ImageImageImageImageImage

Jae Crowder - "Toronto is not a team we're worried about."

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RapsFor2nd
Junior
And1: 165

Re: Re: Re: Jae Crowder - 

Post#161 » by RapsFor2nd » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:17 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:
VC720 wrote:There was no way we could have signed Biyombo without moving someone on the roster. Demar could have taken the MLE and we still couldn't have afforded Biyombo.

Well you know that's a lie. If Derozan took 18 million we could have gave Biz 15 million no problem. He would have probably took less to stay with us. If you have to move a Bebe or Bruno(who will just be outta the NBA once their contract is up) oh well.

6 million left was just not enough...

Learn the CBA a little, this isn't true at all.

Derozan got 26 million a year? Sully got 6 million? 32 million it seems like to me. Get rid of Bruno and Bebe that's another 3.5 million.

35.5 million

Derozan can take 20 million and biz can still have 15 million per season. Learn math.

Derozan's cap hold was only 18 million. Still gives plenty of money left to sign an unrestricted free agent .
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: Jae Crowder - "Toronto is not a team we're worried about." 

Post#162 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Keep digging Jae!
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#163 » by Ill » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:59 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:Derozan got 26 million a year? Sully got 6 million? 32 million it seems like to me. Get rid of Bruno and Bebe that's another 3.5 million.

35.5 million

Derozan can take 20 million and biz can still have 15 million per season. Learn math.

Derozan's cap hold was only 18 million. Still gives plenty of money left to sign an unrestricted free agent .

It boggles my mind that you're arguing such nonsense without knowing at all how the CBA works.
RapsFor2nd
Junior

Post#164 » by RapsFor2nd » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Ill wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:Derozan got 26 million a year? Sully got 6 million? 32 million it seems like to me. Get rid of Bruno and Bebe that's another 3.5 million.

35.5 million

It boggles my mind that you're arguing such nonsense without knowing at all how the CBA works.

Dude Derozan will make 26 million, sullly will make 6 million signed under the cap(unrestricted free agent just like Biz). That's 32 million!!!!

What don't you understand about instead of Derozan taking 26 million he takes 18 and that extra 8 gets added to Sully's 6 million. 14 million for Biz. UNDER THE CAP!!!!!
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#165 » by Mr Burns » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:10 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:
Ill wrote:

35.5 million

Dude Derozan will make 26 million, sullly will make 6 million signed under the cap(unrestricted free agent just like Biz). That's 32 million!!!!

What don't you understand about instead of Derozan taking 26 million he takes 18 and that extra 8 gets added to Sully's 6 million. 14 million for Biz. UNDER THE CAP!!!!!

Dude give up, no one is giving up 8 million a year when they are just entering their prime so the Raptors can sign Biz. And i'm pretty sure we got Sully using the MLE which teams only get once they are over the cap so you can't just add that 8 million to 6 million thats not how things work.
RapsFor2nd
Junior

Post#166 » by RapsFor2nd » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 pm

Mr Burns wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:
Ill wrote:

Dude give up, no one is giving up 8 million a year when they are just entering their prime so the Raptors can sign Biz. And i'm pretty sure we got Sully using the MLE which teams only get once they are over the cap so you can't just add that 8 million to 6 million thats not how things work.

didn't use the MLE! And that's my whole point to the guy saying Derozan doesn't care about Money. Obviously he does!
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#167 » by Pooh_Jeter » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:16 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:
Ill wrote:

35.5 million

Dude Derozan will make 26 million, sullly will make 6 million signed under the cap. that's 32 million.

Give Derozan 18 and biz 14 million. WHAT DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?????????????????????????????

Wow. I almost don't want to explain why you're wrong because this is pretty hilarious.

First off, because we held the bird rights for Demar (allows us to go over the cap to re-sign him) we had to retain his cap hold which was about 15.5M. There was never a point in which he counted nothing against our cap figure.

The cap hold of Poetl and Siakam also counts against our cap figure. Going into free agency with actual salaries and cap holds we were roughly at 90M of salary. The salary cap is set for approx 94M.

Because we don't hold bird rights on Biyombo, the most we could offer him and still go over the salary cap is 120% of his previous years salary. That salary would essentially match what cap space we actually had.

In order for us to re-sign Biyombo we had to use our cap space. In order to open up enough space it would have necessitated dumping Carroll or Ross and pieces. The only way DeRozan's salary plays a factor in this is if he took LESS than his 15.5M cap hold. Not just less, but significantly less.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
RapsFor2nd
Junior

Post#168 » by RapsFor2nd » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:
Ill wrote:

Dude Derozan will make 26 million, sullly will make 6 million signed under the cap. that's 32 million.

Give Derozan 18 and biz 14 million. WHAT DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?????????????????????????????

Wow. I almost don't want to explain why you're wrong because this is pretty hilarious.

First off, because we held the bird rights for Demar (allows us to go over the cap to re-sign him) we had to retain his cap hold which was about 15.5M. There was never a point in which he counted nothing against our cap figure.

The cap hold of Poetl and Siakam also counts against our cap figure. Going into free agency with actual salaries and cap holds we were roughly at 90M of salary. The salary cap is set for approx 94M.

Because we don't hold bird rights on Biyombo, the most we could offer him and still go over the salary cap is 120% of his previous years salary. That salary would essentially match what cap space we actually had.

In order for us to re-sign Biyombo we had to use our cap space. In order to open up enough space it would have necessitated dumping Carroll or Ross and pieces. The only way DeRozan's salary plays a factor in this is if he took LESS than his 15.5M cap hold. Not just less, but significantly less.

So by what you're saying since going into Free agency we were at 90 million with Derozan only making 15.5. Add another 10.5 and Sully's 6 million. You're saying our cap rn is at 106.5 million? Not counting the 15th guy we add?
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#169 » by Pooh_Jeter » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:

So by what you're saying since going into Free agency we were at 90 million with Derozan only making 15.5. Add another 10.5 and Sully's 6 million. You're saying our cap rn is at 106.5 million?

Yes. We had very little cap flexibility unless there was a major trade made.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
RapsFor2nd
Junior

Post#170 » by RapsFor2nd » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:

So by what you're saying since going into Free agency we were at 90 million with Derozan only making 15.5. Add another 10.5 and Sully's 6 million. You're saying our cap rn is at 106.5 million?

Yes. We had very little cap flexibility unless there was a major trade made.

So we're paying the luxury tax this year?
Ill
RealGM

Post#171 » by Ill » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:

RapsFor2nd
Junior

Post#172 » by RapsFor2nd » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Ill wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:

So next year when we sign lowry and you'd hope Patterson since we don't have a Power Forward. That's 14 million more than his 12 million now for lowry, Patterson is at 6 million now so you'd think he'd get at least 15 considering what others are getting. That's 23 million more plus the increase of salaries of each player.

So you're looking at well over 132 million dollar cap hit after next off-season?

This team is screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill
RealGM

Post#173 » by Ill » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:25 pm

Cool man.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#174 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:49 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
smith2373 wrote:
Fair enough. Was just giving some context to the numbers.

As a Celtic fan, while I'm happy that Crowder has that confidence in himself and the team, I think this is a situation where he was better off just not saying anything

Agree because it puts a target on the Celtics back. The only players that should bad-mouth other teams are star players since they're the ones that usually control the outcome of the game. Someone else making statements like this just puts unneeded pressure on the star players to deliver. Washington and Toronto are going to circle Boston games now...

Young guy mistake.

I don't know. Do you really think anyone is going to be worried about a throwaway comment like that 9 months from now when the games really matter? I would hope that this comment isnt the extra motivation the Raps would need if they faced off in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, athletes use anything for motivation. I think this is more an in-season motivation since playoffs don't need anymore motivation but still...
Ska needs to make a comeback.
NotSoOrdinary
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#175 » by NotSoOrdinary » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:24 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
firekil wrote:I mean he's not wrong, I'm not sure anybody sees us as the favorite to take the East.

No but we have the best odds to do so. We just signed a significant piece away from Boston and we added likely rotation rookies for the front court. I like our chances against Boston for years to come. Will we take a small step back because of no Biz? In the regular season JV and Biz seemed interchangeable so I think a healthy JV means we're covered. Looks like Sully/Pat/Paskal for PFs and JV/Jake/Bebe but training camp should decide all that.

Sullinger was horrendous in the playoffs. Most Boston fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.
Raptors-Son
Junior
And1: 138

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jae Crowder - 

Post#176 » by Raptors-Son » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:31 am

RapsFor2nd wrote:
Ill wrote:
RapsFor2nd wrote:

So next year when we sign lowry and you'd hope Patterson since we don't have a Power Forward. That's 14 million more than his 12 million now for lowry, Patterson is at 6 million now so you'd think he'd get at least 15 considering what others are getting. That's 23 million more plus the increase of salaries of each player.

So you're looking at well over 132 million dollar cap hit after next off-season?

This team is screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why we have a GM and front office staff so us fans don't have to worry about it aside from watching ans hoping they do well. But yes at this point on paper this is how it looks on paper but a lot can change with the roster between now and next summer.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#177 » by Northface82 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 am

Not sure if already posted:

In an interview on Thursday, Boston Celtics forward Jae Crowder said that he thinks his team has what it takes to reach the Eastern Conference Finals this coming season, and that he “wasn’t worried about” the three-time defending division champ Toronto Raptors impeding the Celts’ progress. Shortly after the story below was published, Raptors forward DeMarre Carroll was asked about Crowder’s comments during an appearance on SN 590 The Fan.

Here’s what Carroll had to say: “I think it’s a comment from a person who hasn’t been in a playoff situation. When you haven’t been on that level you don’t understand what it takes. Myself, going to back-to-back Conference Finals, I know what it takes. I think it’s a comment from a guy who hasn’t played at that level, sounds like a young [guy] comment.”

Shots fired!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/celtics-crowder-says-raptors-not-team-worried/
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Re: Re: Re: Jae Crowder - "Toronto is not a team we're worried about." 

Post#178 » by VinBaker6 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:47 am

Northface82 wrote:Not sure if already posted:

In an interview on Thursday, Boston Celtics forward Jae Crowder said that he thinks his team has what it takes to reach the Eastern Conference Finals this coming season, and that he “wasn’t worried about” the three-time defending division champ Toronto Raptors impeding the Celts’ progress. Shortly after the story below was published, Raptors forward DeMarre Carroll was asked about Crowder’s comments during an appearance on SN 590 The Fan.

Here’s what Carroll had to say: “I think it’s a comment from a person who hasn’t been in a playoff situation. When you haven’t been on that level you don’t understand what it takes. Myself, going to back-to-back Conference Finals, I know what it takes. I think it’s a comment from a guy who hasn’t played at that level, sounds like a young [guy] comment.”

Shots fired!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/celtics-crowder-says-raptors-not-team-worried/

Carroll always big upping himself lol

S/O to TZ!
Raptors-Son
Junior
And1: 138

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jae Crowder - "Toronto is not a team we're worried about." 

Post#179 » by Raptors-Son » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:52 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
Northface82 wrote:Not sure if already posted:

Shots fired!

Carroll always big upping himself lol

Lol Carroll should've just said "don't worry about mini me"
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#180 » by Inevitable » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:08 am

I really hope this doesn't turn into a media driven rivalry. We'd wash them in 5 games next season.

Return to Toronto Raptors