ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Heat and Bosh situation WT - dirty pool?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Re: OT- Heat and Bosh situation WT - dirty pool? 

Post#41 » by Patman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:They are trying to funnel him into retirement. He wants to keep playing.

If he keeps playing they pay his salary, if he retites insurance covers the majority of it.

The whole thing has turned nasty.

If you read his letter that he posted a couple days ago, it sounds like Bosh isn't ready to give up the lifestyle of a NBA player. The second he retires he becomes just another ex-athlete. I'm sure walking away from the spotlite and into the shadows is hard to accept.

It shows how much playing means to Bosh. He doesn't have to play. He has two rings, he's probably a HOF player already, he's set for life financially, and he also has enough education and skills to pursue another career post-playing.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#42 » by DrCoach » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:03 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
DrCoach wrote:I don't see what the problem is, it's a business move. Bosh gets all of his money, Miami can save 50-60 million dollars and clear cap.

Nothing to see here

How does making sure he can't join the playoff roster for any other team a business move?

Ummm, if Bosh is cleared and plays for a rival and beats you in the playoffs, that costs you money
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,006

Post#43 » by kalel123 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Patman wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:They are trying to funnel him into retirement. He wants to keep playing.

If he keeps playing they pay his salary, if he retites insurance covers the majority of it.

If you read his letter that he posted a couple days ago, it sounds like Bosh isn't ready to give up the lifestyle of a NBA player. The second he retires he becomes just another ex-athlete. I'm sure walking away from the spotlite and into the shadows is hard to accept.

It shows how much playing means to Bosh. He doesn't have to play. He has two rings, he's probably a HOF player already, he's set for life financially, and he also has enough education and skills to pursue another career post-playing.

It shows how much getting attention means to Bosh. All these things he's doing on the side, even making videos of this, just screams "LOOK AT ME!"

I would say Karma is a bitch but then somebody already said it.

What would make this perfect is if he somehow came back on a team at minimum salary next season to play his 25 games just as a big F U to Miami. Now THAT would be karma.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#44 » by Patman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:25 pm

kalel123 wrote:
Patman wrote:

It shows how much getting attention means to Bosh. All these things he's doing on the side, even making videos of this, just screams "LOOK AT ME!"

What would make this perfect is if he somehow came back on a team at minimum salary next season to play his 25 games just as a big F U to Miami. Now THAT would be karma.

Yep. There's a lot of bad karma going around in all directions. Aside from health issues (I don't wish that on anybody), I'm not about feel sorry for millionaires trying to screw other millionaires lol.
tontonpoulet
Senior
And1: 487

Post#45 » by tontonpoulet » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:01 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:Yeah Bosh would have to sit out until feb for heat to get their medical exception and have his salary removed. March 1st is the playoff date which yeah, which is to stick it to bosh. But if i'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 games somewhere else, his cap # goes back on the heat?

Either way this whole situation has been about the heat unloading bosh salary. After LeBron left, Riley wanted as much cap space as possible for the 2017 year.

10 days was an old rule. I believe that it's 26 days now. The same situation happened to Darius Miles and he only had to play 10 days for his salary to go back into Portland's books.

According to what I've heard. Bosh has to not play for a year following the date of the last game he ever played for Miami. So that would be Feb.9th 2017. In order for Miami to waive him, an independant doctor has to be chosen and agreed upon by both Miami and the NBAPA. That doctor would have to say that Bosh can't play no more. Once that happens and the date is passed then Chris comes off Miami's books and is covered by insurance.

If following that, another team wants to take a flyer on Chris and he passes their medical. Chris will have to play 26 games for his salary to go back on Miami's books.

I would love for that situation to happen if Chris were to play for Toronto. He would be exactly what we need. But who can live with the idea that they were responsible for Chris' death if it were to happen.

Miami is making the right decision but I think their approach leaves alot to be desired.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#46 » by brownbobcat » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:02 pm

DrCoach wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
DrCoach wrote:I don't see what the problem is, it's a business move. Bosh gets all of his money, Miami can save 50-60 million dollars and clear cap.

Nothing to see here

How does making sure he can't join the playoff roster for any other team a business move?

Ummm, if Bosh is cleared and plays for a rival and beats you in the playoffs, that costs you money

Yeah, but it doesn't have any impact on them saving 50-60 mil or clearing cap. With Bosh + Wade gone, I really don't think they have to worry much about playoff revenue.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#47 » by IMAN5 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 pm

kalel123 wrote:
Patman wrote:

He will 100% be signed. And if everyone is scared there's always Colangelo in Philly. Has the cap space plus roster spot. Could be sweet revenge for the heat stripping the Raptors team Colangelo was trying to build.
instagram.com/510movement

Return to Toronto Raptors