ImageImageImageImageImage

Demar is having an amazing season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Re: Demar is having an amazing season 

Post#181 » by LastNameEver » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Demar stans have plagued this board like how late Kobe fans plagued realGM
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#182 » by Saciid11 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:29 pm

The Boy wrote:Demar stans have plagued this board like how late Kobe fans plagued realGM

Kobe is all time great and one of the hardest working players in the league history.. Even if you don't like Kobe's attitude, you have to respect his competitive nature and his work ethics. The same with Demar he earned his respect by being hard worker and not just being happy with being mediocre player ..
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#183 » by Rapcity_11 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:37 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
Did you just pick the median number (i.e. the Wolves) or did you actually calculate the mean because as far as I can tell it isn't listed in the link. But feels like TS% has gone up quite a bit from even a few years ago. Amazing how much the league has changed.

In any event, I stand by my point. Demar could be better but it's hard to argue with the number one offense of all time, and he clearly has an outsized impact on it.

There's a league average row on the bottom of each block of stats.

TS% has hung right around 54% since 2006. This is the first year I think that it's gone well over 54%.

It's silly to compare his usage rates to league average.
It should be compared to league average for guards and ideally ones that have a certain minimum usg%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, go for it.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Re: RE: Re: Demar is having an amazing season 

Post#184 » by VinBaker6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:39 pm

RaptorsFTL wrote:
15Years wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
There will be quite a few guys not participating in the All-Star game who have bigger impact than DeMar. That's probably an accurate way to put it.

LOL So basically exactly what i thought you were saying before. Marginalizing and minimalizing what he's doing this year to simple "boxscore stats" now. Pathetic. I remember when this board was clamoring for a 25-5-5 sg on good percentages. Now when derozan is doing that and on decent to good percentages. It's only a good "boxscore season".
And the fact that you think there are other players in the east that make a bigger impact than him that deserve the all star team more than him also doesn't help your case. What a joke.

No one is saying Demar hasn't significantly improved. He went from a mediocre player to as you said a 25-5-5 good player but there is this misconception he has reached the level of superstardom which he hasn't.

I don't know about the player who has more impact will miss the ASG, but the tempered position of what Demar is needs to be said.

This is basically it. He's not a Superstar, but he's a legit all-star level player who can occasionally go off and have a superstar level game (or **** the bed too). He's surpassed my expectations and he's done very well (except his hideous, disgusting, and embarrassing post defense, I swear I could school him down there). DD's a weird case where he's simultaneously underrated and overrated though, it's pretty funny.

S/O to TZ!
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#185 » by LastNameEver » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Saciid11 wrote:
The Boy wrote:Demar stans have plagued this board like how late Kobe fans plagued realGM

Kobe is all time great and one of the hardest working players in the league history.. Even if you don't like Kobe's attitude, you have to respect his competitive nature and his work ethics. The same with Demar he earned his respect by being hard worker and not just being happy with being mediocre player ..
It's 2 spectrums of delusion.

Except one earned the right to have fans describe them with illusions of grandeur.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#186 » by The_Hater » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:00 am

RED ONE wrote:I feel like what Demar has done this season is being swept under the rug, because of how great Westbrook and Harden have been. I can't believe he is averaging 28.2ppg without having even an average three point shot. Did anyone hear ever think he was capable of playing this well? I feel like he gets the Melo treatment here, because of his defense, but you cant knock this guys work ethic and passion for the game.

Demar is having a great season but it's Lowry's even greater season that's getting swept under the rug.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Toronto Raptors