ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Round 2!!!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Re: PG: Round 2!!!! 

Post#1061 » by Latrell » Mon May 2, 2016 8:26 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Latrell wrote:Way too early to conclude that.

You're in denial if you think DeRozan isn't staying next season after winning 56 games and a playoff series for this team (as you are so fond of pointing out).

And as long as he is here (and the coaching staff allows him to do what he does, which, as they just showed, they are willing to do in the biggest and most desperate of situations), the Raptors will never be a real contender in this league no matter how good the rest of their players are. Yes they won the game, but last night all but doomed this organization.

They allow him to do what he does because we don't have many other options. We have 2 semi stars and a bunch of really really good role players.

We don't know know what will happen in the off-season. We could add talent ( more likely FA's will come here now) and the coaching staff could reign DeMar in a bit more, move him down in the pecking order.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,322

Post#1062 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon May 2, 2016 8:33 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

You're in denial if you think DeRozan isn't staying next season after winning 56 games and a playoff series for this team (as you are so fond of pointing out).

And as long as he is here (and the coaching staff allows him to do what he does, which, as they just showed, they are willing to do in the biggest and most desperate of situations), the Raptors will never be a real contender in this league no matter how good the rest of their players are. Yes they won the game, but last night all but doomed this organization.

doomed it to what?

Not being a contender for as long as DeRozan is here and taking this kind of role on the team. Did you not read the rest of the posts?
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#1063 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon May 2, 2016 8:35 pm

Latrell wrote:They allow him to do what he does because we don't have many other options. We have 2 semi stars and a bunch of really really good role players.

Nonsense. There are countless better options than allowing Demar DeRozan to take as many terrible shots as he does. It's just bad, lazy coaching and it shouldn't be excused at this level.

We don't know know what will happen in the off-season. We could add talent ( more likely FA's will come here now) and the coaching staff could reign DeMar in a bit more, move him down in the pecking order.

If the coaching staff was ever going to rein in Demar, it would have happened last night in a game 7 elimination game. The fact that Demar took 32 of them last night says all that needs to be said about the possibility of that ever happening while he's here.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#1064 » by Latrell » Mon May 2, 2016 8:42 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Latrell wrote:They allow him to do what he does because we don't have many other options. We have 2 semi stars and a bunch of really really good role players.

Nonsense. They are countless better options than allowing Demar DeRozan to take as many terrible shots as he does. It's just bad, lazy coaching and it shouldn't be excused at this level.

If the coaching staff was ever going to rein in Demar, it would have happened last night in a game 7 elimination game. The fact that Demar took 32 of them last night says all that needs to be said about the possibility of that ever happening while he's here.

Not that this would change your mind. But David Thorpe argued today why DeMar taking a lot of shots was actually beneficial to the Raptors. Not sure if even I agree with it but is a different perspective.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#1065 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon May 2, 2016 8:46 pm

Latrell wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Nonsense. They are countless better options than allowing Demar DeRozan to take as many terrible shots as he does. It's just bad, lazy coaching and it shouldn't be excused at this level.

Not that this would change your mind. But David Thorpe argued today why DeMar taking a lot of shots was actually beneficial to the Raptors. Not sure if even I agree with it but is a different perspective.

It wouldn't. He does have positives in his game, but taking as many inefficient shots as he does is not one of them.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1066 » by Wo1verine » Mon May 2, 2016 8:55 pm

I am trying to get pumped up for the 2nd round, but the thought of DD and Casey returning is really taking my excitement away :(

I don't care how the rest of the season turns out, we need big change this off-season and it sounds as though we are content bringing back the same core for the long-term if Masai has his way.
BrunoSkull
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#1067 » by Dennis 37 » Mon May 2, 2016 9:09 pm

youreachiteach wrote:The tv producer makes that call...it's a star driven league.

Well then the TV producer isn't very smart. How many times do we have to listen to the apologies for their play before we turn the channel?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,020

Post#1068 » by Clutch0z24 » Mon May 2, 2016 9:12 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9biZFwmQnGk[/youtube]

Made a Mix fams ...Shoutout to indiana for the first tough round one ....Pumped
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,936

Re: Re: Re: PG: Round 2!!!! 

Post#1069 » by Potential » Mon May 2, 2016 9:19 pm

metafisical wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:Woke up today with morning wood and a smile still on my face. It's been a while.

Pics or it didn't happen.

WTF. ......
FTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 530

Post#1070 » by FTW » Mon May 2, 2016 9:36 pm

He could have a horrible series, and the Raptors could lose in 4 or 5 and no one will want to sign him the max, . Or he could have a good series and the Raptors would be in the ECF in which case he'd be more deserving of a big deal. We almost landed Aldridge last year..after being swept by Washington, you don't think good FA's would be more attracted to coming here if we are in the ECF?

We have picks and moveable contracts to get better than we are this year. And this years team's ceiling is probably ECF this year.

I'm not saying anything with respect to the rest of your post - but I simply do not believe this part. Aldridge might have met with us, but I simply cannot believe that a in-demand Texas boy was ever going to voluntarily sign with the Raptors. Sorry.
YogiStewart wrote:no IKEA bed can take 7 years of sexytimes. don't think it could even take 7 years of handytimes.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#1071 » by carlosey » Mon May 2, 2016 10:00 pm

So where is that douchebag Feschuk today?
Mahoner
Senior
And1: 903

Post#1072 » by Mahoner » Mon May 2, 2016 10:07 pm

I wonder though... it's a big if, but IF the Raptors were able to a post presence in a PF this offseason - would Dwayne Casey change his coaching style a little bit to accommodate the new piece? With him and Val would they essentially force his hand to play some more inside ball? Not that they could afford to, but to extend DD and get a Horford or inside-type guy...

I mean it's clear that they need some more easy baskets coming from post presence rather than relying so heavily on guard play. My thinking is how Casey argued he didn't have the defensive players with Williams and Vasquez in 2015 so he let the offense play more uptempo (which in turned sacrificed the defense).

I'd like to hope so but my gut tells me otherwise.
Mahoner
Senior
And1: 903

Re: Re: Re: PG: Round 2!!!! 

Post#1073 » by Mahoner » Mon May 2, 2016 10:08 pm

Potential wrote:
metafisical wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:Woke up today with morning wood and a smile still on my face. It's been a while.

WTF. ......

:lol:
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,413

Post#1074 » by Tha Cynic » Mon May 2, 2016 10:10 pm

knickerbocker2k2 wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
knickerbocker2k2 wrote:Honestly we stole this from Pacers. They really should have won this game (as well as game 5).

They shot 47% from both the field (+3FG%). We shot only 37% from the field (33% 3FG%). Difference in the game was the +13 OFF RB and 5 TO differential in our favor. We just out worked them. This game was not that different from GM6 blow out. If this game was on the road it would be guaranteed lose.

The 2nd seed "stole" the game from the 7th seed? :-?

Sad state of affairs. I know. But what are you going to do when your two best players are chokers and shooting 32% from the field?

It is miracle Casey found a way to win get his team to steal a series.

That's kind of what happens when you keep calling the one play the Pacers decided they needed to game plan for. The players won despite of Casey.

It's like the Raptors had no play other than the Derozan high screen.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,936

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PG: Round 2!!!! 

Post#1075 » by Potential » Mon May 2, 2016 10:39 pm

Mahoner wrote:
Potential wrote:
metafisical wrote:

WTF. ......

:lol:

Lmaoo yo mushroom mans gotta chillllll on that
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#1076 » by DHK » Mon May 2, 2016 10:48 pm

Latrell wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Curious, what did thorpe say?
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#1077 » by Kabookalu » Mon May 2, 2016 11:47 pm

FTW wrote:

He could have a horrible series, and the Raptors could lose in 4 or 5 and no one will want to sign him the max, . Or he could have a good series and the Raptors would be in the ECF in which case he'd be more deserving of a big deal. We almost landed Aldridge last year..after being swept by Washington, you don't think good FA's would be more attracted to coming here if we are in the ECF?

We have picks and moveable contracts to get better than we are this year. And this years team's ceiling is probably ECF this year.

I'm not saying anything with respect to the rest of your post - but I simply do not believe this part. Aldridge might have met with us, but I simply cannot believe that a in-demand Texas boy was ever going to voluntarily sign with the Raptors. Sorry.

Aldridge actually said he came close to signing with the Raptors. He said something along the lines of "that was the best pitch I've ever seen in my life." Though he chose the Spurs in the end.
Read on Twitter
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#1078 » by Throwback24 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:13 am

Inevitable wrote:
CDN Uprising wrote:
beachbean wrote:[img]image

Yooo she's not real lmao :lol:

Y'all being played

Yo what's really going on here

No one shows my selfies love..... I will be wearing this hoody in 35 degrees weather to show the world I am a Raptors fan.

I've taken BC's vision and transcended it to new levels. I try to establish a winning culture wherever I go.

Hopefully beachbum appreciates my contributions to the cause.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
FTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 530

Post#1079 » by FTW » Tue May 3, 2016 12:18 am

Choker wrote:Aldridge actually said he came close to signing with the Raptors. He said something along the lines of "that was the best pitch I've ever seen in my life." Though he chose the Spurs in the end.

Yeah I did see that. I believe that we did a great pitch.....but I've spent a lot of time working in Texas and the southern US. I know this is generalizing and stereotyping to some degree but 98% of people I met just have an outrageously stereotypical image of Canada (even those who have worked here), and they all just hate cold weather, haha.

I guess what I'm saying is I'll believe it when I see us signing in-demand max US free agents. So far we appear to have gotten no better than mid-level guys that we have to significantly overpay to come here. For a max-level guy with multiple suitors offering similar money? I don't think there's a chance in hell we ever sign one that's not home-grown.
YogiStewart wrote:no IKEA bed can take 7 years of sexytimes. don't think it could even take 7 years of handytimes.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Post#1080 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 3, 2016 12:19 am

carlosey wrote:So where is that douchebag Feschuk today?

Probably writing an article about the Dickey/Syndergaard trade or something.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Toronto Raptors