ImageImageImageImageImage

Masai: "Where's that ****ing Monkey?"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Re: Masai: "Where's that ****ing Monkey?" 

Post#41 » by refshateRaps » Mon May 2, 2016 5:16 pm

Go back and watch game 5. Indiana accidentally pulled the monkey for us. Vogel, Stucky, Monte, Norm circus shot, Biz long 2.

We were very lucky to win.

Casey should be nice to the fans and media as he was that close to ending his career in TO. Which would have been completely reasonable.

The Monkey of Casey, Lowry's shot and health and Demars poor decision making still exists... it just got a new lease
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#42 » by Wo1verine » Mon May 2, 2016 5:20 pm

mad-man wrote:US Media tearing Casey a new one, I havent watched his post game presser, but apparently he opened with a "lash-out" against the media, puffing his chest about the win. We were supposed to win that series and were getting (or got) blown out in 3 of the last 4 games.

What about the Canadian media? It's been all praise!
BrunoSkull
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#43 » by Boogie! » Mon May 2, 2016 5:22 pm

im genuinely curious as to why no one in that locker room is happy... i mean, i get its business, and maybe they have bigger goals on their mind, but its a littttle bit concerning. its like theyre almost disappointed with themselves for letting it get that close. maybe im reading too much into it though. i just would expect a bit more of a celebration.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#44 » by LLJ » Mon May 2, 2016 5:23 pm

Boogie! wrote:im genuinely curious as to why no one in that locker room is happy... i mean, i get its business, and maybe they have bigger goals on their mind, but its a littttle bit concerning. its like theyre almost disappointed with themselves for letting it get that close. maybe im reading too much into it though. i just would expect a bit more of a celebration.

Then people would say "What a jobber team, celebrating 1st round like they won a title."
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#45 » by Boogie! » Mon May 2, 2016 5:26 pm

LLJ wrote:
Boogie! wrote:im genuinely curious as to why no one in that locker room is happy... i mean, i get its business, and maybe they have bigger goals on their mind, but its a littttle bit concerning. its like theyre almost disappointed with themselves for letting it get that close. maybe im reading too much into it though. i just would expect a bit more of a celebration.

Then people would say "What a jobber team, celebrating 1st round like they won a title."

idk about that... i mean im not talking about having this big extravagant showy presentation on the court or anything. im just talking about in the locker room, youd think theyd be at least a little bit intense about it. they literally just won a series, the first time any raptors team has done it in 15 years... its kind of a big milestone, especially considering most of the guys have never succeeded in the playoffs before - carroll and cojo have won in the past and thats it. everyone else is pretty new to this. the point i was getting at though, is that they seem to be more relieved/disappointed than genuinely happy about it which is slightly concerning.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#46 » by bringbackhoffa » Mon May 2, 2016 5:26 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RW_fIWuG2c[/youtube]
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Mr_NC
Analyst
And1: 5,342

Post#47 » by Mr_NC » Mon May 2, 2016 5:29 pm

Onwards and upwards with this team let's go!
Da_leg10n
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#48 » by Da_leg10n » Mon May 2, 2016 5:40 pm

hes right here

TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#49 » by TheAlchemist » Mon May 2, 2016 5:45 pm

Anyone else had this face when reading the title?

I was about to say, god damn Massai, the swear words where enough, now the racist slurs? Jesus.

Real talk though, I don't know how this "monkey" is off their backs lol. It's all mental imo.

The only thing monkey about last series was Casey's brain and the fact that he doesn't realize that we CANNOT freestyle our own offence, we CANNOT have 0 plays set, and this ISO-centric offence is HORRIBLE.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,489

Post#50 » by OakleyDokely » Mon May 2, 2016 5:56 pm

2pat
Rookie
And1: 1,335

Post#51 » by 2pat » Mon May 2, 2016 6:00 pm

refshateRaps wrote:Go back and watch game 5. Indiana accidentally pulled the monkey for us. Vogel, Stucky, Monte, Norm circus shot, Biz long 2.

Casey should be nice to the fans and media as he was that close to ending his career in TO. Which would have been completely reasonable.

The Monkey of Casey, Lowry's shot and health and Demars poor decision making still exists... it just got a new lease

The Raps would have also played different had they lost game 5. Had this happened in game 7, you'd have a point.

Casey has been nice. Always has.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#52 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Mon May 2, 2016 6:01 pm

I have a hard time thinking that because Kyle Lowry's last shot versus BK was blocked, that season was a failure, or that because Soloman Hill's shot was released a tenth of a second too late, that this season was a success. But when we judge on solely the end result, then the margin is as thin or as thick as fate would hold. It should be based on how you played and how you fought, but this is a argument about emotion, not quantifiable data. Whether the season was a quantifiable failure or not, had we lost in round 1, it doesn't matter because for most it would have felt like a huge failure, with this being the third try. In all honesty, I think the only real collapse was the sweep to Washington. And I think even though we lost versus the Nets, we probably played a better series in that losing effort than we did in this winning one.

But a lot of people seem to be wanting to discount the win, because it was ugly. Yet many of the same would have discounted the season of 56 wins had one minor break not changed the outcome of the series.

In truth, there is no such thing as real win or fake win. We won. Now, how you feel our level of play speaks to our chances next round and beyond, and whether we are legit contenders of just reg season all stars, is a legit conversation. I think what we've shown so far, despite the win, is actually below what was expected after the strong season. I however have some optimism that having the monkey off our backs will take that emotion out and weight off and our shooters will have an easier time making shots. I also hope Lowry bounces back and plays more like the All Star Lowry. We are gonna see.

But a playoff victory, was what we felt we needed this season on the outset, 56 wins was more than what was expected and thus raised the expectation level. If the results so far this season don't "feel" like a success, it's only because the successes this year have raised expectaions. And I think any year that you go into and come out of with raised expectation based on where you started, has to be somewhat successful, even if it doesn't always feel like it.

If before you were happy just to make playoffs, but now anything less than semi of conference finals is acceptable, that's growth. That's the next step.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#53 » by 6ixSideSniper » Mon May 2, 2016 6:01 pm

Boogie! wrote:
LLJ wrote:

idk about that... i mean im not talking about having this big extravagant showy presentation on the court or anything. im just talking about in the locker room, youd think theyd be at least a little bit intense about it. they literally just won a series, the first time any raptors team has done it in 15 years... its kind of a big milestone, especially considering most of the guys have never succeeded in the playoffs before - carroll and cojo have won in the past and thats it. everyone else is pretty new to this. the point i was getting at though, is that they seem to be more relieved/disappointed than genuinely happy about it which is slightly concerning.

It might be a big milestone to you and us fans, but these guys have a bigger goal in mind. This was a series they were suppose to win and barely scrapped by, they should be a little disappointed.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Salted Meat
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#54 » by Salted Meat » Mon May 2, 2016 6:10 pm

Boogie! wrote:
LLJ wrote:

I was sort of surprised too, but then again, it's still just the first round, and they have another series starting almost immediately. Also, the cameras weren't following them as they were heading back into the room, so there was no footage of any immediate celebration, or the coach's post-game address to the team. They might have had their moment of celebration then, and then been reminded that they still have a lot of work to do, and to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow.
JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Post#55 » by JackedFinancier » Mon May 2, 2016 6:17 pm

Guys - move on. Stop dwelling on the Pacers series. We won - we should be happy we won - because as Leo said months before the playoffs - whoever we faced was going to be an all out battle. Time to look forward to Miami. I personally am looking at Round 2 as house money - although Ill definitely be disappointed if we lose.
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#56 » by 7 Footer » Mon May 2, 2016 6:18 pm

dude has such a potty mouth, very bad influence on our high character guys
cbosh4mvp
Suspended
And1: 805

Post#57 » by cbosh4mvp » Mon May 2, 2016 6:23 pm

Someone needs to post a monkey sitting on the back like drake and #views
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#58 » by refshateRaps » Mon May 2, 2016 6:55 pm

2pat wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:Go back and watch game 5. Indiana accidentally pulled the monkey for us. Vogel, Stucky, Monte, Norm circus shot, Biz long 2.

The Raps would have also played different had they lost game 5. Had this happened in game 7, you'd have a point.

Casey has been nice. Always has.

Im happy for the guy as well as many others who can breathe easier today.

The point I was making is this team had lost an uprescented 2 straight home court advantage playoff series & was on the brink of losing a third to a 7th seed. The citisism from both the most LOYAL fan base ever and the media was well warranted leading into game 7 (which also almost slipped away).

The BIg Monkey may be gone but it wasnt all that convincing & Casey should be humble in this victory.
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#59 » by RedX » Mon May 2, 2016 7:04 pm

youngtea wrote:Incoming $25,000 fine.

He didn't say it to the media, he said it outside of the Raptors dressing room, and it was over-heard by the media. no fine.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#60 » by C_Money » Mon May 2, 2016 7:20 pm

A basketball night for a city still somewhat foreign to basketball.

Who wrote this s***? A city still foreign to basketball? We've had a team for 21 years FFS.

Return to Toronto Raptors