ImageImageImageImageImage

Sullinger to undergo Foot Surgery

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Re: Sullinger to undergo Foot Surgery 

Post#161 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:23 pm

With Bebe and Sullinger both the rookies are going to get a lot of minutes to start the year.

I don't think that this is the worst thing. let them get some burn, into the fire sort of thing...or they take the bait and make a trade.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,004

Post#162 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:28 pm

How does something like this just happen out of nowhere? This has got to be a wear and tear issue that's been accumulating for a while now. Once again, just like with Carroll's knee, it appears our medical staff didn't do its due diligence when signing a free agent. We better hope Siakam can be a rotation player right off the bat, because our depth at PF is paper thin after Patterson.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#163 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Team needs a little more from the front office.

Sent from my SM-G903W using RealGM mobile app
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Re: Sully's left foot injury 

Post#164 » by Too Late Crew » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Throwback24 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:Time to trade for a PF

We could have had Terrence Jones if it weren't for his 'character' issues.

No need for a trade. Due to good planning we can just give his minutes to Bobby Portis...oh wait... :(
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#165 » by RapsFanInOhio » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Don't think we make a move. Pascal will likely start and Patterson will see heavy minutes.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#166 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:33 pm

JaysRule15 wrote:How does something like this just happen out of nowhere? This has got to be a wear and tear issue that's been accumulating for a while now. Once again, just like with Carroll's knee, it appears our medical staff didn't do its due diligence when signing a free agent. We better hope Siakam can be a rotation player right off the bat, because our depth at PF is paper thin after Patterson.

Or or or it happened during preseason? Or maybe they were aware and that's why Sully only signed for cheap This offseason because teams knew he was hurt? He was cheap as ****
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#167 » by zilby » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Now I'm also really scared about Sully not maintaining his weight with surgery now that he can't do running or will be limited in cardio.

Time to dial up the PF trade market. I'm wondering if Masai saw enough in FVV to make him our third-stringer and start shopping Delon.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#168 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:35 pm

On the plus side (for us, not Sullinger), since it's a "stress fracture" if it doesn't work out for him it's just a 1 year contract.

We can either walk from him all together, or get a discount for next year.

Stress fractures are scarry, bones just don't crack for no reason...under normal use.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#169 » by djsunyc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:35 pm

JaysRule15 wrote:How does something like this just happen out of nowhere? This has got to be a wear and tear issue that's been accumulating for a while now. Once again, just like with Carroll's knee, it appears our medical staff didn't do its due diligence when signing a free agent. We better hope Siakam can be a rotation player right off the bat, because our depth at PF is paper thin after Patterson.

sully with constant overweight issues. you got small bones in them feet. and being a basketball player means there's no real rest for the foot. this isn't surprising at all when it comes to overweight folks.

my gut tells me we are not winning the division and we are going to end up in the 45 win range.

so what do we do now?

one option is to start siakam - that will be tough.
another option is to move caroll to the 4 and play small, starting norm. keep ross on the bench for 2nd unit scoring.
Air Canada
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Post#170 » by Air Canada » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Well that's not a great way to start the season but they've dealt with injuries before. Chance for Siakam, Bebe and/or Poeltl to step up.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#171 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:42 pm

djsunyc wrote:

sully with constant overweight issues. you got small bones in them feet. and being a basketball player means there's no real rest for the foot. this isn't surprising at all when it comes to overweight folks.

my gut tells me we are not winning the division and we are going to end up in the 45 win range.

so what do we do now?

another option is to move caroll to the 4 and play small, starting norm. keep ross on the bench for 2nd unit scoring.

You think the division has improved so much that we're gonna lose an additional 11 games from last year?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,512

Post#172 » by S.W.A.N » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Too bad for Sully. Hope he heals and gets back soon.

As for the team... I am calling blessing in disguise right now. Coach Casey has an aversion to playing young guys unless he needs to. Well now he needs to. Siakam and Bebe (maybe even Poeltl) are going to get more minutes now. A little early season trial by fire that could pay off for us in the long term.
We the North
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,638

Post#173 » by C_Money » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

I don't trust the rookies at all. I'm hoping Patterson gets 40 minutes per game with Sullinger out.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#174 » by djsunyc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:52 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

so what do we do now?

You think the division has improved so much that we're gonna lose an additional 11 games from last year?

well i think getting to 56 wins was a little bit of an overachievement last year. but even if you disagree, we did benefit from having a qulity backup center in biz as val was hurt for a good portion of the season.

we have no real frontcourt depth this year. pat and jonas can be a starting pf/c combo with the way we are constructed but our bench bigs will get decimated. this means pat + jonas will have to play more mins than normal...which will cause a cumulative effect on their bodies...and in a negative way.

no starting pf, unreliable front court depth...and a very good chance for some other injury. dec not 100%. bebe always getting hurt. jonas nagging injuries.

i'm not comparing our win total in relation to last year. i see us struggling to get to 50 with a more realistic number around 45-47.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#175 » by Double Helix » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:52 pm

It's a big blow. No getting around it. A big reason I was excited about the year beyond more Carroll minutes was that I thought Sully would help offset Biyombo and Scola's losses more than some other forecaster's predicted.

So, now we have 26-28 minutes of playing time that will go from one of the more underrated RAPM players in Sully going to rookies (Poeltl/Siakam). 2Pat and JV will be forced to play more as well and that's interesting but this was crap news to hear for depth reasons for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#176 » by Asif16 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Siakam was gonna minutes regardless, even if Sully was healthy. My guess was siakam being our back up C. But with sully out now, pressure on siakiam grows and now we are gonna have to play Poetl or Bebe.
Asif16
RealGM

Post#177 » by Asif16 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Is there anyone out there we can sign that can fit the PF bill short time? I just dpnt have any faith in Poetl or Bebe.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#178 » by Zeno » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Personally, I'd start Carroll at the 4 and either Ross or Powell at the 3. Then Siakam at the backup c off the bench next to Patterson.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Peja Stojakovic
Starter
And1: 2,939

Post#179 » by Peja Stojakovic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 pm

at least casey seems to trust siakam enough to not just bury him on the bench immediately

Asif16
RealGM

Post#180 » by Asif16 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Zeno wrote:Personally, I'd start Carroll at the 4 and either Ross or Powell at the 3. Then Siakam at the backup c off the bench next to Patterson.

This is what im thinking too. Casey loves small ball and also loves to bring Patterson off the bench. Maybe casey keeps patterson in the bench to start the season and start Norman Powell instead, to see how it goes.

Lowry/Joseph
Derozan/Ross
Powell/Bruno
Carrol/Patterson
Val/Siakam

Bruno obviously wouldnt see any minutes. Casey would play one of Derozan/Lowry with the second unit like last year

Return to Toronto Raptors