ImageImageImageImageImage

DeMarre Carroll Still Working On Getting Healthy

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Re: DeMarre Carroll Still Working On Getting Healthy 

Post#81 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:16 pm

I don't hate Carroll as a player but I dislike Masai for signing him.

Yes he's had a difficult life, I completely understand. But I'm just a regular fan and I can tell you that he's been a bit injury prone throughout his career and was very clearly a system player in ATL. It blows my mind that Masai didn't pick up on that and he's supposed to be one of the best GMs in the league.

Then he passes on Portis. While Portis isn't special, at least we wouldn't have to be looking for stopgaps right now.

The season before that, he takes Bruno over the very clearly better Rodney Hood. I still remember getting excited that night when Hood was still on the board and I could have bet my balls that was going to be the pick. An absolute no brainer....and somehow we end up with a guy who will probably be out of the NBA after his rookie deal.

It's a snowball/butterfly effect. One of these blunders is okay, everyone makes mistake but over and over again... we'll be rebuilding sooner than we're seriously contending at this rate. Not to mention we're strapped for cash and Kyle and Carroll are only getting older.
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,137

Post#82 » by Risk101 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 am

Whatever you want to say about Carroll, wether it be positive or negative, he is dedicated to the city and thats all you can ask of at this point of his career.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeMarreCarroll1/status/755916562838814725[/tweet]
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#83 » by 7 Footer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:34 am

Risk101 wrote:Whatever you want to say about Carroll, wether it be positive or negative, he is dedicated to the city and thats all you can ask of at this point of his career.

Im pretty sure if we got paid his money, we'd be dedicated to the city aswell...
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,137

Post#84 » by Risk101 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:39 am

7 Footer wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Whatever you want to say about Carroll, wether it be positive or negative, he is dedicated to the city and thats all you can ask of at this point of his career.

Im pretty sure if we got paid his money, we'd be dedicated to the city aswell...

Theres alot of guys who got paid as equal or even more then he did that aren't as vocal as he is about his work.

Take it for what you want but an employee showing pride in his work and is looking to strive to be better is great in my books.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,043

Post#85 » by Westside Gunn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:14 am

Smitson wrote:
dTox wrote:hmm

“A lot of our plays are ran for certain guys, whereas in Atlanta, the ball was more free-flowing,” he said. “You used to catch and shoot whenever. You’d pass up a good shot to get a great shot. But this team — Toronto — we’re more of a physical, pound-it-down-your-throat type of team 1-on-1. So I feel like there was a learning curve.”

Atlanta this, Atlanta that. Atlanta can't win a single game against the cavs. **** Atlanta I'm sick of hearing about that mediocre team from Carroll.

He still got broads in Atlanta
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,391

Post#86 » by Wargreymon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:13 am

This guy needs to spend less time at JC Penney and more time in the weight room doing squats and strengthening his weak ass chicken legs.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,746
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#87 » by Boogie! » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 am

this same thread is gonna pop up every offseason for duration of his contract.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#88 » by SaveTheHens » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:54 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:I don't hate Carroll as a player but I dislike Masai for signing him.

Yes he's had a difficult life, I completely understand. But I'm just a regular fan and I can tell you that he's been a bit injury prone throughout his career and was very clearly a system player in ATL. It blows my mind that Masai didn't pick up on that and he's supposed to be one of the best GMs in the league.

Then he passes on Portis. While Portis isn't special, at least we wouldn't have to be looking for stopgaps right now.

The season before that, he takes Bruno over the very clearly better Rodney Hood. I still remember getting excited that night when Hood was still on the board and I could have bet my balls that was going to be the pick. An absolute no brainer....and somehow we end up with a guy who will probably be out of the NBA after his rookie deal.

It's a snowball/butterfly effect. One of these blunders is okay, everyone makes mistake but over and over again... we'll be rebuilding sooner than we're seriously contending at this rate. Not to mention we're strapped for cash and Kyle and Carroll are only getting older.

No Carrol and we lose in the first round. He gave us big gameswhen we needed them in the playoffs. The price is high but we overpayed to get him away from atlanta. As "bad" as Masai is, hes made us break playoff and regular season records
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#89 » by Throwback24 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:23 pm

7 Footer wrote:

lol I would be loved just as much as DD. I'd always be tweeting pro Raptor/Toronto I got us BS and you guys would all eat it up.

I wish.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#90 » by lilswift01 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:10 pm

I was quite underwhelmed by his athelticism and ball handling skills this year. But he does play hard and has decent lenght + shot. If he can find a way to stay healthy i think its a decent deal.

Return to Toronto Raptors