ImageImageImageImageImage

Love for Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

lumblor
Ballboy
And1: 73

Love for Lowry 

Post#1 » by lumblor » Wed May 4, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey all. I've been a Raptors fan since the beginning. Seen the (rare) ups of the franchise and been there through the (significant) downs. Watching this years team, and more specifically Kyle Lowry has been nothing short of an absolute treat. Of late, Kyle's mental game has abandoned him. I think we can all relate in one way or another whether that be in sport, your career, your education, or any other aspect of your life where you have for some reason or another, lost confidence.

I know that players browse these forums, and I'm creating this thread with the intention that we as a nation can all send some positive vibes, and our collective confidence in Kyle's abilities to this OUTSTANDING basketball player. I KNOW that if we can get Kyle playing at even 75% of his capability, we not only have a great chance at making the eastern finals, but really making a push for a title.

Kyle, I've seen you torch teams time and time again. Games against Cleveland x2 and Golden State x2 this year come immediately to mind.. I watch these playoff games with the same mindset as the regular season, where when we're down late, I fully EXPECT a comeback. I am just waiting for you to turn on the 4th quarter Lowry God-mode that we've all become accustomed to. You can hear it in Devlin's voice, he's used to it, he's waiting for it. You have it in you, it's who you are, it's who you've been, we march towards victory with you at the front of this team, GET IT DONE KYLE.

I'm just one man in Edmonton, Alberta, some 2700 kilometers from Toronto, but I believe in you. You have created a love for the game that this country has never seen before, and as Canadians, we damn sure stick by our heroes.

As a nation, we embrace you Kyle, you are one of us.

I believe. Canada believes.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,611

Re: Love for Lowry 

Post#2 » by Fairview4Life » Wed May 4, 2016 5:42 pm

Also, put a damn compression stocking on your right arm.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#3 » by Patman » Wed May 4, 2016 5:43 pm

Let's send our positive energy to KL so he can drop a spirit bomb on those damn Heat

OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#4 » by OvOh » Wed May 4, 2016 5:52 pm

The crowd should start a "Let's go Kyle" chant. I really think that would be huge for his confidence.
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#5 » by Mister Ze » Wed May 4, 2016 5:53 pm

Thought this was a trade proposal of Kevin Love for Kyle
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,170

Post#6 » by GooniesNeverDie » Wed May 4, 2016 6:06 pm

i always love lowry even when he isn't playing well.. except for moments last night when he stopped being aggressive. even if his shot isn't falling, we need the ball in his hands and we need him taking open shots. can't shy away from it. in crunch time, the ball in cojo's and demar's hands make me cringe
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#7 » by jeffya2 » Wed May 4, 2016 6:11 pm

Kyle:

Please know that us REAL FANS, realize you have a combination of a damaged elbow / back, which has lead to broken shooting mechanics, and has also damaged your confidence
This however has not damaged your heart, effort, or desire to compete

We appreciate everything that you bring to our team & know that you will return to the player that we all know & love, hopefully sooner rather than later :nod:

Get well soon
The silent majority
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,648

Post#8 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Wed May 4, 2016 6:13 pm

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ LOWRY TAKE OUR ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
2wayplaya
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#9 » by 2wayplaya » Wed May 4, 2016 6:22 pm

Kyle doesnt need love. He needs to hit open shots. And i have 100% confidence his shot will return to form next game. You could see it during last nights game. his shot is almost there, its just slightly off. The mechanics are great, hes got good follow thru, great rotation on the ball, it just isnt falling. Im taking him in all fanduel lines tomorrow, because evryone is gonna be down on him, but i know he will come thru!!!!
MVP-
Starter
And1: 2,394

Post#10 » by MVP- » Wed May 4, 2016 6:33 pm

Patman wrote:Let's send our positive energy to KL so he can drop a spirit bomb on those damn Heat

Maybe that's why he looks so vulnerable right now. He's still accumulating the energy to drop it.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#11 » by LJKO » Wed May 4, 2016 6:46 pm

I we will always love you K-LOW; the best pitbull point guard this franchise will ever have. The first day you become a Raptor I knew we will get something special; That shot last night I completely lost my voice and never stop believing. Fans whose saying to trade him, talk trash about him, and blaming him for his team struggles are considered fake fans. There is a time again we will say Lowry time whether it's tml Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, or next season we believer will always have your back when the time comes ^_^
Jef
Sixth Man
And1: 3,405

Post#12 » by Jef » Wed May 4, 2016 6:47 pm

Thank you OP. I was just coming here to start a similar thread.

Kyle, as a nation, we were immensely grateful and honoured to have you re-sign with us instead of all other teams a couple of years ago. Sure there was an extra couple of million reasons per year to do so, but everyone knew that it wasn't for money (and income taxes killed a lot of the extra anyway). You chose us. You chose to move forward with us, and with Masai, and with the whole of the organization. Nobody with your stature and pedigree had ever done so before. We all still cherish that moment when we found out.

Your work ethic and passion has inspired us ever since. Every time you hurl your body against the floor for a loose ball, every time you stand in front of a 250-pound Mack truck barrelling down on you just to take a charge, and every time you drive to bucket without fear - they all bring us to our feet and make us pump our fists and make us shout "**** yeah!" and make us feel extremely proud and lucky that you have become an honourary Canadian. You represent what we all want to be. You're doing it.

We're all just as angry and frustrated as you that your shot has abandoned you. Because not only do we want those shots to fall for the North, we want them to fall for you, because what you have done for us, and how you have inspired us already.

We're a million different colours on the exterior. But on the interior, our hearts beat in time, together, when you're on the floor. We're one, and we're with you, Kyle. The North is with you.
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#13 » by Flight33 » Wed May 4, 2016 6:48 pm

Just about to jump on here and say F no I don't want Kevin Love.
biyombo
Suspended
And1: 962

Post#14 » by biyombo » Wed May 4, 2016 6:50 pm

MVP- wrote:
Patman wrote:Let's send our positive energy to KL so he can drop a spirit bomb on those damn Heat

[img]http://thedaoofdragonball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/goku-super-spirit-bomb.jpg[img]

Maybe that's why he looks so vulnerable right now. He's still accumulating the energy to drop it.

It has already been charging for ~3 seasons, which means he's just about ready to drop it. Let's go Kyle!
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,925

Post#15 » by Potential » Wed May 4, 2016 6:53 pm

Love is a terrible defender but I wouldn't mind that trade. We'll need to find a PG

Return to Toronto Raptors