ImageImageImageImageImage

538 has updated their model

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

blueseeka
Junior
And1: 123

Re: 538 has updated their model 

Post#41 » by blueseeka » Sat Dec 3, 2016 3:46 pm

theSkinny wrote:My eyes went dyslexic and saw SAS and LAC combined to make SAC.. for a second I was like ...DAFUQ?

I did the same thing. We should grab a beer and start reading billboards quickly
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#42 » by DonMega » Sat Dec 3, 2016 3:58 pm

don't know what this site is but at least we're ranked properly for once.
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#43 » by isyed » Sat Dec 3, 2016 5:38 pm

Seeing what LeBron does and how he conserves his energy but still kicks ass is just so disheartening. I think the only way we even sniff a chance at beating him is a perfect storm of match ups with slow down LeBron considerably and on the flip side relatively easy path for us.

For example we absolutely need to be number 1 and have home court to have a chance. We also need to have teams that cavs match up bad with to extend their 1st and 2nd round series to atleast 5 or 7 games with LeBron being worked really hard. Something like a bucks or new york team where Melo or Greek freak constantly being matched up against LeBron would be ideal. Or great defensive teams like a hornets or bulls. Maybe bucks first round and then bulls or hornets second round would be ideal.

I personally don't want to take any of our match ups easily but we need a non marquee wing match up ie someone like a pistons and then maybe a hawks team to have any chance of being fresh for the ecf and take LeBron on. On top of that we need all our shooters to be shooting really well and our defensive guys be healthy and ready to go. Ie dmc Ross or Patterson shooting over 40%on 3s and dmc being 100q healthy. Ofcourse it goes without saying that demar and Kyle have to be completely on their game and non of this bad elbow or being bothered by long defenders crap. They are seasoned vets by now and have been to the playoffs enough time to know how to play well. Keep them fresh and maybe just maybe with Irving also struggling we might have a chance... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using RealGM mobile app
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#44 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Dec 3, 2016 6:47 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Troubadour wrote:http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Projected Records:
1. GSW - 68-14
2. SAS - 58-24
3. LAC - 56-26
4. TOR - 55-27
5. CLE - 55-27

538 also gives both the Raptors and Cavs a 39% chance of making the Finals.

Raptors have an 8% chance of winning the championship; Cavs have a 7% chance.

That said, 538 was wrong on Donald Trump for 18 months. No way this happens (enough of a reverse jinx?)

They weren't "wrong". They actually gave Trump a better chance than the other poll aggregator sites (Huffpo :lol: ... :( ) In that sense, they were the least out to lunch.

But at his peak, Nate & Co. only gave Trump a 31% chance to win the Electoral College. I thought that was ridiculously high at the time. So if he gives the Raptors a 39% chance to make the Finals, I'm taking that to the bank!

Remember, the actual election was very close in three key states, all of which swung for Trump with very narrow margins. That's not exactly unrepresentative of what a 31% chance might look like - think of it like the a hypothetical Raptors team in the ECF winning 3 elimination games against the Cavs by 1 point thanks to either low % made shots or high % misses by Lebron/Love/Irving.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#45 » by Patman » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:34 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Troubadour wrote:http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Projected Records:
1. GSW - 68-14
2. SAS - 58-24
3. LAC - 56-26
4. TOR - 55-27
5. CLE - 55-27

538 also gives both the Raptors and Cavs a 39% chance of making the Finals.

Raptors have an 8% chance of winning the championship; Cavs have a 7% chance.

That said, 538 was wrong on Donald Trump for 18 months. No way this happens (enough of a reverse jinx?)

They weren't "wrong". They actually gave Trump a better chance than the other poll aggregator sites (Huffpo :lol: ... :( ) In that sense, they were the least out to lunch.

But at his peak, Nate & Co. only gave Trump a 31% chance to win the Electoral College. I thought that was ridiculously high at the time. So if he gives the Raptors a 39% chance to make the Finals, I'm taking that to the bank!

Remember, the actual election was very close in three key states, all of which swung for Trump with very narrow margins. That's not exactly unrepresentative of what a 31% chance might look like - think of it like the a hypothetical Raptors team in the ECF winning 3 elimination games against the Cavs by 1 point thanks to either low % made shots or high % misses by Lebron/Love/Irving.

This. Trump overcoming the odds is the analogous to a team getting blown out in 3 games and winning 4 close games to take a series. It doesn't really make the oddsmakers look like fools.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#46 » by theSkinny » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:04 am

blueseeka wrote:
theSkinny wrote:My eyes went dyslexic and saw SAS and LAC combined to make SAC.. for a second I was like ...DAFUQ?

I did the same thing. We should grab a beer and start reading billboards quickly

Sure thing, I am in Belize tho..
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#47 » by sca » Sun Dec 4, 2016 10:03 am

We also have the best ELO rating of our team history ATM (1649 vs. 1637 back when we were 24-7 on Dec. 28, 2014)
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks

Return to Toronto Raptors