ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors in Olympics Thread (Kyle, Demar, Jonas)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Hepcat
Sophomore
And1: 98

Re: Raptors in Olympics Thread (Kyle, Demar, Jonas) 

Post#161 » by Hepcat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Thespianoid wrote:Charlie Pizza and HESBURGER are making me hungry

lithuanians, how are those places anyway

I ate at a Charlie Pizza in Vilnius the last time I was in Lithuania in September 2014.

I asked the waiter which he recommended, the pizza or one of their heavily advertised hamburgers. He suggested sticking with the pizza. And it was very tasty indeed, albeit typical of the pizza served in other Lithuanian chains, e.g. Čili Pica, Pizza Mambo, Pizza Jazz, etc. The pizza served in these places has a fluffy airy crust, very unlike the heavy doughy crusts here in North America. It's also light on mozzarella cheese, although reasonably heavy on tomato sauce. Overall therefore it's not nearly as filling. A fellow can eat two therefore without getting all sick and bloated!

I kept wanting to try a Hesburger outlet but there were just too many places I needed to try and I never got around to one. And then of course I was always stuffed full anyway until nearly supper time by the breakfast buffet inevitably included in the price of my hotel room.

:wink:

Radically Canadian! Real men only need three downs.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#162 » by Double Helix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:26 pm

nabbs wrote:I love our guys man but man do they ever look so ordinary compared to these guys :"(

In that original one-on-one video sure but that second scrimmage where it's Derozan and Paul George together? No way. Those two look awesome together. Makes me wish he hated Indiana because they look like a dynamic duo out there at SG/SF. Reminds me of why Rudy and Demar failed because George plays off the ball so much better than Rudy overall. When George handled it the offence didn't seem to flow as well as when Derozan handled it and Paul George was able to move more off the ball.

It was especially cool seeing Pop watching over both. He seemed impressed by Derozan's play making.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#163 » by nabbs » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Double Helix wrote:
nabbs wrote:I love our guys man but man do they ever look so ordinary compared to these guys :"(

In that original one-on-one video sure but that second scrimmage where it's Derozan and Paul George together? No way. Those two look awesome together. Makes me wish he hated Indiana because they look like a dynamic duo out there at SG/SF. Reminds me of why Rudy and Demar failed because George plays off the ball so much better than Rudy overall. Rudy liked to handle it a lot but Paul George was willing to let Derozan do his thing and find him instead.

It was especially cool seeing Pop watching over both. He seemed impressed by Derozan's play making.

Could you link me the scrimmage video?? I think I missed that one.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
JLTV7
Senior
And1: 2,038

Post#164 » by JLTV7 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Hepcat wrote:
Thespianoid wrote:Charlie Pizza and HESBURGER are making me hungry

lithuanians, how are those places anyway

I ate at a Charlie Pizza in Vilnius the last time I was in Lithuania in September 2014.

I asked the waiter which he recommended, the pizza or one of their heavily advertised hamburgers. He suggested sticking with the pizza. And it was very tasty indeed, albeit typical of the pizza served in other Lithuanian chains, e.g. Čili Pica, Pizza Mambo, Pizza Jazz, etc. The pizza served in these places has a fluffy airy crust, very unlike the heavy doughy crusts here in North America. It's also light on mozzarella cheese, although reasonably heavy on tomato sauce. Overall therefore it's not nearly as filling. A fellow can eat two therefore without getting all sick and bloated!

I kept wanting to try a Hesburger outlet but there were just too many places I needed to try and I never got around to one. And then of course I was always stuffed full anyway until nearly supper time by the breakfast buffet inevitably included in the price of my hotel room.

I tried Hesburger on my last trip there and it was honestly very bland, would not eat again :P
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by Double Helix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:31 pm

nabbs wrote:
Double Helix wrote:

In that original one-on-one video sure but that second scrimmage where it's Derozan and Paul George together? No way. Those two look awesome together. Makes me wish he hated Indiana because they look like a dynamic duo out there at SG/SF. Reminds me of why Rudy and Demar failed because George plays off the ball so much better than Rudy overall. Rudy liked to handle it a lot but Paul George was willing to let Derozan do his thing and find him instead.

Could you link me the scrimmage video?? I think I missed that one.

They're in the lower court in this one. The camera pans up when there's dead ball stuff in the lower court and vice Versa. Derozan is on the grey team in white and looks very good attacking and/or finding teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFip3o3_pBM&sns=tw

A little more than midway through it switches and KD, Kyrie, Demar, Paul George and DeAndre are at the top.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#166 » by nbafan341 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:27 pm

does anyone have an update on what kyle demar and jomas are working on this summer?

kyle looks like he bulked (clean), jonas also looks like he got stronger but cut his body fat down and his quickness is up. As for demar, I saw one workout video of him trying to do some floater moves? IM really pulling for demar to become an off-the-ball shooter from 3pt but I think im too optimistic. Him taking more 3s will drop his usage down, increase efficiency, and would just help everyone else on our team get easier shots.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach

Post#167 » by nbafan341 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:28 pm

dribble2much would post and tag demar in training videos. Any workout videos on demar trying to attempt 3s from catch and shoot?
Dreamchasers
Ballboy
And1: 81

Post#168 » by Dreamchasers » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Kevistics wrote:dribble2much would post and tag demar in training videos. Any workout videos on demar trying to attempt 3s from catch and shoot?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/STACKMedia/status/756249033618825216[/tweet]
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#169 » by OhMyBosh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:09 am

The difference is pretty clear especially when you see them play 1 on 1. Jimmy Butler and Kyrie are a significant notch above them through the King of the Hill drill.

To be honest, I don't think they've separated themselves much from many of the Select Team players.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Double Helix » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:15 am

OhMyBosh wrote:

The difference is pretty clear especially when you see them play 1 on 1. Jimmy Butler and Kyrie are a significant notch above them through the King of the Hill drill.

To be honest, I don't think they've separated themselves much from many of the Select Team players.

Lol! Did you even watch the scrimmage? Derozan looked good and they seem to like him so far with the likely starters (Kyrie, Paul George, Durant, DeAndre).
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#171 » by Undefeated » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:34 am

Watching these videos it's crazy how efficient these guys are with their dribble with how much space they can create/gain with two dribbles.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,125

Post#172 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:55 am

Double Helix wrote:
OhMyBosh wrote:

Lol! Did you even watch the scrimmage? Derozan looked good and they seem to like him so far with the likely starters (Kyrie, Paul George, Durant, DeAndre).

People love the new players they do not have and hate the familiar (and superior) ones they do. It'll never change
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Hepcat
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#173 » by Hepcat » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:55 am

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:I'm cheering for US, while sending Lithuania good vibes. I don't want USA to not win gold, as it would, unfairly perhaps, be looked at as a huge failure.

Given the collective salaries the U.S. players earn, I rather doubt that too many basketball fans will shed any tears for the squad. I for one would be one of those snickering with delight.

Radically Canadian! Real men only need three downs.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach

Post#174 » by nbafan341 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 am

Dreamchasers wrote:
Kevistics wrote:dribble2much would post and tag demar in training videos. Any workout videos on demar trying to attempt 3s from catch and shoot?

Thanks that made my year. here's to hoping he hits 3s :D
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#175 » by mintsa » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 am

Since not one but two raptors are on the us squad this year I'm all in on team USA!!!!

I see 2 tune up games on NBA TV , Argentina and China (actually 3, are the playing Argentina twice??)

Anymore ??
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#176 » by Wargreymon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:01 am

Demar hitting 3s brings a tear to my eye. I'm hoping he averages 25/5/5 next year on 45/35/80 efficiency
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#177 » by raptor jesus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 am

Dreamchasers wrote:

Pretty good view of why Demar struggles from deep - doesn't lock his elbow.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach

Post#178 » by nbafan341 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:03 am

raptor jesus wrote:
Dreamchasers wrote:

isnt that cus its a quick release? ray allen has a quick release
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#179 » by Clementine9 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:41 pm

raptor jesus wrote:
Dreamchasers wrote:

And he's catapulting the ball. Been the same issues since forever.
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
DUNPHY
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#180 » by DUNPHY » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:46 pm

First half of the season Lowry can take Kyrie no problem.

Return to Toronto Raptors