ImageImageImageImageImage

Which top 8 guy scares you the most if he falls?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Which top 8 guy scares you the most if he falls

Bender
18%
Chriss
22%
Murray
10%
Hield
12%
Dunn
7%
Brown
31%

Total votes: 123

VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Re: Which top 8 guy scares you the most if he falls? 

Post#21 » by VancouverRaps » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Brown and Chriss, wouldn't touch either of them with a top 10 pick.
We the Champs
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,500

Post#22 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:49 pm

The guards scare me the least. Hield, Murray, Dunn should at the very least be serviceable NBA players.

Chriss, Brown, Bender all have bigger bust potential.
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#23 » by Saciid11 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Brown is this years Drummond ... I just hope we don't pass on him for Sabonis or Skal ..
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,473

Post#24 » by PD28 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm concerned with Chriss' rebounding and lack of motor tbh. He is just projected high cause of his physical tools. Bender is also a mystery but if he plays to his potential good lord. A dominant JV down low with Bender playing point forward would be unreal.
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#25 » by Saciid11 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:03 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The guards scare me the least. Hield, Murray, Dunn should at the very least be serviceable NBA players.

Chriss, Brown, Bender all have bigger bust potential.

Chris ... Derrick William and Micheal Beasley come to mind .. Bust
Bender... Big man who can't rebound, who is weak .. Bargnani , but what helps him little bit is today's game so should at least be safer pick then Chris's..

Brown is gone be one of the best players in the draft, like Drummond he should better pro then college player... Richard Jefferson
Masai Ujiri
Sophomore
And1: 180

Post#26 » by Masai Ujiri » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Ben Simmons
ImageImage
notsla refar
Pro Prospect
And1: 683

Post#27 » by notsla refar » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Throwback24 wrote:I have no qualms about drafting Dunn, we can go with a 3 PG lineup+DD+Carroll

I've only read scouting reports on Dunn, but apparently Carroll would be the only guy out of those that can hit the 3 consistently. Not really ideal these days.

What's the word on Dunn's shot? Is it Rondo bad?
Thespianoid wrote:GTFO with this reasonable talk. RealGM doesn't do that.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Re: Re: Which top 8 guy scares you the most if he falls? 

Post#28 » by Sherlock » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:13 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:Bender or Brown.

But more so Brown. He's a great athlete but I'm not sure what else it is he has going for him yet.

Intelligence.

Work ethic.

Great athlete without either of those two things is Gerald Green. Great athlete with those two things is Jimmy Butler.

I think Brown is going to be very good.

Hield worries me.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,437

Post#29 » by KL78192020 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 pm

This top 6 after the top 2 thing is getting out of hand, based on history odds are half these guy's won't amount to much.
BDDray420
Senior
And1: 771

Post#30 » by BDDray420 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:06 pm

Bender is the Jan Vesely of this draft, I hope some sucker in the top 8 picks him.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,739

Post#31 » by Jadoogar » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:41 pm

I feel like the people making Bargnani comparisons to Bender are living in the past. , Bargnani played with Chris Bosh and was asked to play centre (very out of his depth), whereas Bender would be paired with Val which is a fantastic inside/outside fit. If Bender is mobile on defense, that front court could be scary
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,513

Post#32 » by S.W.A.N » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Tough question. I am in the minority, I went with Murray. Of all the guys in the top 8 he is the one who projects to have the worse defense. If his offense isn't up to par he becomes a spot up shooter at the next level.

I do think he will be very good, but I value defense a lot and his scares me a little more than everyone else in that group..
We the North
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#33 » by omar36 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:48 am

Jadoogar wrote:I feel like the people making Bargnani comparisons to Bender are living in the past. , Bargnani played with Chris Bosh and was asked to play centre (very out of his depth), whereas Bender would be paired with Val which is a fantastic inside/outside fit. If Bender is mobile on defense, that front court could be scary

ppl on here prob thought porzingis was a bust.

i tihnk bender looks good and he is pretty mobile for a guy his size. the guy is 7 1 and can shoot the 3 and is a very underrated passer.

he is the guy you go all out for especially at 9
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#34 » by Thespianoid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:20 am

Chriss. easily. he's all tools and zero IQ/feel. he hasn't been playing for that long, but those guys bust hard unless they have the intelligence to improve. That's when teams have to do their due diligence in interviews. Make sure he's got the drive and baseline IQ to improve on his deficiencies.

This is the same reason why I'm not at all concerned with Bender, because he's demonstrated both on the court and off the court in interviews that he's got a great feel for the game of basketball, will play tough in light of his physical disadvantages currently, and his head is in the right place in terms of the larger picture.
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#35 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:52 am

Jaylen Brown, but he would thrive in Toronto. Defensive minded athletic wing to pair with Powell as the backups grooming in the wings. Definitely would thrive here and could be available at 9.

Bender could bust, not sure how he is defensively and on the glass.

Skal could be just as good as Chriss

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#36 » by Too Late Crew » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:16 am

Treadmill_Team wrote:
Flight33 wrote:I voted Bender, and I think its he or Chriss. Chriss has Tyrus Thomas 2.0 written all over him.

Chriss at least has a jump shot unlike TT. And he has only been playing basketball for 5 years. If you look at Chriss at the beginning of the season compared to late season and Nit he was a different player.

I see potential to improve where TT just was on a deep, talented LSU team that made the final four. Him being in the spotlight helped get him that 4th overall pick.

I don't hate Chriss but I often see the Tyrus Thomas comparisons and that is not what he looks like to me. The reason he scares me is because when I watch him I get Stromile Swift flashbacks. Swift was probably one of my biggest mistake in projecting players since I have watched the NBA. When I watched him hit a jumper off a between the legs dribble (among other things) at LSU I was sure he had it. His mobility moves length and athletic ability made me sure he just needed to put some muscle on and he be a star. Boy was I wrong because he had nothing between the ears.

Chriss gives me that vibe. That he's a great physical specimen who plays basketball because he is tall. He is coordinated enough that he's learned to make jumpers but is he really a basketball player? Will he ever have real court sense and a feel for the game or will he just be a guy who can jump really high and gets some stats because of it?

Guys who a bad rebounders scare the hell out of me because they rarely become good rebounders. It is one skill that is super hard to improve on past 18 or 19. Not saying no one can improve at all but if you are a good rebounder like Sabonis (or even a scrub like Hoffa) that is one thing you should be able to continue to so. If you don't box out at 19 or 20 you likely won't learn. He gets compared to Marion or McDYess a lot but both those guys were darn good NCCA rebounders.
Treadmill_Team
Senior
And1: 391

Post#37 » by Treadmill_Team » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 am

Too Late Crew wrote:
Treadmill_Team wrote:
Flight33 wrote:I voted Bender, and I think its he or Chriss. Chriss has Tyrus Thomas 2.0 written all over him.

Chriss at least has a jump shot unlike TT. And he has only been playing basketball for 5 years. If you look at Chriss at the beginning of the season compared to late season and Nit he was a different player.

I see potential to improve where TT just was on a deep, talented LSU team that made the final four. Him being in the spotlight helped get him that 4th overall pick.

I don't hate Chriss but I often see the Tyrus Thomas comparisons and that is not what he looks like to me. The reason he scares me is because when I watch him I get Stromile Swift flashbacks. Swift was probably one of my biggest mistake in projecting players since I have watched the NBA. When I watched him hit a jumper off a between the legs dribble (among other things) at LSU I was sure he had it. His mobility moves length and athletic ability made me sure he just needed to put some muscle on and he be a star. Boy was I wrong because he had nothing between the ears.

Chriss gives me that vibe. That he's a great physical specimen who plays basketball because he is tall. He is coordinated enough that he's learned to make jumpers but is he really a basketball player? Will he ever have real court sense and a feel for the game or will he just be a guy who can jump really high and gets some stats because of it?

Guys who a bad rebounders scare the hell out of me because they rarely become good rebounders. It is one skill that is super hard to improve on past 18 or 19. Not saying no one can improve at all but if you are a good rebounder like Sabonis (or even a scrub like Hoffa) that is one thing you should be able to continue to so. If you don't box out at 19 or 20 you likely won't learn. He gets compared to Marion or McDYess a lot but both those guys were darn good NCCA rebounders.

I think you have to take into account that he has only been playing basketball for a little over 4 years. The reason he looks lost at times is bc he is lost. He just started playing this game. He was a highly touted football player that hurt his shoulder at 14, decided to start playing basketball instead.

His rebounding and foul problems are a concern. I think the foul problem has to do with his lack of basketball experience. AS for the rebounding we have a beast on the boards at Center and I think he can improve there as well.

I also think he can play the 3, so his rebounding #'s aren't as bad if he's at the 3.

Obvi he has bust potential, but I don't think it's a guarantee bust. And I think he has one of the higher ceilings in the draft. If he does get drafted in the top 10 tho, he will be the first ever one and done player that wasn't ranked in the top 50 coming outta High School to be picked top 10. That is a concern for me as well considering it's a weak draft

Here is a good article that breaksdown Chriss really well. https://theringer.com/marquese-chriss-nba-draft-2016-eab2962355fb#.pikw5z30c
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#38 » by nabbs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 am

S.W.A.N wrote:Tough question. I am in the minority, I went with Murray. Of all the guys in the top 8 he is the one who projects to have the worse defense. If his offense isn't up to par he becomes a spot up shooter at the next level.

I do think he will be very good, but I value defense a lot and his scares me a little more than everyone else in that group..

Not thy I am afraid of him, but I am kind of in the same boat as you. I hope I'm wrong, but I question his defense and his ability to turn the corner against quicker defenders at the next level. At the very least, he'll be an excellent spot shooter. He also ha the "catch and shoot off screens" ability.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,

Return to Toronto Raptors