in here, but the facts of the assault case are that MARCUS beat the guy, and Kief was crowd control, maybe one of the co-defendents landed a couple, but Kief has always been reported to have been crowd control and never reported to touched the victim, in the law of Arizona, as long as he helped wether it is even him being a lookout, he is charged with the same crime as the attacker, even if he didnt actually touch him. Thats why he is being charged with Assault, because he was involved somehow. The result of his case will either be a Misdemeanor or it will be dropped, the system as set up here just takes for ever to do anything. He will have a fine at worst.

Return to Toronto Raptors