ImageImageImageImageImage

Derozan on last play of a quarter

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HOOOMAN
Starter
And1: 3,186

Re: Derozan on last play of a quarter 

Post#21 » by HOOOMAN » Wed May 4, 2016 3:57 am

but seriously, what are his career stats at this? somebody has to be able to pull that up. it must be quite terrible
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#22 » by Veggamattic » Wed May 4, 2016 3:59 am

ans4 wrote:I took a look at the game logs from today's game and the Pacers series. Here are his stats on the end of quarter plays (or final Raptor possession):

FG: 0/11, 4 TOs

The thing is even though this isn't surprising and a small sample size...it extrapolates out no matter how many games you include. How does a whole coaching staff not say something or do something.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#23 » by visionquest » Wed May 4, 2016 4:01 am

Demars aboriginal name is Longtoo
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#24 » by Volcano » Wed May 4, 2016 4:04 am

Veggamattic wrote:
ans4 wrote:I took a look at the game logs from today's game and the Pacers series. Here are his stats on the end of quarter plays (or final Raptor possession):

The thing is even though this isn't surprising and a small sample size...it extrapolates out no matter how many games you include. How does a whole coaching staff not say something or do something.

he just has to hit one shot and they'll be like, "That's what all-stars do. You got to keep shooting. Empty the clip."

Then we'll have to wait another two years for him to make a shot and they'll repeat the same thing.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#25 » by dalton749 » Wed May 4, 2016 4:05 am

visionquest wrote:Demars aboriginal name is Longtoo

Longtwo Hogpilon
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#26 » by traps#10 » Wed May 4, 2016 4:07 am

It's insanity, running the same end of the quarter iso for Demar and expecting a different result.

It's an Ego thing with Demar wanting to be the hero who drains the last shot or a coaching flaw or both.

The only time I ever recall that a shot going in at the end of the quarter/game was the Orlando game winning shot that was a fluke.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#27 » by Veggamattic » Wed May 4, 2016 4:10 am

Volcano wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

he just has to hit one shot and they'll be like, "That's what all-stars do. You got to keep shooting. Empty the clip."

Then we'll have to wait another two years for him to make a shot and they'll repeat the same thing.

Even if he does hit a few now and then, it still doesn't make this the way to call plays. It seems hard for me to even believe it with my own eyes that this is the ONLY play they run.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#28 » by RaptorsJunkie » Wed May 4, 2016 4:10 am

1xkayz wrote:Derozan on end of shot clock and end of quarter usually ends up 80% turnover and 20% brick shots

Bricking the shot is giving DD credit. These shots are on the outside of the rim near air ball territory!
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#29 » by itsme23 » Wed May 4, 2016 4:10 am

Big Big Big Lowry fan but I agree with a previous poster. With Lowry doing virtually nothing, it really forces Derozan to go into inefficient Kobe mode.

Derozan is not going to magically become an amazing passer. Whatever Lowry has he needs to get out of it or else we may be in for a quick series.
RaptorsJunkie
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#30 » by RaptorsJunkie » Wed May 4, 2016 4:11 am

Veggamattic wrote:
Volcano wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

Even if he does hit a few now and then, it still doesn't make this the way to call plays. It seems hard for me to even believe it with my own eyes that this is the ONLY play they run.

I have to correct you on this being the only play they run. They also run the play where COJO dribbles the ball down court and shoots only after time expires!!!
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,717

Post#31 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed May 4, 2016 4:12 am

During the 4th quarter or overtime, with less than five minutes remaining, and neither team ahead by more than five points

http://www.nbaminer.com/clutch-time-stats/
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#32 » by Flight33 » Wed May 4, 2016 4:12 am

Wade traveled after the steal.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#33 » by Veggamattic » Wed May 4, 2016 4:12 am

RaptorsJunkie wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
Volcano wrote:

I have to correct you on this being the only play they run. They also run the play where COJO dribbles the ball down court and shoots only after time expires!!!

Ya that was my bad.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,877

Post#34 » by Boardbreaker » Wed May 4, 2016 4:21 am

If they insist on getting Demar the last shot the least they can do is switch it up and have a pg bring up the ball and try and find Demar off a screen or cutting to the basket.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#35 » by Throwback24 » Wed May 4, 2016 4:22 am

Mack11 wrote:i really cant believe the coaching staff can be so stubborn. Repeating the same mistake over n over

It's called the Lou will experiment. Lou left and DD stepped into fill the void, this falls on Casey.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#36 » by visionquest » Wed May 4, 2016 4:30 am

Trust me, his teammates don't like this ball stopper.

But they can't complain cuz coach has his back
MasaiLegs
Junior
And1: 362

Post#37 » by MasaiLegs » Wed May 4, 2016 4:41 am

Can't underrate the clutch factor Demar severely lacks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
mad-man
Rookie
And1: 727

Post#38 » by mad-man » Wed May 4, 2016 5:01 am

MasaiLegs wrote:Can't underrate the clutch factor Demar severely lacks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Not sure what you're talking about. I'd say he's pretty clutch at being unclutch
-Demar Derozan: "We haven't did nothing"
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,915

Post#39 » by lolwut » Wed May 4, 2016 5:05 am

Demar is the new Lou of end of quarter plays.
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#40 » by Veggamattic » Wed May 4, 2016 5:41 am

Throwback24 wrote:
Mack11 wrote:i really cant believe the coaching staff can be so stubborn. Repeating the same mistake over n over

It's called the Lou will experiment. Lou left and DD stepped into fill the void, this falls on Casey.

The birth of this nonsense actually started all the way back with TJ Ford.

Return to Toronto Raptors